Brawl in cell block 99

I felt like I was watching some indie John Carpenter KINO during this movie.

SO DAMN GOOD. Even normies are liking this non-commercial, non-cooking cutter shit

youtube.com/watch?v=i5UU2TxOcZs

cookie-cutter*
Gotta be honest, I much preferred seeing Vince doing his crime shit than his time inside the wall, you can tell the character knows his shit and has his own rules about committing criminals acts while also keeping any kind of mishap to a minimum.

So what happened with the fat one, was he wearing body armor? They show him perfectly fine a few days with the liazar dude at redleaf

Then again I dont think we see how much time is spent before he is sentenced, so maybe its been weeks/months

Didn't Vince come up from behind and just hit him?
He goes to the first prison with the injuries from the botched job, then he gets those marks on his head and has those for the rest of the movie. It has to be a short time period.

>Didn't Vince come up from behind and just hit him?

I thought he shot him a couple times, but I guess it is my bad memory. Only saw the movie once so far

I liked it. A few moments were cringy but overall it had a great 70s feel to it.

He shot him only once/twice before ever his gun jammed/ran out of ammo. Clearly he didn't hit him bad

Brawl | Assault
Cell block | Precinct
99 | 13

agreed senpai

>Talk Correct, or Get Raped
what did he mean by this?

Do you think the guy he gave the stun-gun to was the guy he was supposed to kill?

Or was that guy not even real and it was all a trap to lure him to a dungeon prison to torture him daily?

When he asked the other inmates they all said nobody here by that name

>Do you think the guy he gave the stun-gun to was the guy he was supposed to kill?
There was no Christopher Bridge, it was all a ruse to get him in the same prison with Eleazar.
>my face when

Liazar offers to double the pay to kill him still, AND could have simply just dismembered his baby earlier, but offers to still hold off if he kills him

I figured the gang tricked him into working his way to Block 99 so that they could punish him for betraying them, the mission was a lie from the beginning. The guards at redleaf were obviously being paid off by the mob boss, which would explain his cell, access to a phone and the fact that the guards didn't shoot the other gang member after he attacked Brad in the courtyard at gunpoint.

I suppose, with how corrupt the warden was, he could have just let the liazar shoot the inmate in the head, so yeah it was indeed a 100% ruse

I agree, but then.. why do they just put him in the low security cells at first then until he hurts the guards.

Seems like the warden could have just put him up there to begin with and save his men from harm

I assume they would have moved him there eventually, The guard who was doing the paperwork seemed to have been somewhat legit so I assume some of the prison was still being run legitimately. Since Brad didn't know his mission was a lie at this point he was still driven to get to 99.

Yeah I guess it can be explained away as the warden being careful as fuck and smart

are you fucking stupid?

Are you?
You're saying neither of those two scenarios are true? Fucking retard.

If you dont want to discuss films, go back to /r/Sup Forums You have nothing to offer this thread

When he degloved that guy's face I wanted to throw up. Fuck that was brutal.

I thought that final scene was much more graphic

This and the scene where he caves the guys jaw in were pretty gruesome, even though they were obviously fake. Practical effects always come off as being way more brutal

OOH NO NO NO ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That scene was fine. My biggest complaint about this movie would be making the very final scene that lame prop. It looked fine from the back when he was shot.

Wonder why he lingered on that shot.
Its almost like a giant fuck you to the watcher

What a sad little faggot you are. you have no thoughts of your own, just regurgitating memes and shitposts to fit in. Pathetic.

Come correct or you're getting raped

My biggest issue with the jaw effect was I would have expected there to be more blood

Yeah it seemed like they forgot to fill the entire skull with blood, I dont get it

I enjoyed it. my girlfriend wanted to vomit at some scenes.

But was she aroused afterwards? I know I was.

well no. but I did tell her to "talk correct or get raped." she laughed, we plowed. good times.

>joking like that in 2017

enjoy prison

(OP)
>hoooooo boy you're in for a time, see this here cell, wellsir, instead of concrete the floor is made of.... BROKEN GLASS!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking cartoon-tier trash movie

You're telling me the movie wasn't real?
WHAT THE FUCK?

movie was frustratingly dumb and the sfx weren't impressive or innovative. It was a bummer after Bone Tomahawk was so insanely good.

>implying the throat-whistle indians werent cheesy

Just watched it.

Sup Forums overhyped it.

that was cool as shit
sound never felt it was in the world though

>sound never felt it was in the world though
I agree

they were cheesy in a way that worked though. And it was a novel concept that fucked with my head. And their female brood sows without limbs and eyes was nightmare fuel. Cell Block 99 was
>overly long first act, took forever to get going
>annoyingly slow and awkward shootout with cops
>first prison was set up so much to ultimately be discarded for cartoon prison
>Everyone acting like skinnyfat lanklet Vince Vaughn is some strong badass
>Vince Vaughn fighting like gay frankenstein
>He gets tried and sentenced before his fucking hands and feet heal because MUH JESUS SYMBOLISM
>way too much of the fights were the actors waiting for their choreography to catch up
>the entire premise (havign to kill an innocent man to save his wife) was discarded without any fanfare in a way that threw away the previous 20 minutes of the movie
etc. There was a lot that could have worked and it would have been fine if the movie went full blown cheese, but it spends so long doddling with the "Vince Vaughn's life is a country western song" semi-realism in the first half that it burned my patience for when the schlock finally kicked into gear. It was like an unfinished cut of an ok grindhouse movie that didn't really nail anything all that well.

And it was annoying how it was essentially the same plot as BH (having to save muh pregnant wife) but in such a contrived and ridiculous way. BH worked having the tone and genre slowly shift from a slow western to a wtf monster movie, but they tried doing the exact same thing with 99 when they shouldn't have.

It's funny, because if you look at the director's IMDB page he doesn't seem to be a Carpenter fan at all.

why?

i thought it was kinda enjoyable, but with the rate these threads are popping up i honestly think its getting shilled

all the recent threads are from the torrent coming out

seriously this is one of the first times I've thought there may actually be some mid-level marketing exec with the bright idea to shill threads for this every day. Like obviously this is a demo that the movie appeals to it's the kind of thing that isn't hurt by being associated with a place like Sup Forums. Plenty of marketers and messaging strategists have figured out how Sup Forums can be utilized for free and easy marketing if it gets trending here or whatever. Like I can't imagine someone actually just LIKING the movie enough to constantly shill it like this if they're not working.

>i can't imagine someone liking the movie and wanting to talk discuss it in a thread on Sup Forums

Paranoid delusions nigger, I made this thread because I watched the torrent last night

Prove it faget

I dont see anything on the IMDB page about carpenter.

I saw in an interview though he calls carpenter a "genre" director but also says he is flattered to be compared to him

Maybe its one of those cases where he knows hes jacking John Carpenters style but doesnt want people to just think hes a ripoff

this is my post from the thread last night, if you compare it to this OP its basically word for word the same shit

>89314481
>

wait I thought you were supposed to be arguing that you weren't a shill? Proving that you stick to the same script every day doesn't do that.

I didn't make that thread...
Are you saying I should change my opinions every day?

Sorry I'm not fake bro

Why was Roman so cheesy?

>Y'all ready for 9/11 Part 2?

>brawl in cell block 99
>assault on precinct 13
not carpenter influenced my ass

the director overhyped it. I guarantee you he is here pushing this movie.

Not him but you're stupid for thinking it was anything other than a trap.
>trusting spic gangsters

why is he looking right at him? he doesnt want him to be alone in his suffering?

yeah he's telling him they're going to avenge his death while he's getting killed. That help is on the way and he won't have died in vain or whatever. Bit profound tbphwyf.

Pretty much. He tells him the cavalry is coming and he'll be avenged.

>hires a main character with the last name carpenter

the moment he threw a grenade towards vince in the water and said a one liner and continue fighting the police is when I was like, damn this dude is like a video game boss (not meaning that in a bad way either)

Yeah, I feel like the movie was somewhat conflicted in its tone, the first half in the fridge felt like it was going to be a more serious movie but the final part of the movie went for a very over the top action movie feel

>Romans goofy dialogue
>the typical "Kung Fu Asian Henchman" fight

I enjoyed it immensely regardless, really happy it was made.

That dungeon prison actually seemed comfy, its like serving your time in a medieval castle prison or some shit

>white
>shaved head

not gonna watch lol

>cooking cutter

Zahler is officially /ourlad/. Nu males gonna mass suicide when Dragged Across Concrete drops

Typo's are a diamond dozen

I dunno, he kind of invokes John Carpenter then pretends to not even think twice about john carpenter. thats kinda lame.

I liked it. I enjoy the prison genre in general and I didn't really feel the first prison, black dude shrugging off an exposed bone seemed a little over the top but otherwise passable. I didn't expect practical effects gore so they worked well for me. I enjoyed the ending, I wasn't sure what I was expecting after the floor toilet curb stomp. All the acting besides protag seemed a little stiff, but in such a uniform way I guess it qualifies as "style". Credits music was good.

>cooking cutter

its lazy writing
you can criticize a film you like

>trending
go back

Who was the guy he was supposed to kill or was it just a lie? He got himself locked in the worst part of prison but then meets that mexican dude and his cronies.

>not getting the plot
>not reading the thread

I just looked it up

Holy shit this sounds like it's gonna be Kino

Is this what american prisons are really like? Dungeons with broken glass everywhere?