I was reading JL vs SS and I thought ... who's the real Lobo?

I was reading JL vs SS and I thought ... who's the real Lobo?

This skinny one killed the "old", but in the crossover we have that Lobo with the classic look. Does anyone know what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/88292307
cbr.com/exclusive-lobo-meets-faux-bo-in-new-ongoing-by-bunn-brown/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Story trumps continuity.

Why?

After the skinny one killed the old one he BECAME the old one. It's a cycle.

I assume the skinny one didn't kill him good enough. We see the skinny one again in Hal Jordan a couple weeks ago as well. He's still being captive by Larfleeze. I guess that's how they're writing him off until they wanna use him again

>Does anyone know what happened?

The way Rebirth continuity works is "The stuff that happened in the Nu52 happened but you're supposed to ignore it anyway because it's all lies caused by Dr. Manhattan chopping moments out of history like a sloppy movie editor.

Or rather,
>Fuck guys people aint buying the Nubo bullshit!
>Well turn him into the old one, I dont know!
And lets all pretend Nubo didnt happen, or killing the old one.

Cause having to stay in line with 50 years with of shit writing is a retarded.

He didn't fully became the old one tho

Then who this?

We don't really know. New Lobo had been getting wilder in his last couple of appearances, but the Lobo in JL vs SS seems straight out like classic Lobo. They haven't given an explanation yet regarding his identity in relation to those past appearances (old Lobo revived or new Lobo just became identical to old Lobo).

He was going feral

I think skinny lobo was from earth 2.

Wouldnt it be funny if old Lobo's blood got inside a wound of Nubo during their fight and old Lobo has been slowly taking over? IIRC Lobo has been able to revive from blood alone. Though of course during those circumstances he wasnt fragged by another member of his species

Slobo

The Rebirthforce happened

so there are two lobos

Old lobo Also started gay

The lobo that appeared in Suicide Squad is 100% the old lobo in terms of looks, facial marks, the Simon Bisley design and everything

He DOES look exactly like the kind of guy you'd find in a gay bar. Lobo leather daddy.

you mean the Omega Man yellow and purple Lobo?

leather lobo came later, lobo started like this

then he changed in L.E.G.I.O.N.

I kinda miss 80s Lobo
Especially when he was with Guy

and finally Simon Bisley made the most popular Lobo design in The last Czarnian miniseries, is particularly funny there because in the first couple of pages lobo looks closer to this but as the series goes on he becomes this

Really?

Everyone hated the new lobo so they just pretend it didn't happen.

No, fuck no. That way's cancer. Writers would simply take is as an opportunity to make him another Memepool with two internal voices.

>tfw no buddy cop Lobo comic

I could possibly get behind this idea.

Well in my mind he'd completely rewrite nubo but yeah fuck that possibility

I remember when people were trying to pull the whole "Well, maybe Nubo is suppose to be a parody of wirey pretty boy action heroes like Tom Cruise and Matt Damon, like how old Lobo was a parody of 80s thick muscled action heroes" theory to justify Nubo's existence.

The bargaining was so beautiful

desuarchive.org/co/thread/88292307

i would rather get a retold of the lobo clone story from his "the losers" story arc in his old ongoin or change that the both lobos are being hunted by a bounty hunter who is tougher than the both of them and forced to work together only to reveal that the hunter is actually per reboot Lobo who somehow escaped the flashpoint/dr.manhattan influence and forces the two new lobos to fight and the survivors becomes the new Slobo.

>
Source? Curious what happens in the next panel.

N52 Batman/Superman #29

>wolverine claws
lol

Batarangs, user

Give it a good writer and artist and I would actually read this.

cbr.com/exclusive-lobo-meets-faux-bo-in-new-ongoing-by-bunn-brown/

>One of my earliest pitches for the series featured both Lobos in an odd couple/buddy cop misadventure across the universe. It was sort of a “Simon & Simon” story featuring the Lobo brothers. In the end, that didn’t fly. And as much fun as I think that might have been, it’s probably for the best.

What the fuck went wrong?

Thanks!

I actually thought that the finger was going to be pressed into Batman's chest/shoulder but he wasn't flinching, and then Lobo would be all "Bu-bu-but that's impossible! No one's that TOUGH!" and then Batman would knock him out with a single punch.

Then it would pan out to the writer jerkin' off, then pan out again to Batfans jerkin' off.

Guess I don't have

Can someone explain to me who's the Lobo in the Suicide Squad vs Justice league book, the Nubo or Oldbo? Did Nubo finally changed completly into the main man or they just scrap him and bring the old one back

It's Oldbo

for a while people thought Nubo just slowly turned into resembling Oldbo a lot more but now apparently Amanda Waller had Oldbo locked up somehow (?) while Brainiac/Larfleeze has Nubo collected (see )

As a writer, I'd have no interest in maintaining elements of continuity developed by some other schmuck just for the sake of it, and I wouldn't expect any writers after me to do the same.

Honestly, every writer's take might as well be approached as a separate continuity. Other details are only 'canon' when referenced.

Because autists are a minority

>Guess I don't have
What?

Oops! My bad. I meant 'Guess I don't have much faith left in the Bat community'.

Ah, I see
I must agree, most of the Batfans are annoying fucks

He means story trumps canon.

Character continuity matters to at least some degree, but tailoring your story to fit with the times and dates of hundreds of other writers and changing story elements just because you perceive inconsistency between writers is just stupid.

>Does anyone know what happened?

No, and that includes DC editorial.

I'm pretty sure him killing classic Bo was a dream in the first issue and they never actually met face to face during the course of the shitty nubo series.

>Old lobo Also started gay

And then he fucked Bodikka.

You mean Dark Claws.

I seriously hope they bring him backto his routes as the venom to superman's spiderman(blah blah blah fuck bizarro hes a parody not a complimentary advisary) and he's in fact the Lobo from pre52 who survived flashpoint and killed nubo.

>backto his routes as the venom to superman's spiderman(blah blah blah fuck bizarro hes a parody not a complimentary advisary)
that isn't Lobo's roots at all, what on earth are you talking about? He isn't a Superman villain

That wasn't fans trying to justify shit, that was the creator trying to justify ruining a character.

His origins and power(to a lesser extent, epecially now) were a direct corruption of Superman's.
>Last of his race, only he killed them all
>Czarnians were pretty much black metal kryptonians but it didn't matter what sun theywere under
>Instead of bouncing bullets off his eye he just heals and spits it out
>No Kryptonite though, so technically more OP
Also maybe he wasn't a villain originally but I grew up with the Timmverse cartoons and he's definitely a Superman rogue in that.

If that's the case why write about a preexisting character at all?
If you want to tell an original story why not start with an original character?

Couldn't New-52 Lobo just be a re-grown part of real Lobo? I'm sure something similar happened pre-52 with Lil Lobo or something.

Doxx made a fucking army of Lobo blood clones in L.E.G.I.O.N. once, then had them all fight to the death after, which they did with glee. It resulted in him losing some regeneration for a time because.
It never actually explained how Lobo did it, again, though I'm sure Doxx II took notes.
My theory is strangulation resulting in blood loss to the brain, one comic(can't remember which) has a flashback frame to him doing the deed and it shows him choking anther Czarnian out.

Because some people can't tell the difference between writing fanfic and being pro-writers.

big czarnian cock?

also remember Czarnians were saints with no interest in war and had completely expelled evil from their society, Lobo was an anomaly that was violent and chaotic since birth.
1/2

2/2