AMC higher ups are PISSED!

Without going into too much detail I work in SMP for AMC, specifically on a few of the shows including The Walking Dead (not fear though).
And the higher ups are PISSED about the lack of viewers for the latest season premiere. They expected a drop-off in online presence, but the drop we are showing are ridiculous. Exact numbers are hard to get but we are looking at between 40 - 60 % fewer viewers compared to last season. Most people it seems didn't even know the new season had started airing yet.
So... yeah, AMA, but keep in mindI know NOTHING about the season or spoilers, I am just part of the team monitoring viewers / engagement.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wzshC7D9AoY
youtube.com/watch?v=044uTpj0fuQ
imdb.com/title/tt6156390/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>higher ups are PISSED

out of touch executives that sign off on shit and dont actually do any work are upset that the situation isnt what they expected?
shocking
ive never worked in the entertainment industry but I knew this firsthand
maybe they should look into why the show is such dogshit instead of just replacing cogs

Because it got boring. Plus didn't one of the head guys leave?

Only Negan is worth watching even then it's dogshit.

Normalfags hate Negan and only enjoy episodes where characters walk around in the woods for 45 minutes.

How did they kill it? Cause it was so bad, for so long, how did it get worser bad?

I would be completely okay with the TV show ending with Rick jailing Negan giving symbolic hope that law and order can be restored to the world. I really don't see The Whisperers working all that well in television especially on a network like AMC.

is it part of your job to talk about this on internet forums?
seems pretty unprofessional, my man

I honestly think this show is starting to enter a very possible reality where it could potentially be pulled.

You dumb bitches did this last year too. Spent NO time at all advertising its return and then everyone had to find out it had aired the next day from plebs talking about it. Fuck yourselves, you want everyone to advertise it for free via word of mouth. Fucked up what could have been a quality pinball title with your obsessive licensing concerns. Eat a dick. Only Lyman's ownership of that sad machine saved its code. You had to go and destroy what was already ready. Bunch of bitches.

Are the jews really vampires?

do you mind doing a small favor and killing all those executives for me so shit like the walking dead stops being made? kthx

We already knew that was coming when they announced they already have the next TEN SEASONS planned out. Have no fears, we've got stories for years like…Rick becomes a robot…and something happens, doo doo doo doo doo

I wonder if running Fear between season of TWD is doing this. There is no break, no time for people to miss the series, episodes accumulating on the dvr. People could still have some episode of Fear they need to get around to watching.

Show is boring. Every season is the same thing. The stakes haven't gotten bigger, the world hasn't expanded, nothing has changed in the show.

Rick kind of becomes a robot in the comics if you count his fake arm

I really hope we see some good world building once they get to Ohio in the comics since all we've seen so far are Atlanta, Washington and Pittsburgh. There was more of a focus on horror and survival which was pretty understandable but I'm actually enjoying the whole rebuilding of society arc.

Trevor is the only reason to watch and he literally gets no air time

If anything you claim is true OP
Honestly, I got bored
Tired of the same pointless crap
>who dies next
meh
>le edgy "humans are monsters" topic
Eventually, it gets old
Too many edgy cunts and I don't even give a crap about who dies next they're all doomed and that's the core of the thing
The show is going nowhere
There is no cure, no promised land, no salvation, no safe haven, only more edgy faggots until everyone is dead
It has no direction.
>New group of faggots threatens the group
>Somebody dies
>Faggets get beaten
>feel safe for a few episodes
>Rinse and repeat

Kirkman should just bring in the aliens

normies will blame it on negan (even though he literally saved this dogshit show) but the truth is this should have ended by now.

Why did Rick quote Islam and the Quran. Probably not do shit like that to have viewers stay.

Neganetty never drew a dime.

lazy writers will kill a show EVERY TIME

i'm glad people are starting to drop this piece of shit

Does this mean those asshats will end that piece of garbage

one can only go along with so many improbabilities, after a while the audience will want a resolution.
plus they fucked themselves up by staying in the same location for like what 4 seasons now?
You're asking a predominantly urban audience to enjoy looking at trees for 6.5 seasons?
We.....
Are.......
BORED.

>Consider just how long The Walking Dead has spent on this accursed Negan storyline — most of the sixth season, all of the seventh, and now at least part of the eighth. And then consider how little sense Negan’s character makes within the context of television; on the show, he’s played charismatically by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, in a way that only serves to underline how he’s just one dude, not the supernatural entity he could seem to be in the source comics (where I already didn’t like him). But the show bet heavily that what viewers wanted, most of all, was to see Negan lay waste to several regular characters, to say nothing of the self-confidence possessed by those whose lives were spared.

>And thus season eight begins with an episode about the opening salvo in the war against Negan, an episode that seems to go out of its way to obscure the characters’ plans for waging said war. It gets around to more or less explaining them eventually, but for too long it leaves us furrowing our brows, because the only way The Walking Dead knows how to tell stories anymore is to pointlessly extend them, decompress them to the point where what would have been single scenes in earlier seasons now fill entire episodes, and then jostle the timeline for no particular reason. The concluding “inspirational” speech from Rick mostly made me say, “Wait, why is this happening now?”

>This season Carl gets his first period.

LARP
LARP
LARP
LARP
LARP
LARP

>Exact numbers are hard to get

They're literally not because they're published every week you lying LARPer.

They're surprised the garbage they've been shitting out is harming their ratings? My god, how could we have known???

You could literally only watch the season’s premiere and finale and not miss a thing.

Plus you wouldn’t feel cheated for watching all the fillers for 8 mouths.

I agree with this. While it may be that life in a world like that would be an endless struggle without any guarantee of things getting better, it's not something people want to watch. There's enough dystopia. Shows are interesting as things build, I would've loved to see that jail thing turn into a real society.

I haven't read the comics (I'm over 21) so I don't know how much dumb shit carries on from the comic to the tv show, but I'm kinda annoyed they didn't have any kind of failsafe for people turning into zombies. It's just dumb.

Is it too much asked to get a TV show where they start to rebuild a better world after an abnormal disaster? I guess yes, they would ruin it by inserting dumb women characters to it to create unnecessary drama.

The way she pulls the trigger rapidly with no recoil makes it look like she's firing a water gun.

>I really don't see The Whisperers working all that well in television

Why not?

>Why not?
Aren't they just a bunch of edgelord rapists?

i seen the same actors in the this show in other show actually do a better job acting, why can't they act for shit in this? why is rick always drench in sweat? is there only 1 weather season in atlanta? pls fix this or cancel it

>why can't they act for shit in this
Laurence Olivier couldn't make "Are you wearing your shitting pants" work. Write lazy scripts, get lazy acting.

very sweaty amc exec.gif

The show has gotten stale.
>find a place to settle down
>oh shit a boogeyman
>someone dies
>Kill said boogeyman
>things settle down
>oh fuck new boogeyman
>oh look the occasional zombie
>repeat

The early seasons were good because they were on the move, the variety of people and places were better. Now it's just boring. Yet I'm still watching for some stupid reason, probably because of the time I've already invested. It's getting harder to watch, I already dropped FTWD because it sucks, and now there is talk of them crossing the shows over which will make it even worse.

Were there any threads for the premier last night? I couldn't find any threads when FtWD was airing and now there's barely any for this. Is it finally dead fellas? I don't want to have to go to reddit for episode discussion ;_;

Hey OP are you there?

If you are can you just tell the people in charge the people who are running the show are hacks. I mean the casting is terrible. The nu-characters are cringy. And the episodes almost never feel like they are resolving anything.

The season premier was some of the worst garbage i have ever seen. Its like the people who put the show together dont care at all. Like they literally dont give a shit.

Negan was right there in front of a firing squad and..... he wasnt shot on sight.

Its retarded and the writers should be fired.

ALSO

Who the fuck is in charge of the firearms? pic related. After the "raid" on that one outpost where they used real guns and blanks i thought the show was improving but what the fuck happened?

lol i dropped that show after season 2

nice quints

>1 guy hiding behind a car
>the entire group magdumps hundreds of rounds into the surrounding walls like 10ft above the car missing completely

10/10

This show sucks dick

fear the walking dead had a good start to season 3 but it shit it all away with the native indians storyline. it is still funny how they all brush away the fact that he was playing army and killing strangers just to see how long they turn.

This was the moment I realized this is the most retarded show on television

youtube.com/watch?v=wzshC7D9AoY

I told my wife that TWD started back up last night, she abruptly told me that she was done with that show now and didn't feel like watching it. She had never discussed not watching the show anymore before last night either.

That's when I knew AMC was going to see a huge nose dive in viewership this year. Serves them right. Those first two seasons were amazing and it's such a shame it has never been the same.

oh shit nice. I got pents once that was dope

>We don't want to kill anyone but Negan
>*sets ISIS traps in the road and lays waste to a building likely protecting innocent women and children*
Atta boy, Rick. This show either needs better writing or a character to point out how retarded these plans and speeches are.

happy wife happy life
god bless your family

They had a chance to show the world fall apart after the outbreak and they chose to do The Walking Dead: Mexico, with less likable characters.

Anyone catch the "M'ask you something Rick" reference? Is Negan /ourguy/?

there really isnt anything wrong with that formula at all. The problem is the writers are so bad that it makes watching the show a chore. Like I wanted to turn that shit off last night because i knew there would be nothing interesting but held out in case of suprises. There was nothing interesting.

Imagine the TWD today with based Merle

how bout a crazy wedding?

ya that was a huge mistake. that character was amazing

I'm not sure what changed, but my wife now hates it as well.

FTWD is so much better now theres no reason to even watch the main series. Seriously the last two seasons of fear have been better than 90% of TWD

>Rick becomes a robot…and something happens, doo doo doo doo doo
this sounds like kino
I'd love it if we did a 30 year time skip and robot Rick was still alive fighting robot zombies

To me it's the over the top heavy plot armor. I mean for fucks sake, Negan is there exposed and can be picked off in a fraction of a second but manages to dodge 1000 bullets. It's stupid.

It's a shame the gimple is taking over FTWD now.

Like Poot when he finishes off Wallace

>Rick quote Islam and the Quran
when did this happen?

Zombies are overplayed and old as shit.

Fuck zombies, where's my fucking dinosaur show?

What if Rick became a pickle?

He could become Pickle Rick, wubba lubba dub dub!

its beyond plot armor its just dumb writing. They could have done the EXACT same scene with negen yelling from behind a wall or a door.

But they trounce him out to get screen time. Its literally just now becoming a soap opera

Not surprising. Negan's character and killing off Glenn pissed off normies. The bad acting, snail pace plot, and terrible CGI pissed off more serious viewers. In addition I think Normies just want more walker vs human action. Even if the human vs human struggle has always been the underlining theme it was brought front and center with Negan. Now it is just another gang vs gang action show, but with the occasional zombie thrown in. Normies watched the show for zombies.

youtube.com/watch?v=044uTpj0fuQ

This is how it should play out. The villain smugly acts like a dickhead and then you just pull out your gun and shoot them. New Frontier generally sucked but this option was so refreshing.

well the show is fucking boring now.

it's actually been boring-ish for four years now, but people have finally stopped caring.

Last year the whole Negan thing was a minor improvement but it didn't last and wasn't enough for interest to recover.

I will add that I really don't care about Rick's "inspiring" speeches. They aren't epic or cool. They are long winded, boring, and embarrassing to watch. Plus they try to often to do the same thing where they make his speech the book ends of the episode. Just have your episode go in normal chronological order. Jumping around timeframes was fun for one episode. It is just old and stale now and makes watching a chore.

>I really hope we see some good world building
kinda wanna see this happen in spin off series.
imagine what europe would be like, with castles and the insane amount of tunnel networks or hidden ww2/ww1 caches of weapons even.
imagine asian hoards of unfathomable proportions
imagine the suspense/horror of the african or south american ghettos, so tightly packed together.

naw rick from rick n morty is in the sky watching and directing teh world as it's one of his many timelines he likes to use as a means of entertainment

the fuck do you think
fear twd was for?
season premier was epic
can't wait to see negan fucking shit up with helicopters and tanks

>show about zombies
>becomes zombie show

It's the same show with shittier characters. They fucked it up after season one when they went all el walking deado in Mexico 2 electric boogaloo.

This isn't a zombie show anymore

shoulda kept darabont, fags

>It's the same show with shittier characters
Not really. The fact that I don't have to hear a shitty speech about "what we have to do to survive" every episode already makes it infinitely better than the main show

Christopher Walken would slay that line and you know it.

Not an argument.

The worst part of the show is the constant music montages of everyone working together, planting crops, holding hands, giving warm smiles to each other, over gentle guitar music.. like wtf is this? Every fucking episode has this gay ass shit.

Honestly the show is extremely cringey now. I had to pause a few times out of second hand embarrassment. They need to kill of a shit ton of people so instead of using the budget to pay of 25+ people their salaries it could go to the sets and better writers.

Negan's first episode was my last. Season 1 was great, season 2 ground to a halt, it got half way better during the governor arc and then the real rot set in. The hype surrounding the 'who dies' cliffhanger vs how much I literally didn't care, and the idea of suffering through JDMs performance for two years was more than I could handle. I might binge it from the start when it eventually dies.

>Camera panning through the field of the combined armies
>Girl and a guy standing around inspecting their weapons
>"I'm glad your're watching my back (or something equally cliche)"
>"But we just met"
>"We all just met"
These writers should be fucking shot

During the last episode of the last season I was hoping they would wipe out half or more of the cast just to keep it fresh, but the main characters have too much plot armor.

When they were replaying all seasons before the start of S8 I watched a few episodes from the first season over again. It was so much better, clearly Darabont did a superior job as producer and they really fucked up removing him.

People remembered the season 7 finale was a badly written cartoon. I remembered this, and still watched anyway. The premiere was far worse.

>car is going to land on its roof because of it tipping forward and turning
>lands on its wheels just fine and shows no sign of it spinning in mid air

Who approved this and thought it was perfectly fine to include?

I caught it

AMC is nothing without Mad Men, sorry pal. The Walking Dead was never all that great.

I remember a few season ago I would pirate it immediately after it showed on TV.
Then last season I waited a day or two until I though about it.
Now... now I don't even care enough to pirate it...

Yeah. The reason I held on so long was a hope that it would get back to somewhere near that standard. But clinging on through split seasons with shitty cliffhangers and trying to remember badly written plots over the off months killed it. Running through the whole thing when it's done feels like the only way I'm going to be able to see how the story ends in any way enjoyably.

The jumped the shark moment for me was the Glenn hides under the dumpster is he dead or not bullshit that went on. Treating your audience like morons is a sure death for your viewership.

Yeah it's fucking embarrassing shitty acting, shitty script and dialogue, shitty cinematography mix it in and the whole thing is absolute cringefest.

Really?
It wasn't Lori's body disappearing?

Letting Greg Nicotero direct was the worst call they made.
That and keeping Scot Gimple as showrunner after the mess of season 4.

Yeah season 1-3 was the best the downfall is finale of season 3.

It was obvious he wasn't dead, the dude fell directly on top of him.

Maybe it's because the premiere sucked. They keep trying to do these impossible scenarios straight out of the comics on a low budget. The initial war between the survivors and Saviors is badass in the comics.

Last night's was just meh.

Also, were all the flashbacks and shit necessary?

They used a metric fuck ton of explosives to lure in hordes of Walkers when they could've just had Daryl on the bike lure them like last time.

The episode made no sense and they're trying way too hard to stick to the comic exactly. It isn't translating well and it was a pretty weak season opener.

Here's the reviews normies are leaving on the episode.

imdb.com/title/tt6156390/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

It wasn't as bad as a Tara only episode but it was pretty fucking bad.

Exactly, that's why the whole scenario was asinine.