Nobody here actually gets this scene

Joi’s “Joe” comment is the same as K’s horse dream. The entire point isn’t that their love wasn’t real, it’s more of a generalized existential crisis. K is looking for meaning, and eventually finds it by helping Harrison Ford.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-blade-runner-screenwriters-20171009-htmlstory.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The scene is K coming to grips that Joi wasn't real and was literally just saying what he wanted to hear.

Joi was as real as he was, though. How is the joe comment any different than the horse dream?

>Nobody here gets this scene
>restates the meaning that literally everyone here got from it

You must not get the chance to fell smart often, it isn't a hard scene to understand.

>I just wanna be a real boy
>Pinocchio's story goes, I just wanna be a real boy
>Pinocchio's story goes
>And there is no Gepetto, to guide me
>No one, right beside me
>The only one, was behind me
>I can't find her no more, I can't follow no more
>I can't..

that depends on how many other replicants have the horse dream. The Joe comment implies that it was a name that all Joi's are programmed to give instead of being unique to K. So is the horse dream implanted into all, or many, replicants? If so then it is not unique to K and thus it means that there is nothing overly significant or meaningful about K having that memory. However if only K has that dream then that implies that he is unique, especially since it is a real memory.

I’ve been browsing these threads all week, I know what people have been saying about the film. I have yet to see anyone compare it to the wooden horse revelation.

I mean, if it wasn’t his memory, then it almost has to be mass produced, right? The implication in the first film, where Decard is able to tell racheal details about her own dream, is that a replicants dream isn’t unique. The fact that it’s a real memory doesn’t matter. Tyrell’s daughter’s memory was real, and he gives it to racheal, and so many other replicant’s that decard is able to recognize it instantly.

>they still haven't seen the film writer's comments on this scene

kek. keep arguing about it boys. keep arguing about it.

Link?

>The image I had in my head of K, as I wrote in that first little short story, was that this guy is a handbook. He follows the rules. He’s a machine in a way. But the image was this: A handbook turns into a poem through his experiences and his ordeal and love. And the same thing with the digital woman.

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-blade-runner-screenwriters-20171009-htmlstory.html

>be mass-produced cop hitman
>go around killing other mass-produced people
>deep down think I'm meant for more
>get really lonely and buy a robowaifu
>she keeps telling me I'm special
>encounter some evidence that shows someone's special
>even my memories coincide with me being special
>good god I'm special this is so cool/horrible
>want to find pops
>it's drunk comedian harrison ford
>waifu gets fucking killed
>get told I'm not special
>go out into rain hyper depressed
>"SEE whatever you want. HEAR whatever you want"
>"You're a good Joe."
>not the hero of my story
>decide to be the hero of someone else's story
>kill murdering terminatrix in the single best villain death of recent memory

Who's eye was this?

brainlet

YOU'RE A "SPECIAL" JOE.

The girl's

It doesn't matter whose it is; what matters is their plan.

I literally just came back from the cinema after watching this and what a delightful experience it was. The production values were over the fucking top. Never seen something quite like it before.

You must not get the chance to smell fart often. Anyway, what's the point of this scene, fellas?

So that settles it. She was real.

Rachel's

Holy shit that's fucking funny

It doesn't settle it, he's talking about the short story he wrote not the movie.
The movie went trough another writer and a director so..

>I'm sharing a thread with brainlets
Joi was real, she died and K realised that while he could get a new Joi she would never be her. This was mirroref with Deckard and Rachael 2.0.

I would assume that the horse dream is not unique to k, i would bet most blade runner replicants have it as well as it's supposed to help structure and reinforce their personality.

either rachel or memory girl

yeah but it becomes far fetched to believe in a theory that is different to the already established canon

Seems like he’s laying out the major themes for the film with that first story.

But why racheal? Deckard says she has green eyes, but they were brown in the original film, so he was lying... so why open the film with a green eye?

Is it possible that the eye is K’s, and that this symbolizes how he “wakes up” and comes to terms with his existence?

ok, I'm saying the director might have had his vision, the script might have evolved from the short story etc. This doesn't settle it desu

He knew it wasn't the same Rachel

Sure, but then why open the scene with a green eye?

No none of that makes sense.

it's him being sad that hos joi is dead

that's literally it

itt: brainlets trying to overthink shit to sound smart

loves'

Can one of you fine gents please post the "His baseline: way off" meme

Seeing the billboard just pissed him off because he felt like he would never get his own Joi back again. It psyches him up for revenge and he goes to assault Luv and her convoy.

Say no more senpai

Thanks senpai

she was real to him, thats all that matters