What does Sup Forums think of one of the greatest independent sci-fi thrillers of all time?

What does Sup Forums think of one of the greatest independent sci-fi thrillers of all time?

>Black ruins everything: the movie
noggin

>the director of this gem also directed Splice

what the fuck happened

I think the reason behind how the Cube was created is stupid and anything past part 1 is stupid.

loved it, sequels are a let down

his other film called Nothing was pretty goofy too.

watched it again on saturday. pretty gud time.
>cube represents society
>niggers are dangerous and useless in society
really made me thin

What are some other movies that feature a small cast in a single, confined space?

They never reveal how or why it was created.

Is this like the Saw films?

One of the few horror films that I actually like. Shit like "Saw" is an absolute bore compared to Cube.

Now that I think about it, it reminds me a lot of "Dark City". It would make sense that aliens are behind it all.

Buried
Hateful Eight
12 Angry Men
10 Cloverfield Lane
The Witch

I really like this type of movie, other anons should suggest more.

>retard survives

literally what the fuck did cube mean by this

the overarching theme of absurdism. The only people who will even get to view the truth, metanarrative or whatever won't even be able to understand it.

He started out civilized but reverted to his feral state.

Buried works hard on my fear of being buried. I'm amazed I sat through that whole thing, it almost made me sick.

in that a bunch of people attempt to escape a series of creative traps, sure.

I mean, 12 Angry Men is pretty famous for that, but you probably already knew that.
Circle (2015) is an okay flick that fits your requirements.

and so the cube is life

it got more literal in the third one if i remember correctly

assuming you mean like claustrophobia inducing movies

127 hours?

Does Phone Booth count?

>that time warping, zero gravity sex scene where they fuck each other to death in cube 2

what actually the fuck

sure, you can look at the cube as some broad things like life or meaning. It was also the pointless project of a bunch of working professionals who didn't know the purpose of the parts and presumed there was an underlying purpose to the whole. This assumption is kind of challenged and is meant to reflect real life busyworks or endeavours that are significant exertions but might exist on some false pretext of significance.

First one was a lot of fun, the sequels are shit.

I HATE POLICIES

the cube can be seen as life or society. People busying themselves moving through. When they realize if they just waited and were patient for the bridge to come would lead the way to enlightenment.

beyond a vaguely similar setting, not really

What are some other movies with a bizarre uneasy setting and gnarly deaths?

that's a positive reading. I see it more as saying that their struggles were pointless. They had no way of knowing what the right actions led to freedom, and anything they did could have been equally wrong.

Black cop started out useful in that he fit the role of order and authority that's needed in the beginning of any chaotic or stressful situation.
The writers turned him into an asshole at the end. That's on them.

also Locke

cube > cube 0 >>>>> cube 2

i fucking love Cube. Wish more movies had this much understanding of atmosphere. Any suggestions to good thrillers btw?

>wait, this room... it's shape... I've seen it before...
>It's like some sort of Cube(tm)
jesus, really?

sure, any day now a wife and house will fall into my lap if i just sit and wait!

So are they trying to get out of society?

i think this movie was hard on the edges and wasnt very well rounded
plus by the end it didnt come full circle

Geometry jokes, the patrician’s humor.

The best film ever made: Rope

HOLY FUCK OP! YOU HAVE NETFLIX TOO?!

If you were here I'd fuck you.

Awesome production. Honestly I would love to see some enterprising young producer tackle this for the stage. Not too many horror plays. Or psychological thrillers or whatever.

Didn't they explain it in cube 2 or cube zero? I recall some dude explaining it was some military organiziation that had become headless and was just being used as a moneysink. They weren't making them for any reason in particular, just so the organizarion can survive to keep on making cubes to keep on surviving. I'm fucking positive they covered this in one of them.

Dial m for murder

Wtf is cube zero?

Going to go check it out. Cube was maybe my first indie movie aside from gummo. Brb

The main problem with the others is that they have a lead who does basically everything instead of a group who contributes and conflicts on several different things. The girl can do math, Kazan can compute instantly, Worth had the dimensions, doctor to help them so on. But then in a sequels it's all, "damn, what a stunning and smart blonde woman, I hope she saves us all".

So, he dindu. I'm joking

someone post webums

>needing a wife and house for enlightenment
Someone's taking the Rennes option.

Exam

>Cube
Bad black cop
>Cube 2
Bad detective
>Cube Zero
Bad black guy (technically had an excuse, but he still served as chase memeber)

I think the message is to avoid both investigators and blacks.