Production officially resumed after the end of the strike, with regularly airing episodes recommencing on February 17...

>Production officially resumed after the end of the strike, with regularly airing episodes recommencing on February 17, 2008. According to MacFarlane, in 2009, it costs about $2 million to make an episode of Family Guy.
>According to Masamune Sakaki, a CG creator in the anime industry, an average 13-episode anime season costs around 250 million yen (or $2 million).

What the fuck? You could make an entire season of anime with a cartoon episode of money.

It takes 2 million dollars at average to make pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/dreamworks-animation-makes-list-best-companies-work-5th-year-running-73461/
techland.time.com/2010/04/02/pixar-awe/
cartoonbrew.com/law/judge-rules-disney-pixar-dreamworks-sony-and-other-studios-cant-evade-wage-fixing-lawsuit-118129.html
thewaltdisneycompany.com/disneys-fiscal-full-year-and-q4-2015-earnings-results-webcast/
the-numbers.com/movie/records/worldwide/2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Japs work for cheap, you should know this by now, OP.

Anime isnt popular OP
Accept it
Anime is shit

SLAVE LABOUR
L
A
V
E

L
A
B
O
U
R

But something like family guy looks like it costed about ten thousand dollars at most.

Most of the money disappears

Marketing, licensing and high-profile voice actors. Yes, you have to shell out 75K for thirteen seconds of a pop song.

>>Production officially resumed after the end of the strike

What strike?

That's because people here in the animation field can get 50k or more if they are working for the right people and position. Plus studios get competive to have certain workers which why there have lavish benefits in movies where the big money is.
thewrap.com/dreamworks-animation-makes-list-best-companies-work-5th-year-running-73461/

techland.time.com/2010/04/02/pixar-awe/

On the flip side this why there was a trust to keep employees

cartoonbrew.com/law/judge-rules-disney-pixar-dreamworks-sony-and-other-studios-cant-evade-wage-fixing-lawsuit-118129.html

I don't think tv is going be to different if your show is super big

In Japan unless your really high up, you practically paid peanuts.

>anime isn't popular
>The anime market for the United States was worth approximately $2.74 billion in 2009.[91]

Why pretend to be stupid on the Internet, user?

2.74 Billion isn't a lot in American standards, especially in television. Thats of TRILLIONS of dollars m8.
Accept it. Anime isnt popular. Anime is shit.

Nice bandwagon you got there

the 2007 writers strike

>goes to Sup Forums
>makes anime vs western animation thread
>told the truth about anime
>"b-bandwagon"
OP or not, did you not expect this to happen?

>Netflix revenue in 2015: $6.78B
>anime market revenue in 2015: $18.1B

>anime isn't popular

I'm not gonna bother responding anymore because now I know for sure you're a mouthbreather, but yeah, check your facts before spewing shit, retard

>whole anme market
>one of dozens of tv services

Netflix doesnt have toys, posters, and games.

>Trillions of dollars

The entire information industry in US didn't even break a trillion in terms of GDP in 2015.

It's definitely a lot bigger than anime, but a trillion is a shitton of money.

Disney on its own is worth 150 billion.
American television is also worth more in howw they control and distribute information, making them worth much more than their stock value suggests.
Come back to me when anime can topple world governments.

Are you fucking retarded? Anime is more popular than ever. Just look at the site you're posting on.

Reminder that One Punch Man was made with less money than the utter shit that is family guy

Nice samefagging, retard, you got debunked, the truth is right below your mouth-breathing comment

In yet they are capable of producing shows with better animation with half the budget.

Something is wrong about this picture.

Oh, you're being retarded on purpose

Truth is anime is shit

Did you know that the website you're posting on was originally intended for anime discussion?

Atleast i got (you)s

>this anally ravaged he got btfo
stop im gonna bust a gut

>Something is wrong about this picture.

Yeah, it's called underpaid Japs.

First of all where did you get the $150 billion figure for disney?

Wikipedia list its total assets at around $90 billion, which it got from disney's 2015 q4 earnings report here: thewaltdisneycompany.com/disneys-fiscal-full-year-and-q4-2015-earnings-results-webcast/

And anyways that's assets. I was talking GDP, as in measurement of goods/services produced in the year.

And again I'm not saying American media isn't fucking huge, I know it is. Anime is tiny comparatively. I'm just saying a trillion dollars is really fucking huge.

money is going to the voice actors not the animators

Anime is still shit

Not him but that isn't a great defense. Sup Forums is shit

You guys gotta factor in the Voice Actors, here. Family guy has some decently expensive people voicing regular characters.

Mila Kunis is voicing Meg, for instance, and while she's never exactly been A-list she has jumped up a couple ranks since the show started.

>Sup Forums is now anime
OK

the entire anime market is less than what the top 3 movies of 2016 made.

IP licensing, if Family Guy wanted to use Looney Tunes characters they had to pay Warner Bros for the characters, same for other companies with their IPs.
2600 yen a hour is not cheap.
Even with the studios that only pay $900 a month it's still not slave labor.
Which is why you make your own music.
Not all studios are like this.
You do know that Your Name was one of those movies, right?

>IP licensing
Surely that has to be last ditch, they law favours parody.
All the money is going to VAs (Seth), then the showrunner (also Seth), then the writers, then the American production crew who hires the Corean inbetweeners to get shows out on time and under cost.

This is why Cartoons are superior to Anime kids. The Mountains of monies being shelled out for professionalism.

She also wasn't the voice of Meg when the show started, but I'm being pedantic.

Nope, IP licensing costs money and hence they pay a arm and a leg to pay off companies like Warner Bros and Disney to use their IPs.

The crew's pay checks are a fraction of what The Simpsons' VAs cost, unless they get someone like James Woods or someone like that.

It's been 10 years since that event happened

>tfw

>You do know that Your Name was one of those movies, right?

Except it wasn't at all:

the-numbers.com/movie/records/worldwide/2016

people in the anime industry also regularly complain about the terrible treatment animators, voice actors, and writers are given, making pennies on the dollar.

Because working in Japan means adhering to schedule's like this:
Schedule
6:00~9:00: Sleep
9:00~13:00: Work
13:00~14:00: Lunch
14:00~23:00: Work
23:00~24:00: Dinner/Bath
24:00~30:00: Work
To make half-a-living. And that's fucking Kishimoto of the Naruto cashcow.
Additionally, according to Sup Forums itself, western animation is more fluid in an "Everything should be moving if it can" sort of way. Think of all those scenes in anime where people just stand across from each other and talk, nothing else really moving but lipflaps that barely match what they're saying. It's called limited animation for a reason.

>You do know that Your Name was one of those movies, right?

Maybe in Asia, big fucking shocker. By global totals? No way son

/discussion

>2 million dollars at average to make pic related
That animation is pretty good.

user, that was seven years ago. nobody denies that it was super popular at a certain point. but now, not so much

You know you're shitting yourself if pic related looks like it cost 2 millions.

Hell, old shits like Popeye looks miles better than that.

>Anime
>Better animation
kek

>modern cartoon
>good animation

Let's not go there

Yes, but it turns out the site grew and now has many non-anime sections.

Seth's salary post-strike is $25 million per season and he takes in 30% of the merchandising profits. That's where your costs all are.

Pre-cancellation Family Guy was made for $25k an episode.

Due to union rules, staff and crew get a pay raise for each new season. That's how these shows end up so expensive.

>not
SRAVE RABOR
R
A
V
E

R
A
B
O
R

1 job

prove it nerd.

>tfw Conan was the funniest he's ever been during that strike
None of his writers should have had jobs when they came back.

I feel like the suits could exploit that by making ludicrously long seasons.

99% of that money is going to the voice actors.

That's basically how it works in anime as well, the actual animators get peanuts compared to big name VA's, and I imagine family guy's cast are probably as bitchy with their salary as the big bang theory cast.

> it costs about $2 million to make an episode of Family Guy.

Nope, IP licensing, see

>shallow and pedantic
ftfy

won't that just fall on fair use because of its parodic nature? Where exactly are you getting your source?

Giving yourself a (You) doesn't make you right.

Nope, they had to pay Warner Bros to use Wile E. Coyote and Fred Flintstone.