The average viewer failed to understand a Godzilla movie

>the average viewer failed to understand a Godzilla movie

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HUpfwXKVkPVmRCS3VjRTdCVjQ
youtu.be/pYwAbBI0r5o
youtu.be/ih-vgz5iJNw?list=PLxI2Q0ouLP6cW-_u3JHNLcIpm6AJLGgs8
youtube.com/watch?v=h0DayCP5Q60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He had such a limited US release though, can you really say that?

godzilla = the US
Japan = Japan

simple

Enough people from that small sample seem to have difficulties piecing it together. Either their interpretation is horribly wrong or they resort to attacking the most superficial aspects.

Why do we keep making godzilla threads? Anything that could be said has been said. Stop making them until the new movie comes out.

>Stop making them until the new movie comes out.
>but it's ok for GOT and Who to have 24/7/365 circlejerks every year
Feel free to leave the thread any time, newfriend

Godzilla is sympathetic despite being a monster.

Shit, meant to post that as a stand alone post. But it actually makes a decent reaction image.

How is there nothing to talk about? There are over 30 Godzilla movies. There are less ten Star Wars or Alien or Terminator movies. Those franchises get regular threads.

To be fair, Funimation is fucking retarded and cut 20 minutes of film that dealt more with the political aspect of the whole thing.

I really love this design for how sinister he looks, and yet despite that still walks off into the sunset with his kid in tow.

wasn't the cut version from some hotel on-demand service or something, not the bd

this is why i still havent watched it yet. I dont know which to download or stream. I don't want a watered down version, I want full blown bureaucratic political apocalypse giant monster drama

anything sourced from the bd won't have any cuts, theres a remux on nyaa and probably various encodes on other public trackers

I'm not sure about the bd, but the version they distributed to theatres was cut.
The version on nyaa was the uncut one, you are looking for a 2 hour movie.

>the version they distributed to theatres was cut
got a source on that?

>The version on nyaa was the uncut one, you are looking for a 2 hour movie

Are there decent subtitles though? I remember there being some issue with subtitles as well.

What about this guy?

they're decent. not that good (its funi after all) but they do the job

every camrip that came out and every rip proceeding the jap blur ray was missing a half hour, it's all anyone would talk about in the discussion threads and why most people gave it a pass when it was revealed.

Explain what Godzilla is about faggot

>when you're high as fuck but you have to fight mothra anyways

But I thought the Funi version was the cut one... and that wasnt the the BD one others were talking about here...

See this is the confusing shit im talking about.

awful awful movie

That's legitimately uncanny valley right there.

iirc there was a shitty incomplete camrip, and then one rip from a service with cuts. zero indication that the film as distributed theatrically was cut, the runtime was always listed correctly and anecdotally i didn't recognize anything in the bd version as new vs what i saw in a theater

Just for you, user. drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HUpfwXKVkPVmRCS3VjRTdCVjQ
I think Shin.ass were the best ones, but I can't remember. Just try all and see for yourself.

i like mothra desu

I'm sure your limited exposure to Sup Forums posts makes you qualified to say that

thank you user. I'd like the watch the movie without having to worry about subs but i do appreciate it, i'll figure this out.

funi did both theatrical and home distribution in the us

projection much?

what do you mean by this? you also gathered opinions on reddit and facebook about godzilla? not something to brag about

>Observation=/=Bragging
>also imdb, youtube, rotten tomatoes, Sup Forums, facebook, metacritic
where else should i be looking

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

Does this count?
youtu.be/pYwAbBI0r5o

me want tater

The latest ver

Godzilla got JUSTed pretty hard during the 60s and 70s

Dude giant monster movie BUT it's actually about bureaucracy or some shit Lmao so deep

This looks so fucking bad, what is it running at 10 fps?
Fuck Urobutcher and fuck anime people

>let's make a shitty knock-off of attack on titan on awful cgi....
>but with godzilla!

>MOM it's BORING!
one day you'll realize how wrong you were

>dood where da munsta fights XD

What is this expression meant to convey?

>nobody, including myself or the director, has achieved the 4th dimensional mastery of film theory that it takes to get Godzilla vs Mothra
>nobody likely will for thousands of years
Shame really.

Reminder that Godzilla vs. Gigan > Shin Godzilla.

>jpop starts playing
is this a comedy?

>Anno bends over backwards to revive Godzilla in the 21st century
>Toho with the help of the omega hack Urobutchi kills him again and sabotages whatever momentum the franchise had regained

Are we doing posters now?

>JUST fuck my shit up

It's just not very good, as a monster movie or a procedural disaster movie.

Get on my level.

just passing thorugh ;^)

the heat ray doesn't even come out of his mouth it just shoots out of the air in front of his face because, probably because the animation is too shit to even depict it properly

Thank me later

nah it's clearly a deliberate (bad) design choice

This is literally early 90's CG.
Mortal Kombat The Journey Begins had CG on par with this.

its the same kind of effect of an atom bomb the acctual detonation is inperceptible to a human eye but as it ignites the atmosphere we see a reaction

of course. most godzilla movies are in japanese and most viewers do not speak japanese. so what's the mystery here?

Thread theme:

youtu.be/ih-vgz5iJNw?list=PLxI2Q0ouLP6cW-_u3JHNLcIpm6AJLGgs8

Is there no hope of Urobutchi's animated Godzilla trilogy being good?

there is no hope for you

Of course if questioned you will conveniently avoid explaining any of it and instead opt to insult the intelligence of whoever asks, likely with a greentext response of how he "didn't understand it" and following up with a self confirming line, maybe something like an "every time" or "proving my point."

Can't this nip Anno come with something original up?

youtube.com/watch?v=h0DayCP5Q60

>didn't understand it

where's the 1998 Godzilla?

The Godzilla fanbase is generally too autistic to even consider him an official Godzilla. The ones that happen to like him call him Zilla and everyone else refuses to speak of him.

1998 Godzilla is the best Godzilla. Fact.

they're racists who do not like immigrants from asia swimming to america

>got trapped in a bridge and killed by a few missiles
Not really.

It was in japanese

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the japanese are too proud to learn how to 3d animate from people who actually know how.

This is literally top tier japanese 3d animation because they just refuse to learn how to do it right.

And that intentional 24/12fps effect is so fucking ugly, what a shit attempt to cover up how bad the animation is.

oh. you anons meant the godzilla character. i meant the movie overall.

>Brainlets think annoshit is good

Shin Godzilla is Operation Yashima by people with no access to the Dead Sea Scrolls.

This. NG:E is like the archetypical pseudo-intellectual animu for faggots who did one intro to philosophy unit as an elective in college.

Best Godzilla movie, even better than Gojira, also best disaster movie. 10/10

my jesus this is bad. how the fuck do people 50 and older look back at this garbage and not laugh?

Did anybody even take this seriously at the time?

because it was hot live action anime eva clone garbage shit. that faggot anno needs to stick to his chinese shit cartoons. kys weebfaggot