JSA Storytime: Majestic

Good evening owls,

Last time we left off with a whole bunch of laser rifles and shit

Helloooo everyone

she's so disappointed

well, this is /d/

Have we talked about this great picture of Tom King?

lying to Madge isn't like lying to Superman. that'll get you disapproved of in a way that wounds your soul, lying to Madge will probably get you killed

he's all IS THIS CAMERA ON ME?

Oh please do, please do

Heya.

You know what sucks? Having your computer die overnight.
You know what also sucks? The like 5 hours it takes for a new computer to actually work out of the box.

Hello, Storyteller.

So last time, someone mentioned opera comics. How the hell does that even work?

you just draw the plot and try to communicate something of the emotional tone and inflection of the music. there are actually quite similar challenges in the comics script and the opera libretto.

that's wonderful

These mercs have powers I wouldn't mind seeing in something more protagonistic.

Like weapons zed stomach acid. Didn't one version of MEL have something like that?

>installing updates

>:(

The stars aligned and someone else started a The Authority storytime:

I think it's kind of an accepted handwave for his powers

>not doing the thousand-yard stare
For shame!

HELLO

hah! oh well....

HI user

I started playing Costume Quest 2 in the mean time.

Reading along on tablet, which types worse.

that's not nice

That's some....strategic shading and arm placement

OP is a queer

Zealot don't look right without the facepaint

also: short or long hair, go

This Wyvern guy looks like a straight shooter with political office on the horizon.

Short hair is more practical, long is m9re dynamic with swishy ponytails.

The correct answer is therefore short, with headdress/hat/headstock with ceremonial ponytail.

She' got to be bisexual at least.

you're branching out

That terraforming tech better be properly guarded

whoops!

Short hair, long hair is so vanilla.

Long hair has to be like Deodato Artemis, or not at all

this is a bad idea

But OP, that's like, so impractical!
I have a couple solutions for this, but I'd rather save them for myself and blow some minds

Is this /d/?

in this storytime, the odds are always yes

OH GODDAMMIT, IT'S THIS ASSHOLE

>Nate is already here to fuck shit up

Member when they pushed him as a Superman villain
And then Red Hood killed him with a giant laser gun

I'm dying at those faces

O__O

Hey, Storyteller. Quick question. Do you know of any comics where the hero has mooks? Besides L.E.G.I.O.N that is.

I always found it kind of annoying that pretty much all superheroes insist on doing the solo act outside of team ups thing.

Hmmm. I really liked the Kate Spencer/Dylan Battles relationship in Manhunter, but that's not plural.

O_O could also work for the giant balls glued to her chest on that cover

>I really liked the Kate Spencer
Thank you didio 38 issues not bad.

Part of that run just got added to comixology, didn't it?

Spinal probe, eh?

24 issues so far.

For all you n00bs, Helspont was the original Big Bad of the Wildstorm Universe

I fucking love his design, I don't care how 90s it is.

>Manhunter
Meaning clones. I see.

I dunno, it just seems a little silly for certain capes to work strictly alone. Especially the rich ones, or politicians, or ones who are soldiers. Like there's no good reason Wondy doesn't have a squad of Amazons accompanying her, or Captain America leading a new incarnation of the Howling Commandos(Although I suppose he has all of Hydra now, kinda.)

This universe had it coming.

Iron Man has had fairly robust support staffs at time in certain incarnations.
Post Hydro base era Avengers had a ground crew at the Mansion.
Arguably Batman is this with his ever expanding retinue of Robins, Batfemales, and other assorted spinoffso.

Oh, there were no clones in that Manhunter, although every previous Manhunter did show up in some way/shape/form

it's a good run of comics, I think you'd like Kate. The dynamic is that Dylan's an ex-mook for hire with a lot of tech skills, and she blackmails him into working for her

I wonder if DnA started this run knowing that the nuke to the ground was coming, or not

whoops

this art just got janky

it turned into "deadline art"

It does help to know how often art is deadlines compared to Pax Americana

MooreC.A.T.S. got deep into Kheran racism

All of that sounds great. This is yet another problem brought on by the phasing out of supporting casts. Superheroes are inherently silly, so(and this going to sound very Snyder of me, I know) they need to be as grounded in logic as possible to work well. And that's logic, not realism. There's a difference. Logically, you can't run a successful operation of any sort without the proper resources and a good logistics system. So it bothers me when writers refuse to show this system at work just because it doesn't involve punching shit. Especially since a hero's setup itself can be used to tell stories.

Didn't you say you wanted to run Katehunter at some point?

it's been a long time, might re-run

and yeah, the logistics of heroing can yield great stories and way more setup than just punching. Jack Knight's relationship with his dad, etc.

HE SAID THE "C" WORD. HE SAID IT

Starman's so damn good.

(just finished the first(?) Shade miniseries on my rereadthrough)

HAH!

I really admire the structure of the whole thing. Times Past issues showcased different art and added layers upon laters, and practically every single fucking gun on the mantle is fired in Grand Guignol--every major thread is somehow relevant.

>it's been a long time, might re-run
Thank you so much.

this is bad

Aha! Yes, there was indeed a rush fill-in

i'm already wanting to go back and reread stuff that i think i missed. like i'm convinced a Ludlow is in an early arc/issue before the mini but i don't wanna go reread it all again to find out

also it's maybe the best argument for a coherent connected universe.

Hey, it's Savant! Savant is cute! CUTE!

>not gay

In fact, L.E.G.I.O.N was a good example of that as well. A lot of the plots involved Vril making business deals and forming alliances. Like the whole Blackfire thing.

It's the age old question "Where did they get all those wonderful toys?". Well, about that.

Savant muh waifu. Also on a random unrelated note was Winter on Stormwatch ever confirmed to be Zealot's long lost baby? I feel like it was hinted at once but there was never any follow-up

His hairline is so unfortunate

Zealot hates this guy already, I'm going to go with her.

>89346488
The jihadis murdered his hairline!

so how about user's Marvel fanfic, eh

Hey, this guy is clearly Cocaine Man's cousin or such

>stop looking at my boobs

i know it's all bullshit but "they kill all the new characters that aren't white dudes" really bugged me.

and the people cheering that obvs

I admit that the grand construction around "Miles has to die as personal vengeance upon Bendis for the failure of CW2" is slightly gratifying, but not going to happen. I am anti-character death 99.5% of the time.

Except for Kid Karneval

i mean i'm just upset at the obvious racism/sexism behind it.

the funniest part was PAD taking over kamala's book.

Yeah, that part's just tiresome by now

PAD is....very far removed from his days of Young Justice and so is Kamala's structure and tone

That costume is...

I'm surprised there isn't a "Tom Kuck" meme already.
Is it too late to start one?

we need to ration our memes, carefully

One thing that bugs me about this is where is the Authority or Stormwatch when these guys show up? I really don't think they'd let an alien fleet into Earth unopposed. Also I kind wonder what could they even do about it. Millions of years old alien civilization vs some dudes enhanced by normal human tech