What is the likeliness that this gets a full series?

What is the likeliness that this gets a full series?

And why is it so damn hard to get good stuff made in Canada?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnOJgDW0gPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

>Jojo Reference

Urbance is old. If it hasn't done anything significant yet, it probably is dead.

>Urbance

At first I thought it said "Urbonics"

Has there been any updates on it? I didn't back it but I haven't heard any news since it met its goal

The only thing worse than a Romeo & Juliet episode is a boys vs girls episode
And every episode of urbance would be both. Fuck that.

1. Low chance
2. Canada sucks.

The story for this seemed kind of shitty, but I loved the look. They should try again with a different plot but same art stuff.

This will never get picked up, just look at that art style. It would be expensive to make a season, let alone a full show. Also the premise sucks.

They already pissed off tumblr, their main audience, so no.

didn't show get drop because of the whole characters are gay because it illegal for straight sex?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD

trust me life is a jojo referance

>Hey white people, how about a show about PoCs, LBGTs, & issues that concern us?!
>"Okay gotcha senpai"
>REEEEE YOU'RE WHITE!
Urbance in a nut shell.

i don't get this meme

How exactly did they do that? No wait, Why am I even asking? tumblr screams "RACISM! MISOGYNY! HOMOPHOBIA! ABELISM!" like a small child with tourette syndrome.

Fuck Urbance.
I still haven't received my bracelet.

I still think it's hilarious that tumblr tried to sink this and Sup Forums turned around and saved it.

i thought tumblr was the ones that wanted this series to happen when it was just clips and a trailer?

The trailer looked good so there now way it could be good, or made at all! Good things just don't happen user.

This was a turd on the making, the premise was retarded as fuck.

Maybe it was for the better then!

>man like we the last generation I wanna paint graffiti and do matrix slow-mo
>this early-2000's drug PSA looking ass nightclub is lit af some gonna go down
>shiet everything neon I wanna to fuck
>jamal no that pussy haunted
>shiiiiiieeeet lemme get some sex drank
>shaking my head that ratchet hoe wanna do it in the anarchy bathrooms
>[when you bust a nut so hard you have out-of-body experience]
>EVERYONE FREEZE THIS IS THE BLUE BALL BRIGADE
>aww that lesbian action just getting good

Truly a classic in the making.

>Sup Forums turned around and saved it.
What? Sup Forums wanted it to fail based on the last thread about this.

>>EVERYONE FREEZE THIS IS THE BLUE BALL BRIGADE
they do it for free

>And why is it so damn hard to get good stuff made in Canada?
no clue about the first part but as for the Canada issue, as I understand it Canadian TV stations need to have some made in Canada shows airing all the time.
so the execs grab whatever cheap shit they can and use it to fill up slots, which is why Johnny test ran for so long as it was super cheap to make and market.
not only that but everyone with a fair bit of talent moves over to America and makes cool shit over there because the job market for that sort of stuff is a lot better over there. though that might change if enough people follow though with their "i'm moving to Canada if trump wins" promises.

Alright so I don't know about recently but this is what I remember. The original story was about a hetero relationship in a future where the straight sex diseased killed you. So being gay is the norm, and the story would have been about their struggle to have their love accepted.
Tumblr flips their shit cause this is somehow anti gay and not you know just flipfloping the situation to make a point. The shit storm causes them to change the story which most people on Sup Forums, myself included, seen to feel is worse now.

What? The issue wasn't the story.

The issue was that too many white people were working on the show.

Well thats just retarded.

>VRBDNCt

And I believe the argument was that have a magical disease that only killed straight people for fucking and not gay people was homophobic because it was like saying gay people don't have real sex or some shit.

>what if gay was the norm and straight was in the minority

Ah yes, they always turn to Armageddon, because that's how it is the other way around, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=CnOJgDW0gPI

I remembered the days when Urbance was just a trailer and anything I've seen during the time before the kickstarter campaign. Anytime I've seen the trend years before was "This is awesome!", "Netflix Fund this!", or "This would be cool on the Adult Swim block!"

The Story was already known, and suddenly became a issue that got brought up as you stated as soon as they've seen the crew behind Urbance was a bunch of white people with a black guy working on the music.

AND THEN SUDDENLY the story retroactively became "problematic" after the fact because REEEEE WHITE PEOPLE! They took the original plot points too personally even tho they're missing the point that the star crossed lovers/forbidden hetero love aspect was just a twist to put those who don't approve of homosexuality in their shoes with a "Not so fun now isn't it" sort of way. It's lazy, but it has a point.

Aren't Blacks usually the most actively homophobic anyway?

The thing is Urbance, despited its sins, is the kind of Canadian content the broadcasters should be investing in. It's homegrown, unique and is totally up the alley of an audience looking for something edgier than what American TV offers.

In a perfect world, this would've been picked up, cancelled after a season, rerun to hell and become a cult hit like Undergrads or Cybersix.

I mean its easy to say that everything is the way you know it now and some big event changes that? Its way easier than having to re invent history.

I would have assumed that it was precum interacting with vaginal groom that activated it, ut the short seemed to imply that the virus just "knew"because it was a manufactured/cybernetic virus.

>the only straights in the village trying to reach bonezone together
>any concern to the lettuce, bacon, gherkin and tomato sandwich

>the point that the star crossed lovers/forbidden hetero love aspect was just a twist to put those who don't approve of homosexuality in their shoes with a "Not so fun now isn't it" sort of way.
by itself that could work, but then they throw in the hetero-killing virus and suddenly the whole allegory backpedals thirty years in a return to the 'AIDS is a gay disease' propaganda

whys it gotta be a virus

why can't it be a suppression field or something like in half life 2
holy shit

>they throw in the hetero-killing virus and suddenly the whole allegory backpedals thirty years in a return to the 'AIDS is a gay disease' propaganda

Isn't that the point tho?

then come back when you know how google works or have an adult help you

Jojo is a blight