Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand movie? I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god-tier ideology...

Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand movie? I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god-tier ideology, but the movie of Atlas Shrugged sucked.

>god-tier ideology

>god-tier ideology

>god-tier ideology

>god-tier ideology

No. Someone has to put up funding for the movies, and no one wants to.

Ironic?

Also she died on govt aid. Her ideas suck.

>god-tier ideology

>god-tier ideology

>god-tier ideology

>god-tier ideology
guess what they said about Sup Forums's age demographic was true

OH, LOOK!
It's THIS thread again!

The virgin Atlas Shrugged.

The chad Fountainhead.

>getting a good movie from a terrible writer

I mean objectivism is stupid but she had the right to get back money the government stole from her in the first place.

Because you need smart, talented people to make a good movie, while Ayn Rand's writing panders primarily to uncreative stupid people.

Is that why the most successful people in the western world were hugely influenced by her for decades? Granted the ideology has fallen put of favor since.

>I loved Atlas Shrugged
NO NO NUOOOH AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Textbook example of a propaganda operation.

Repetition and repetition and more repetition.

The most successful people in the world are either utterly ruthless, or have inherited everything they own. Ayn Rand's 'ideology' suits them, so they promote it. The idea that hard work and intellect puts you at the top by default is an idea that's very convenient for making people forget how you actually got rich and powerful.
Objectivism promotes greed. That's all it is. Atlas Shrugged demonizes the common man and holds up a strawman in the form of John Galt in favor of the argument, ignoring their real-world counterparts.

>god-tier ideology

how was your day at school, OP?

This

shutuppppp the state and the board of stockholders just hate meREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But it was perfect. Like Objectivism, the movie sounded good but was terrible in execution.

>le writer is a hack which is why her complete argument is wrong ecksdee

We'll get a good Ayn Rand movie when we get a good Ayn Rand book.

Anthem > We The Living > The Fountainhead > Atlas Shrugged

I think We The Living is really her only novel that would do well as a film adaptation. Fountainhead is alright but it has the same preachy-monologue style that Shrugged has, which is extremely hard to adapt usefully to film without doing some preach-to-the-choir masturbatory shit.

So to acquire wealth and/or political influence, you either need to be an undeserving asshole inheritance baby born into it, or a ruthless asshole who crushes fellow individuals on their road of acquisition? Wew. Good thing we have states and organizations made up of average Janes and Joes who work efficiently, transparently, and accountably on behalf of society at large to balance all this wealth disparity to the betterment and prosperity of society.

Great infographic, my fellow sapient. Mind if I save it?
Anthem and We The Living already are decent books.

Her philosophy is fine to adhere to if you're a literal sociopath, but it's no way for a morally intact human or for a society to operate.

>states and organizations made up of average Janes and Joes who work efficiently, transparently, and accountably on behalf of society at large to balance all this wealth disparity to the betterment and prosperity of society

None of that works if the aforementioned successful individuals have the law changed to suit them. Why are there so many corporate lobbyists? Why do so many politicians snuggle up to corporate sponsors? Why is the head of one said corporate entity the current sitting president of the USA?

The acquisition of wealth is only limited by law. A lot of the time, not even then. High-level corruption is everywhere. It's the willingness of the judicial system to prosecute and punish those that break the law that keeps greed in check. When that system is compromised, it's even worse than an unregulated system. It becomes a monopoly.

I hate that meme.

>here we have human feces and marmite
>one is a sticky, pungent, disgusting toxic sludge...;)))))))) and the other is human poope

It's cringeworthy to read.

"Not being a sociopath is reddit! Look how edgy I am!"

user, people aren't being redditors for realizing ayn rand was not a serious philosopher.

>god-tier ideology