ITT: Morals you should've listened to more

ITT: Morals you should've listened to more
>Cherish your childhood for as long as you can, because adulthood is a miserable existence

Being an adult isn't too miserable, but I do miss those days where the only thing I had to worry about was homework being due and pop quizzes. But the one thing I do miss the most were all my friends and the time we had together.

Shut, now that I just typed that out now I'm feeling it, damn it.

Idek man, personally I don't see it as childhood being better than adulthood (unless something really shitty happened in either one). I just see each having their own set of pros and cons, some avoidable, some not so much. Just gotta figure out how to increase your strengths and mitigate your weaknesses, as time goes on.

>always look towards the future instead of sulking in the past
I'm actually following this one, as should you all

being a smelly teenager in high school was terrible. I wish I went to an all boys school. I have so many memories that I can't delete from my head. I think about them every day. Being 7-12 was the only good time as a child.

And yet you're on Sup Forums... Really makes you think huh?

We're on Sup Forums. We have no future.

But what if my childhood was shitty? Does that mean my entire existence will be joyless?

The only joy is escapism in cartoons and video games.

Happiness is a zero sum. If somebody is happy in the world, it means somebody has to suffer in their place.

You should always feel glad that your lifetime of joylessness is making somebody elsewhere live happily forever. It's what people call 'altruism'.

I try stopping sulking in the past once. But then I realized that I had nothing going on for my future and my present was as an empty stage presenting a play in which I wasn't even a character, so back to sulking I went.

Being an adult isn't so bad if you work hard while you're a kid

Also, what does this have to do with Sup Forums?

>if you want to do something, start learning early because the longer you wait the harder it will get

>future
Yeah, because the prospect of suffering a mid-life crisis, getting old and dying is so appealing.

But if my altruistic behavior, even if it causes me suffering on the behalf of another, grants me more happiness than if I had done nothing, wouldn't that negate the zero sum of happiness? Instead of one happy person and another sad, there are now two with the former disposition.

>these bitter faggots giving up before they even really try
Pathetic desu

>Having a lot of money, more often than not, makes you a dick

>You should always feel glad that your lifetime of joylessness is making somebody elsewhere live happily forever.
Get fucked. I don't care for anyone on this shit planet and if half of humankind dies today I would only be glad. Their happiness is the last fucking thing that concerns me.

>F-FUTURE IS TOTALLY GOOD, I SWEAR MUH OPTIMISM MEME
This is what really pathetic.

This. No one wants to hears you cry about how hard being an adult is.

Ur adulthood sucks cuz u let it

Manchildren who hate responsibility love children's media

I hate this whiny shit. This guy just complains about life and hasn't tried to learn or do a damn thing. I know people just like him.

They infantalize themselves. It's literally never been easier in history to learn about the world and see and try new things, yet they sit on their asses acting like man-babies and whine about how being an adult is soooo hard.

Also, give opera a chance. If you're open to experiencing it it's some of the most beautiful art ever made, and in major cities there's usually student or other discounts.

>I'm a fucking faggot who has given up because I've failed at everything I ever tried

So you admit that you're like, 14?

>I'm a projecting faggot

Madoka is overrated horseshit.

It's good if you work to make it good. Not if you do nothing all day

>I have no argument, better call him underage
Enjoy looking forward to the graveyard!

But my childhood was miserable.

Nah but you're a fucking coward

>Nothing will change unless you take the first step
>"O-OPTIMIST FAGGOT! YOU'RE THE REAL FOOL, NOT ME FOR WALLOWING IN SELF PITY AND SADNESS FOR THE PAST AND NOT BOTHERING TO CHANGE THINGS FOR THE BETTER"
Fuck off you waste of oxygen. If you're not constantly aspiring to make things better for yourself then you might as well leave those nostalgia threads, grab a helium tank, and off yourself. You're afraid of failure, so you huddle in your little shell so you won't have to feel pain
Disgusting

I'm in all honestly more content as an adult that i have ever been as a child. You could probably think that i say that because my childhood was kind of shitty, and you're probably half-right, but in all honestly, i find more purpose and will to live now that i'm an adult that when i was a child. All in all, i probably didnt have a true will to live when i was a child, i just let myself be.
I dont know how it work for you guys, but maybe adulthood sucks because leting yourself be is harder as an adult than as a child. Or maybe its just diferent for everyone, hell if i know.

I'm a Christian, so I already do.

Listen here, you fucking retard.
It doesn't fucking matter what you do, the end result is always the same. Let's see how you "make it good" when you or your loved one gets cancer or some fuck murders you. The future is the most frightening thing in the universe and no amount of money, hard work, love or whatever sappy bullshit you keep talking about is ever going to change that.

Stop pushing the
>y-you're just not doing anything
meme.

Honestly, just die, you idiotic waste of flesh. You're not even trying to hear me out and just shitting out self-righteous tripe to make yourself look better. I have zero sympathy for you

Why? Being a Christian =/= going to heaven. Most people obviously would go to hell.

This I had a fucking brain tumor diagnosed at 9 they drugged me so much I have a 18 month blank spot in my memory but it didnt let me forget passing out from blood loss because of a nose bleed, vomiting until there was nothing but bile coming up and having my throat and esophagus burned so badly from radiation poisoning I couldn't eat for the better part of 3 months then I've got the fact I may be going blind form a side effect

If I can look forward to the future instead of moping about the past after lady luck took a steaming shit on my life any of you pathetic fucks can

>This guy just complains about life and hasn't tried to learn or do a damn thing. I know people just like him.

Jason Shiga seems pretty successful. Though, this comic is only semi-autobiographical.

>It doesn't fucking matter what you do, the end result is always the same
To you maybe, because you've already decided that your life has no meaning. As I've stated before, end yourself if that's the case. You're life has no more meaning than that you create for yourself
>Stop pushing the "y-you're just not doing anything" meme
But it's true. You're not doing anything. You're arguing with a bunch of anonymous people on an image board about the meaninglessness of your own life
>You're not even hearing me out
We are, it's just that nothing you have to say is important. You're failing to make a good argument as to why life has no meaning

No, we cannot.

I don't usually like depression comix but this one is true. I really hate how schools push this bullshit at you. I remember they were trying to push me to pick a career for the rest of my life at fucking 13 years old for christ's sake, I wasn't even out of middle school yet. No wonder kids today think they've ruined their entire life when they're not even into their twenties.

I would like to just say that to me, life is meaningless, but we can give it meaning by choice if we want to. My life has meaning because I enjoy spending time reading and with my family and gaming and stuff. If I didn't care for any of that, my life may as well be meaningless.

Nothing in this universe matters. That is why every moment matters. We must make the best of every second. Get as much enjoyment out of the present moment as you can. That is what I believe.

>As I've stated before, end yourself if that's the case.

Ahh, shuddup. You know you're that sort of twat that goes around dissing suicide for no reason. I know your kind very well and you faggots are annoying as fuck.

not him, but suicide seems better and better. As Durkheim says:

Anomic suicide reflects an individual's moral confusion and lack of social direction, which is related to dramatic social and economic upheaval.[7] It is the product of moral deregulation and a lack of definition of legitimate aspirations through a restraining social ethic, which could impose meaning and order on the individual conscience. This is symptomatic of a failure of economic development and division of labour to produce Durkheim's organic solidarity. People do not know where they fit in within their societies. Durkheim explains that this is a state of moral disorder where man does not know the limits on his desires, and is constantly in a state of disappointment. This can occur when man goes through extreme changes in wealth; while this includes economic ruin, it can also include windfall gains – in both cases, previous expectations from life are brushed aside and new expectations are needed before he can judge his new situation in relation to the new limits.

>Honestly, just die, you idiotic waste of flesh

You sound like somebody who is about to kill them self. I hope you do

>tfw don't have the courage to commit suicide because fear of death
I'm sorry I'm wasting all your oxygen everybody.

>To you maybe
Yeah, sure. Mr. Immortal. I'm sure nothing terrible would ever happen to anyone but me, how silly of me! You fucking self-righteous idiot.

>"h-how dare you blow off some steam early in the morning, y-you're obviously not doing anything ever in your life"
You know what? I'm done with you. Your idiocy gets more and more unbearable with each minute.

>it's just that nothing you have to say is important
Nah, it's just you're a moron who keeps ignoring my point and acting like a self-righteous cunt. I've made quite a compelling argument and yet you never even bother to address it, you cowatdly trash.

If I ever going to kill someone, it definitely won't be myself.

That's why I do drugs user. It distracts me, at least for a little while.

and yet here you are, virgin

Society somehow has gotten the idea that being a responsible adult is some bodily function that excretes itself and everybody is born knowing how to do it. School does nothing but train you to fill out quizzes and parrot back answers, and then somehow you're supposed to automatically know how to handle college work by your own instinct.

Education is a joke.

Oh, and since you're a fucking moron.
My point was never "life is meaningless", if you had more than one-digit IQ, you'd know that.

>School does nothing but train you to fill out quizzes and parrot back answers
But user if schools encouraged actual thinking, it'd be racist and sexist.

Life HAS to be meaningless. How would the millennial zeitgeist survive if they didn't think everything and anything is but a social construct?

ANOTHER fucking beta "depression" thread full of unwashed no-life virgins

can you faggots PLEASE kill yourselfs

Fuck women, worry about yourself before anything else.

This. Women are just incubators. Them having opinions is the nature's biggest mistake considering how unintelligent they all are.

only permavirgins who shoot up schools think like this

I don't have to tell you what happened to me.
I don't have to tell you my life story.
I don't have to tell you why my life is the way it is.

But I honestly don't know if my future can get better. I don't know if I can have a good life.
I don't know if I can move forward.

And you have no right to judge the pain of people you don't even know. You are not me, and I am not you. Not everyone is the same. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean someone else can.

I don't want to kill myself because I don't want you fuckers to live longer than me

After you have your fiance leave you, you tend to become this.

Yes, how dare men worry about themselves or think of themselves first.

if you weren't such a fuckup you wouldn't be in that position

Only Burgerbastards shoot up schools, so I'm in no danger :^)

It's not even about "actual thinking", user. Constantly pressuring schoolchildren for college to the point of suffocation would be one thing, if not because they purposely train them wrong.

Okay Edgy Murphy.

>believing in marriage
It's all your own fault.

Fuck me, I'm screwed.

>I'm sure nothing terrible would ever happen to anyone but me
That's why I said TO YOU you dumb idiotic faggot.
>You know what? I'm done with you. Your idiocy gets more and more unbearable with each minute.
Oh yes user. YOU'RE not the one who is wrong, but I. I'm just some idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. How convenient for you.
>Y-you're just being self righteous. I've made quite a compelling argument!
Restating the same exact thing over and over again isn't a compelling argument.
"You can always change things for the better"
"NUH-UH"
>My point was never "life is meaningless"
Then what was it Mr. "Optimism is bad!", Mr. "Nothing you do matters", Mr. "I'm s-s-s-cared of the future"
>If I ever going to kill someone, it definitely won't be myself.
It might as well be. The prospect of your death has been the most pleasing thing to people like me who value their oxygen

>Edgy Murphy.
I'm gonna keep that one for later, user.

I fell for this meme I ended up buckling under pressure and having a breakdown when I was supposed to be sitting my final exams became a shut in for a few years because id failed at life. after i stopped feeling self pity i went to a local college to do a vocational,course and found they did maths and English. Two years on I'm at uni doing genetics.

But isn't not wanting women how you get women in the first place? That's the advice that keeps being thrown around all the time pretty much everwhere.

there's a difference between thinking about yourself and "I'm a loveshy pussy who never leaves mommy's basement at age 30", which everyone here is the latter 100% of the time

You SHOULD worry about yourself first and being a complete individual first and foremost.
Anyone telling you that you need other people to be happy is trying to make you unhealthy.

Since we're on the topic of death: Why do so many Christians cry when a loved one dies? They get to hang out with Jesus and you eventually get to be with them again, it only makes sense for those who don't believe in an afterlife to be upset over death.

To be fair, the existence of helicopter parenting is the parents' fault, not the kids'.

>Disgusting

was this intentional, because its relevant

Which is exactly what that poster didn't describe.

If you aren't happy being yourself, another person won't make you happy either. Nor do you NEED another person to be happy.

But-
I thought the school shooter stereotype was men who obsessed over getting laid and think getting a girlfriend will solve all their problems?

Now it's apparently men who are trying to be healthy, happy, complete individuals?

I didn't even realize it myself. Nice

Because deep down they know is a lie from a bronze age fairy tail *tips*

For me, when I used to believe in God, I was sad because it would be a long time before I saw them again. Just because I "know" where they are, doesn't mean I don't miss them.

but now I know I'll most likely never see them again and that makes it sadder

Maybe grieving is a normal human thing and Christians are normal people like you and me.

I swear, human behavior is so contradictory all the damn time.

'To be a good person, you must not think of yourself as a good person,' 'to have luck in romance, you must not care about romance,' 'to be successful in the future, you must not mind the future'.

It all sounds like the only thing that matters is whether you're born lucky and a winner from the outset, or a loser that has to try to understand things everybody else is born knowing. Life is such a joke.

holy shit the amount of fucking angry pent up edgelords in this thread

Yes, because it would never fucking happen to you, you retard. Just shut up already.
>Oh yes user. YOU'RE not the one who is wrong, but I. I'm just some idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
Glad we're finally agree on something.
>Restating the same exact thing over and over again isn't a compelling argument.
You mean exactly what you're doing?
>"there's no point looking forward to the future, because anything could go wrong at any moment"
>HURR ALL WILL BE GOOD, U JUSS NO TRYING XDD
>Then what was it
Are you really that dumb that I need to spoonfeed it to you? Why am I even asking, of course you are. Here it is, baby boy. Take your spoon and take it well. Looking forward to future is for complete fucking morons who are arrogant enough to think that nothing bad would ever happen. The only sensible way to live in this world is living in the present.
That good enough or should I chew it out some more for you?
>he prospect of your death has been the most pleasing thing to people like me who value their oxygen
Funny, the prospect of YOUR death is also a good reason to live. By the way, I hope it happens as soon as humanly possible. No one would miss you, hell, a couple of years later no one would probably remember you so go eat some asbestos. I heard it tastes good.