There are too many American human Green Lanterns in sector 2814...

There are too many American human Green Lanterns in sector 2814. If you were to kill off the majority of them with exception for 2, who would you spare?

Guy

How is this even a question

Guy and Hal for obvious reasons

Hal and John.
Kyle is White, Guy should go back to Red, make Jessica Power Ring again, no idea for Simon

Fuck Guy.

Guy and Hal if I HAD to kill the rest

although ideally you could send Guy back to the Reds, turn Simon Blue, let Hal keep the construct/willpower thing so he's technically separate, then you could have John and Jessica as 2814's GLs

kill Kyle

I'd just cobble together some weird hybrid with all of the good stuff.

Jhon and maybe Hal.

None of them. Our sector needs some better representation. There's more than just humans here

Honestly. Why are all our Lanterns from one country on one planet?

Well there was that leprechaun GL

>in sector 2814

Except they're not. Most of the Human Lanterns are Honor Guard or some leadership rank, stationed at corps HQ. That's why they're able to keep recruiting more, they keep getting promoted out of their sector or switching to a different corps altogether.

The only ones watching 2814 these days at Simon and Jess.

Because nearness is part of the ring's choosing criteria.

I swear, I must say this in every fucking thread.

Don't the rings go back to Mogo to be sorted out now?

No, that was like a temporary thing during some storyarc.

Careful for what you wish for, at least for a different country. You just know a European lantern would be the most hated one yet.

It's not that there are too many human Lanterns, there aren't enough multiple alien Lanterns of the same species. Being Americans is just a genre conceit.

If a race can produce one individual with the psychological makeup to be capable of using a ring then it should be able to produce more. It's weird that the Guardians don't draw upon other species they way they do humans. How many other races have produced multiple Lanterns? Korugarians and Xudarians?

Keep Kyle and Hal, kill the rest. Easy.

Kyle and Jessica

I like this idea a lot too though. I guess it's supposed to be representative, like the odds are so big they don't double. But having so many human lanterns from a planet that shouldn't even qualify is weird.

You're right, they should have multiple people from the same worlds.

Arisia's family had multiple GLs

But yeah the main problem with too many humans it's that they get 95% of the focus and all the cool aliens don't ready get any

The thing is, the human lanterns keep quitting or dying. So they keep having to be replaced, but then the previous guy comes back somehow.

The alien lanterns that are memorable characters largely manage to stay alive and keep their jobs.

How about changing their contry?
Like John - African, Jessica - South American, Kyle - Mexican, and Simon - Lebanese.

Oh and Hal - Israelian, cause' he's jew.

Kill all of them but Simon and Jessica

Keep Guy and Kyle if i had too. But honestly im fine with all six humans.

John and Guy. The other two rub me as special snowflakes from time to time, wielding multiple colors and being destined for this and that, but John and Guy are 'just' Green Lanterns, which is what I want to see when I read a GL book.

That's kind of funny when you think about it.

How is Guy not a special snowflake in that same since? He had the yellow ring back in the day, he's not even fully human but his own special snowflake warrior alien race and he's been in the Red Lantern corp too.

>Guy are 'just' Green Lanterns
You what

>his own special snowflake warrior alien race
Oh jeez, forgot about that. I guess it would have to be John and Simon then, huh? God. Is it just a thing where if a GL gets too popular the writers start shoving other colors and special powers down his throat?

Guy and Hal, though ideally I could save Jessica for something else because she is CUTE

I love them all desu

>John "The Master Builder" Stewart

Sorry, it's Simon and Jessica for you.

Wait, now John has special powers? Alright, hit me with the bad news.

I sacrifice them all to bring this magnificent bastard back

>it's not easy being green

Good thing America is always pointing in the direction of Oa

Kill them all and replace them with G'Nort. Then make a buddy comic starring G'Nort and Larfleeze.

Anya wasn't American at least.

Kill them all, bring back Charlie.

Jess and Simon, Guy becomes a Red Lantern again because all his friends died

L O O P H O L E

That Daily Bugle reference is so out of place it's fucking with me hard. Why is a DC character reading a newspaper from Marvel? Visual gags need to make sense within context otherwise it's jarring and distracting.

I mean, Overall humans seem to be a hotbed for genetic mutation and cosmic intervention in the dc universe.

Ignoring all the life entity blackest night bullshit human dan seems oddly.... maleable, when you consider the amount of super beings that come from this rock. let alone all the cosmic gods and magical doo dads. maybe mars had someone as strong as the wizard shazam magically, but as far as mystic dc is concerned it never even touches on magic users from other planets (fuck it barely touches on atlantean magic users)

so from what we can tell human have a pension for genetic alteration, mystic profanity, cosmic shenanigans and we have a good 5 or 6 high powered alien refugees that just decided to call out planet home... plus gods. lets not forget that the goddamn greek pantheon actually hangs out here.

if I were from another planet I wouldn't be surprised earth has 6 lanterns... I'd also think earth was some fucked up war world.

it's a joke entirely divorced from the rest of the comic, it doesn't need to be in-context with the rest of the strip

you may just be autistic

Oh also we can fuck anything.

Just anything

Think of any alien race. Good. Got it. We can fuck it and make a baby that is somehow more powerful than the original race.

this isn't even limited to dc. Marvel, Image, Dragon Ball z, heck Ben 10. It's this weird common trend in fiction where we assume that if lenient life exists out there we can stick our dicks in it and make it better.

Guy and Kyle.

Alan doesn't count, right?

Earth is center of the universe and housed the life entity. We special.

Don't care. I want a martian lantern

He had Guardian powers during mosaic

Africa and South America aren't countries

>telepathic, flying, shapeshifter with the strength equivalent to a Kryptonian and sometimes telekinetic
>Power ring
>Still jobs

At least it's not America

I'd spare the most american

Guy obviously

>Razor and Aya will never come to Earth and become Lanterns here

Guy and Hal. Guy's the most entertaining and most of the modern Green Lantern lore and Sinestro is tied up with Hal.

>autism speaks

Why the good comic die too soon

>saving John
Why would someone do this

Hal and Guy but I do like Jessica but I'd kill them all if it also killed Kyle

Wait.. Is he smelling his hand?

John Stewart and Guy Gardner are all we really need.

Guy goes back to being warrior, black guy is now a guardian, Hal is parallax and Kyle is ion. Kill Jessica and the other guy, the new lantern from this sector is an alien, probably abin sur's daughter

There you go. I hate that Johns introduced two more earth lanterns, that just happen to be Americans

No, earth is the center of the multiverse and the life shit was Johns being stupid not knowing how old the universe and the planet is, don't take anything universe building from blackest night as Canon, Johns does that he think something may be cool, he does it and then he realizes he Fucked up

>It's weird that the Guardians don't draw upon other species they way they do humans. How many other races have produced multiple Lanterns? Korugarians and Xudarians?

Along with Korugar and Xudar, Chp's planet is the only planet in their sector that produces GLs, Arisias family have been GLs for at least 3 generations and there are plenty of old Tales of the Green Lantern Corps that suggest that Lanterns have a underling that they train in order to inherit the ring from them. It's not exactly as random as the Guardians would have you think.

Hal and John
Anyone have that page that describes the different ways each Lantern uses their rings when fighting Parralax(I think it was parralax)?

>brazilian Jess
my poor balls

>Kyle - Mexican
>Not Irish

When is this happening again and how can I help?

>plus gods. lets not forget that the goddamn greek pantheon actually hangs out here.
Other planets have gods too, but usually just one or two, maybe a single pantheon.
Maybe that explains why Earth is culturally diverse and other planets are single culture.

Thanks broseph. Nice trips by the way.

guy and kyle

Keep crying, Amon Sur.

It's Abin-Sur. A-B-I-N SUR. How hard it is to get?

Kill Baz, John, and hal

Keep jessica and Guy

Kyle also survives since he is WL not GL

>Other planets have gods too, but usually just one or two, maybe a single pantheon.
>Maybe that explains why Earth is culturally diverse and other planets are single culture.

hahahah no, the reason is lazy writers and globalization.

Abin Sur's son, "Amon Sur" is the villain who hates every GL of earth, especially Hal. Amon is not Abin.

Weelll fuck!

>especially Hal

Equal parts distaste of Hal and Kyle. Hal never bothered to tell anyone on Ungara that Abin had died (which isn't entirely true because Hal had been there a few times) and Kyle completely destroyed his Space-Yakuza while calling him a punk ass bitch.

I wish being the red leader was his endgame

>Earth can't be the source of life in a comicbook universe because Earth isn't the source of life in our universe
Why don't ya bitch about how the stars in the sky drawn in comics don't match the stars in the sky in real life either?

But Kyle was never like that.

Simon is starting to manifest some kind of "emerald vision" so he's getting there too.

Johns hated kyle.

It's more like they realized that the GL fan base is a divisive clusterfuck so whenever one of them gets to do something special they have to give more powers and shit to the others to balance it out

How exactly did he hate him?

Imma need proof like Johns saying that in an interview or a page of Johns trying to ruin Kyle's character.

Johns is a Fanboy, a fanboy that uses the same ideas he had when he was a teen as real matertial for his comics.

He wasnt HEAT material, but he disliked Kyle. Hell, the "power ups" he gave to Kyle made him useless, it was even worst that "he made me the flash" he got rid of all Kyle arc and relationship with the league and wally. But sure, he gave him power ups (and then did nothing with him) so we have to pretend he didnt sperg at college when Kyle was GL.

IT's like pretending he doesnt dislike batman and using his terrible "god of knowledge" bit in JL as proof.

John and Jess

I want to say he was a member of HEAT, but I'll have to go look around for that.

Johns wasn't even writing GLC so stuff like his relationships getting ignored was on Tomasi and Bedard

If you're talking about new 52 everybody got fucked over there