Why is Jafar one of the least memorable Disney villains? Aladdin itself is a great movie

Why is Jafar one of the least memorable Disney villains? Aladdin itself is a great movie.

I was having a conversation on best Disney villains with some friends and nobody mentioned or brought up Jafar, people even brought up Dr Facilier before him.

What makes Jafar so uninteresting as a villain? Is it the lack of a song of his own? Voice actor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xfkkMHieqcI
youtube.com/watch?v=W9vXZncjGvk
youtube.com/watch?v=Jhj25HnpSRU
youtube.com/watch?v=AU6AfCWuZKI
youtube.com/watch?v=E-399FLwmDk
youtube.com/watch?v=tNa0k7nqeps
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

his beard is too twisted

It's because he wasn't voiced by Gilbert Gottfried

Lack of a song and Iago overshadowing him thanks to the television show and sequels.

He's not? Far more memoreable than the octopus in Little Mermaid or whats his name in Mulan. And did early stuff like Sleeping Beauty even have villains?

>Did Sleeping Beauty have a villain?

The villain got her own live action movie like two years ago.

Excuse me? What about Second Rate?

Aladdin is one of those instances where the heroes (or at least in this case we're talking 80-90% Genie) outshine the villain in charisma and memorability.

He's still a good villain, but most people are going to remember Robin Williams' stellar performance more.

>Far more memoreable than the octopus in Little Mermaid

Wait, what?

youtube.com/watch?v=xfkkMHieqcI

Eww

Jafar was a great villain, probably 3rd best of the 90s Disney movies. And "Prince Ali Reprise" is great, if short, and "Humiliate the Boy" has been on Youtube for years:
youtube.com/watch?v=W9vXZncjGvk

He's not an impressive villain.

He's a somewhat competent evil underling to an incompetent leader. His plan of dressing up as an old man to convince Aladdin to look for the lamp was stupid even if it did work and his plans for stealing the lamp from Aladdin once he got it were bumbling. And when he got the lamp he just started making puns to go along with his newfound powers and was defeated... twice because of his own idiocy.

I wonder if it was just the crowd you were with. I've never heard of Jafar not being memorable.

Maybe not as iconic as Scar or Cruella or something but definitely more so than others.

his entire character is being "the bad guy" and thats fucking about it.

the movie is not about aladdin vs jafar, its about aladdin and robin williams trying to win jasmine hearts.

the lion king its about simba killing his uncle who killed his father and almost destroyed the entire kingdome in his own madness.

kuzko its about old lady trying to murder him the entire fucking movie.

snow white its about 7 magic leprechauns hiding a beuty from her bitch step mother.

etc, jaffar simply exists, house of mouse made me thought he was the best for some time but nowadays i think he is one of the worst.

Rasputin from Anastasia was a far better Jafar than Jafar

I liked him, and I thought his voice was great.
I love me some evil wazirs, he was basically arab rasputin. and I loved how his legacy lived on in the animated series, they referenced him at least 10 times. getting shit from his old evil lab, that kinda shit.

jasmine looks cute as fuck in this

This feels like something from a way older disney movie. Very interesting.

According to Sporcle quizzes, the least memorable is apparently Clayton/Saber from Tarzan.

Pretty sure that's just your friends. His FB fan page has 850+k fans.

Personally, I always found everything from the Genie onwards to be really jarring. It's a completely different movie. All the pre-existing elements of the film are shoved aside or subdued in order to make room for Robin Williams.

I will always remember him. He is smart, evil for logical reasons, has good taste in slavegirl outfits and actually fuck- I mean kissed the heroine. Just think about how many evil bad guy can tell the same. Okay okay Hades probably molested Megara plenty of times, but let's be real he wasn't interested.

He would have killed Aladdin several times throughout the movie if it wasn't for the genie and the carpet.

Cower
At the power
Of my peeeeenisssss
My cum is number one on EVERY LIP

>And did early stuff like Sleeping Beauty even have villains?
I'm guessing it's been a while since you watched them.

Jafar has a song, it's the reprise of "Prince Ali" though it's less memorable than most villain songs since it's pretty short and a reprise of an earlier song.

>And did early stuff like Sleeping Beauty even have villains?

Literally kys you degenerate.

Maleficent is based as fuck

His death scene in the sequel gave me nightmares.

Saber I can understand but Clayton? No way.

He had a good song in the sequel, at least.
youtube.com/watch?v=Jhj25HnpSRU

He's so old...

Hm. Interesting that they had an explanation planned for where all that extravagant stuff came from. I still prefer "Prince Ali Reprise" though.

Does he not qualify?

that tongue is pretty suggestive

out of all Disney villains I can pretty easily imagine this guy raping me and me enjoying it

I watched the movie recently.
He's deliciously evil.

But that's all there is to say about him. He's just evil for evils sake.

But he's so old.

Villains who only care about POWAAAH are pretty forgettable unless they counterbalance it with a great personality imo.

Other anons were right, he's good, but he's not the part that everyone remembers from Aladdin. A full villain song would've helped a lot.
>Everyone remembers Hunchback for Frollo and the sexy heroine
>Everyone remembers Little Mermaid for Ursula and the sexy heroine
>Everyone remembers Princess and the Frog for Falicier and the sexy heroine
>Everyone remembers Lion King for Scar and the sexy lions
I digress. It's not the case with every movie, obviously.

>people even brought up Dr Facilier before him.

Nigga you got a problem with Facilier? He was fuckin' great.

Movie was meh, but DAT VILLAIN THOUGH.

I love Jafar though
My top 3 villains would be Scar, Hades, Jafar
James fucking Woods man...

Patrician taste

A beautiful desert bloom such as Jasmine should be on the arm of the most powerful man in the world.

>Why is Jafar one of the least memorable Disney villains?

For me, he's actually one of the more memorable ones. Everything after Lion King in '94 is a blur, though, except for maybe Toy Story. I can't remember anything that happens in Hercules, Pocahontas, Mulan, etc.

If you don't think Jafar is top 5 you have retardation.

This.

Aladdin has the best sidekicks and best love interest by far of any Disney movie, so it can stand having a weak villain.

Did you know Jafar's voice actor actually performs as him in the broadway show?

So you're saying that everything will be fine?

Is it wrong I want to D her?

>I can't remember anything that happens in Hercules

While he is probably on the tail end of the more notable villains, we should keep in mind that there are also numerous literally whos in the Disney villain lineup like Sykes or the yodelling cowboy.

Hercules is such a mess

Though to be fair the villain is the only thing that absolutely works about it, Hades is top tier

you're a mess

No, Maleficient is bonerific. She definitely gave me a taste for wicked women.

Be honest here,

Who would you say that is a "MEMORABLE" Disney vilain?

And why Jafar wouldnt be among them?

Memorable:
>Maleficient (I would plow her)
>Scar
>Hades
>Frollo
>Gaston
>Ursula (kinda)
>Cruella daVille

You forgot the best one

How was he a villain?

Chernabog did nothing wrong.

>I can't remember anything that happens in Hercules

That's because it basically lacks a middle act. It transitions straight from the introduction sequence to the end part through an intermission song.

It's because the Animated series had a bunch of villains that were more memorable.
Mozenrath, Mechaniclese, Mirage, Abis Mal and others. Heck I even remember Abnor Mal, Abis's brother.

I'll never understand why they didn't use "Why Me" for Jafar.

youtube.com/watch?v=AU6AfCWuZKI

I can't tell if Ursula is the best or worst villain for me because the like 8 minutes of her and the eels tormenting that mermaid destroyed my dick for 20 years

Mozenrath was badass as fuck

>Aladdin
>great movie

Only when Genie was on screen. Otherwise just okay.

He just wants to fuck a teen, but there is also lust power and neither of those aspects are explored. He just wants to fuck a teen and be powerful, that's his motivation.

Like, for example, Frollo just wants to a fuck a gypsy. You'd think logically that'd make him half-Jafar, but there are several layers to that that make Jafar his bitch.

He's at least more memorable than Hans so there's that.

Nigga Jafar is top tier villain. That voice, that design. Plus he got to lay his hands on the heroine.

youtube.com/watch?v=E-399FLwmDk

Be more sensitive Sup Forums

I remember him.

>Disney will never have art this good

His motives and personality are too basic.

Because he's so old.

He didn't get a song and is in the background until the final act of the movie.
I do like Jafar for his dynamic with Iago though. They both come off like buffoons, he's not some evil mastermind scolding his dopey minions.

>he hasnt seen twisted

>Mirage
Goddamn furries fucking up children's sexuality.

>Aladdin itself is a great movie
Nah, it was the Frozen of the 90s.

BAWDY LANGWAGE!

HA!

like he said, a great movie.

he's the only memorable thing from that movie

>Excuse me? What about Second Rate?
THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

Zigzag was pretty based too, even if he was overshadowed almost completely by the One-Eyes.

I wouldn't say he was overshadowed. He had personality. The One-Eyes did not.

Jafar and Hades are the best

youtube.com/watch?v=tNa0k7nqeps

The narrative itself was what dwarfed Zigzag to the One-Eyes, but yeah. You can't top based Price.

Also, speaking of unfairly forgotten Disney villains - pic related.

That camp motherfucker was easily the best part of that movie.

Not
So
Fast
Jafar

Let's
See
How
Snake like
I
Can
Be

hisoka grows a beard.webm

that' Lion King, user. a bastardization of original story.

i have a vhs with an episode with her.