The most autistic headcanon ever

nobody asked for it, but here it is.

i've always found movies more enjoyable in groups that contextualize and lead on together with their themes. one day i decided i would create the largest head canon playlist of movies possible with as much consistant world building between them as possible. so after several months of research, watching films, and writing the explanations for how they connect and organising them together i have come up with the series of images for your enjoyment

the series stretches from the beginning of reality, follows our prehistory, mediaval times, renaissance, all the way to modern times and continues going into the future as far as possibly depicted on screen.

enjoy the list or just laugh at my ridiculous autism as i dump the entire list. whatever floats your boat

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sKZN115n6MI
imgur.com/a/OcQqr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Curate

Hipster trash detected.

I'l do both user

Wow you really put a lot of work into this.

This is kino autism. Brav

o.

quite literally years, started gradually doing this on and off since 2015 so there's probably a few recent releases that could fit in here. its all pretty rough you'll definitely notice some silly spelling errors

you should put this on an imgur gallery instead of dumping it here it would be easier to save that way

Where's rome and i, claudius?

Saving every image—great work, op

more then likely will at the end of the thread

Rome as in the HBO series? i somewhat avoided adding tv shows and instead focued on films, the later end of the series gets a bit more flexible with adding supplementary material (think the trailer featurettes from Blade Runner or the Animatrix shorts) but i wanted the majority of the entries to be feature length

It's just a bit of fun bro turn your brain off

Hey I remember you!

Glory (1963)
YOU FUCKING LOSER

i'm actually surprised somebody did, last time i posted this was a year or so ago and i've only just converted the list to a jpg form after literally a billion hours in paint haha

Is the notion that there are off-world colonies that are doing fine / part of some sort of galactic thing in a fifth element sense, but like on earth gets fucked / stuck in the matrix after the machine uprising? Does matrix lore ever suggest that? Not that it'd need to, but just curious.

Where's Seven Samurai (1586, takes place during upheavals of Sengoku Period)

nvm you address this

good point, i wanted to include the other Kurasawa films aswell like Yojimbo but i thought Japan was getting a decent amount of exposure already as it continues to be a major set piece in most eras

and thats us. now all we need is a decent film covering the 40k great crusade, Horus Heresy and contemporary settings and it will be complete

I'm not gonna read this but this is largely true, the title at least.

we don't know how the past looked. we can only assume. the past that is depicted on film is not accurate. it's filled with anachronisms. And I'm not talking about the look ("this thing did not exist back then"). They psychological aspect, how people behave, how people talk etc Every movie is like this. So yeah, human history depicted as myth in film is an accurate statement.

this level of autism isn't even laughable, it's awe-inspiring

very cool

thanks for finding the point of it all. What is history but a myth agreed upon?

>TDKR is included
Lmao

Jokes aside pretty solid list user. I'll probably swapped Exodus with Prince of Egypt or The Ten Commandments though.

oh i like you

you're similar enough and we seem to have a lot of overlap in taste, interests, and even contextual approach vectors, but i never could have imagined this was even possible, or even if i did, followed through and done it so well.

seeing shit like this is a good reminder that i am not special or "the one". you are doing gods work autistanon.

i hope you feel free, you've earned it.

but you will find something else and do more, and always get more than what you bargained for. it never ends.

the actual highest effort post ever made on this board, i'm proud of you

epic thread

Sorry dude but I'm sure you'll need to work on your 2010s graphs as Meme Magic takes over the world.

creed and skyfall cannot exist within the same universe: adonis and rocky watch the movie on tv at one point.

theres probably a few examples of this i haven't picked up on but its really a minor detail considering some of the larger mental gymnastics i had to pull to get everything to flow

Good thread, I'm keeping this tab open and I'm not a robot

You're amazing OP

cheapened Tolkien myth, Iassume you're only doing this so you can include the LoTR films in your list.
Thousands of years of events just blown through or ignored...

I'll read the rest but this is a really bad start

Is William Wallace the ancestor of Niander Wallace?

actually i included the Tolkien Myth because Tolkien intended his universe to be read as a prehistory of Earth. it has several parallels to contemporary religious and mythic symbolism so i included it as a sort of stand if for a time before time. i thought it led nicely into the Noah arc which is depicted by aronofsky as a post apocalyptic society of scavengers on a dead world

I love you

>ridley scott marathon

why would you do that to yourself? Literally only 3 good movies

This is genuinely cool as hell, OP

kek.

originally i was going to mix a list of Scott Cameron and Scorsese for a weekend and than just expanded on it.

wtf?

lol two chapters for the US civil war. Most overrated conflict in world history. Noone gives a shit but burgers...

I remember a time when we would have said you just smoked a lot of weed to come up with these kind of overreaching conglomerations instead of calling it autism. Its still a lot of fun either way.

thread music
youtube.com/watch?v=sKZN115n6MI

imgur.com/a/OcQqr

as promised an Imgur link of all the images

lel, i'm surprised you didn't catch on I was Australian given i gave Australian war movies probably more exposure then needed

could someone do a tl;dr here, idk wtf is going on right now.

I stopped reading further after the civil war chapters.

tl;dr list of historical movies women will never understand followed by a dystopian depiction of a future as seen by Phillip K Dick and Dan Obannon

Have you ever thought to yourself "haha what if these two movies were connected?" because they shared similar themes, aesthetic, etc?

Now imagine taking that too far.

Off the scale levels of autism have been harnessed and used for something good instead of memes and it's glorious

Ok, I read through the whole list, I think I was wrong about what you were going for with this.

I'm not sure I completely agree with the neo-luddite idea of evil and invention going hand in hand, but I agree that many films have themes like it and the way you put them all together in a way that makes sense is impressive. Must have taken ages.

Also, you could have just dropped the Tolkien stuff and just gone with the standard Paradise Lost backdrop.

>alien vs predator

fucking lmao this is so out of place

What's with all the nig shit?

in my view technology is less about direct gizmos and gadgets and more about direction of large masses. the printing press has done more to shape society then any one bullet or beheading has. it can be a powerful tool to change the face of the human condition, and in the wrong hands can lead to humanity becoming cattle, their emotions decided for them by their social media feed, the paths they trod literally paved for them by their masters.

Tolkien saw the same way and was why he hated windmills lel. i tried to capture what he exactly feared and depicted that by humanity gradually degrading in its freedom, its soul and later the very enviroment around them begins to crumble as the people controlling the technology do so to tighten their grasp over common men

>nu-autism

Can you post your email, or probably your blog

>ending humanity with Dune

love you OP, reading the books I had this feeling of 'this is the conclusion of humanity' and you putting that there satisfied my autistic needs.

ty for this offering bro

Good thread. A good break from all the memers and capeshitters

Best on thread on Sup Forums for years