But GoT is a great show...

You have to go back.

hopkins was great in it.
in general yes but the beginning takes a little to fire

The first episode was
Captcha: First Rose

>You have to go back.

To?

I thought it was good. but they definitely gave us the women suffer more because vagina, vs men who experience brutal deaths trope

I've not yet rewatched it.

It's lightyears better than anything else competing with it on either AMC, Showtime, or HBO. It makes an effort to do what it sets out to do well and avoids a lot of shitty, predictable (((tropes))) that many AAA shows fall victim to. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected, though I still stand by my word that Six Feet Under is the best HBO drama to ever be produced.

I think a lot of the flack Sup Forums gives it is that it caters to the mainstream film jock crowd with it's immense cast, HD quality, and larger than life sets that really just like to shake their dick at the competition. I will admit that it's still really early on in the series to be tell what it'll be like once season 4 comes around. I hope it doesn't suffer from downhill syndrome like Walking Dead and GoT both did.

no. the overwhelming praise this pizza shit got baffles me.

Nothing but a massive waste of potential. The premise interested me, the show just didn't.

>MUH STRONG WOMYN PROTAGONIST
>not shitty cliche trope

The gunfight in the last episode made me realize what a piece of shit it was. I mean, trained guards? But from the beginning, the tech is dull and uninspired visual-basic tier (webm related), and the viewer being forced to care for the robots is contrived.

>once season 4 comes around
Bait.

All story threads were good except the strong black robot who needs no human plot.

Jesus christ. How did they write a plot so fucking stupid.
>No safeguards against turning a robot AI up to maximum
>A bunch of technicians so fucking spineless it is amazing
>Strong black robot who needs no meatbag

This reads like a pasta

Autism

Pic related is one of the worst characters ever written (along with the two assclowns that allowed her to gain power).

Everyone hated that storyline because it is filled with fucking plotholes to the brim and shoddy character development.

>he actually thinks this

Jesus christ, go back to r9k

I liked the show but she was so fucking awful. I hope they wrap her story up real fucking quick. Those two goobers were just as bad.

>>No safeguards against turning a robot AI up to maximum
I'm not surprised, Hopkins' grand plan was to cultivate AI after all
Also, I might be misremembering, but wasn't Maeve, the black woman, simply following a preprogrammed plan? I got the impression her whole 'awakening' was a diversion, while the real host cultivating sentience was Dolores. I'm pretty sure that Bernard tells Maeve at one point that he can predict her next moves because she's programmed like all the other hosts, but she dismisses him.

Isn't one the goober dead? Or both? I forgot.

There where no safeguards because is was all part of the plan. And she was programmed by Walter.

>Everyone hated that storyline because it is filled with fucking plotholes to the brim and shoddy character development.

Everyone on Sup Forums you mean, when talking with people outside Sup Forums, many liked it

He's in the right place, Sup Forums isn't just for capeshit containment any more.

/lit/anons would literally commit suicide if they had to deal with showfags, they're a bunch of sad sacks.

No it wasn't because it relied on a much of techs acting like absolute morons and against their instincts to advance her plot. William's storyline was fine, Bernard's storyline was fine, Delores storyline was fine. Maeve's storyline is full retard.

show was good thanks to Anthony Hopkins and the guy who played Bernard

>Many liked it
You only need to go onto r/westworld and dig into the episode threads during the air to see how many people actually DIDN'T like it.

I mean, they are now because of Judgment Day at the OK Corral. IIRC she just did a surgical ninja strike to scare them but stabbed his neck or whatever in a way that wouldn't be lethal if immediately attended to.

You gotta have a high IQ to like this show. Sadly, people here are brainlets

Kind of hoping the next season is just Bernard/Man in Black/Chad security guy

Works for me. In the future, techs that work on robot maintenance are absolutely low-tier workers, kind of like burger flippers are now.
And what code monkeys will be in the near future
No surprise they fuck up when they're confronted with something they can't understand.

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ

>Techs are named Felix and Sylvester

Yeah, they were robots too.

czech'd

>Hurr durr this robot is threatening us, lets give it more power so it can have further leverage on us
Nah. It is shitty writing. There is no excuse for it. There is a 100 ways to execute Maeve's plotline without resorting to hamfisted characters and writing.

1/2 the folks were expecting Felix to also be a robot given how stupid he acts but turns out he is just in "love".

Twitter liked it because celebrities wanted everyone to know they love strong black women. Anywhere without a character limit it was given an A for effort at best because it was objectively the worst part of the show and of a completely different caliber of the rest of it.

If they had tried to do a scene with her or the knuckleheads and Hopkins, Hopkins would have just smirked and said "Nah. This isn't fucking happening. Cut this," halfway through the attempt.

Episodes 7-9 and their Maevewanking nearly ruined the show for me, thank god 10 pulled it back and revealed that all the improbably shit she got away with was premeditated by a more powerful third party. Also a nice subversion of the MUH STRONK WOMYN trope in that she chose to go back to the park for her child rather than escaping, maternal instinct won out over false independence.

agreed
>implying increasing raw intelligence magically inserts acquirable knowledge and practical proficiency with completely unfamiliar technical devices.

that episode ruined the show for me. Haven't watched past it and won't. Shame because it was 10/10 before this outrageously contrived dreck.

Punished Teddy is also good.
But Anthony Hopkins was really the spotlight on this show.

I was all in until about halfway through. I expect much more from an HBO show; the production value is great and the some of the performances were excellent, but the writing is abysmal.

You should have watched it to the end, episode 10 largely redeemed all that bullshit.

Watch him be back as a host for a finale twist in season 2 or 3

>And what code monkeys will be in the near future

Code monkeys are going to be nothing or everyone depending on your definition. Advanced conversational computing will make a dedicated human translator for talking to the 1s and 0s obsolete in a couple of decades. You'll have to have skills outside the patience and compliance to vomit up code and serve functions other than inputting commands in a way the computer can understand.

That must be a fucking miserable life. Eating grass, living on dirt and mud, not having the intelligence to understand what the fuck the world is like, and having birds shit on your head.

Just pretend her storyline doesn't exist or just fast forward it, it has no proper resolution or even ties into the plot.

Notice how Delores, Bernard and MiB's stories tie into each other while Maeve's firm sits outside the trio. You can enjoy the show with minimal knowledge of what happens in her story

And yet, her you are. Stupid is as stupid does.

/lit/anons would literally commit suicide if they had to discuss ASOIAF anyways

>has a completely gratuitous scene of a dyke admiring a black robot's engorged dick

What did the makers of Westworld mean by this?

Think he is done m8. He is too old for this shit and his story is done.

When I saw the two company fucks raise her intelligence on the tablet and give into her demands all I could think about was that one shitpost

>NO NO NO NO OOUHUHUH
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAAAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAAHAHH

>Robot

Pretty much the equivalent of a dyke eyeing up a vibrator.

>television
>kino
Memes aside, television shows simply can't compare to movies because the production is completely different. A season can never have the same degree of care and resources as a feature film. Individual episodes are outmatched to an even greater degree. You can hire all the Hollywood talent you want but you can't give them the same amount of time and money per hour of runtime as a movie production, and those aren't the only limitations that come with television filmmaking. Time is especially critical, shoestring budget movies can shit on high budget television because they don't have to rush things and get more value out of their resources. And don't give me that horseshit about tv having more time to flesh shit out, tv is riddled with redundant and superfluous crap.

>her

There are three ideas behind WW: twists, shock and slave no more. Which would have been fine but they put out what they want to show without adjusting everything else to balance it. As a result the world is disjointed and ungrounded. It has convoluted and seemingly smart dialogue only to end up with "just turn your brain off bro". Just few things from the top of my head: the puzzle that man in black was pursuing is objectively worthless and I don't know why he got idea that there is some value for him there; how do they keep track of thousands of guests and guarantee serviceable experience for all of them; how do they do restorations that aren't a few stitches and considering how lazy the maintenance crew is how didn't some guests get stds from others? To show you that what they say, their narrative comes before what they show: remember when there was this robo girl that the guy said looked as an actual dogshit copared to all the girls in the park? Well, where are these gorgeous girls from the park? It doesn't make sense and doesn't match what we were shown in the slightest.

I loved the first episode where they didn't go explaining stuff and digging their own grave. The more they showed the less mystery remained, the more stuff got trivialized and became worthless.

True, but he was creating his own host in that secluded cabin. I'm willing to bet good money that the writers put that in as possible alley of return for Hopkins.

Kys

Maybe as a younger version. I doubt Hopkins himself wants to come back to do more seasons.

does this look like "great writing" to you?

Genuine robot kino

Bladerunner made us question the nature of sentience more than 10 episodes of Westworld did.

Westworld has other themes going on.

>Bladerunner made us question the nature of sentience more than 10 episodes of Westworld did.

woah...its almost like...Bladerunner...came out 35 years before

Like?

that has nothing to do with it

>that has nothing to do with it

Oh yes it does

Some of the meta stuff about storylines in the show and storylines in westworld etc

Will Hopkins return for season two? He and the MIB are the best characters. I kind of like Bernard and that Mexican outlaw dude too.

Yeah. So what is this stuff?

name a better sci-fi show made in the past 5 years

pro-tip: you can't faggots

No idea yet.
Confirmed is Teddy, MiB, Bernard, Maeve and Delores since they have started filming S2.

Literally no relevance to Westworld. Just because it was done before does not mean it cant be done now. Pulse it not a tv show.

Stranger Things

Its not like there is many 'big' sci-fi got made the past 5 years? The one in my mind aside from Westworld are The Expanse and Person of Interest.

I wish HBO could make more of these

GTFO that show was absolute shit. The only good actor on that show was the kid with down syndrome with the trucker hat.

Then why is it robot kino?

Welp, I already forget that one

Lmao. This is rich coming from the show with Maeve in it. If they didn't have the Maeve plotline, Westworld would be the best. Too bad Maeve plotline is so vomit inducingly bad, it dragged the entire show down.

Is next season going to be Samari world or Rome world in this show?

Westworld for now it seems. The cast are posting on instagram while filming and their outfits still look largely western and the trailer gives no hints of either of the story going to those 2 worlds.

Fuck, then it's already done. Yeah Maeve plot was stupid. Not to mention the big reveal at the end of how it was two different time periods.

Actually, /lit/ has generals now. They're still a bunch of know-it-all grumpybutts, but they can occasionally have a thread about trashy pop fiction without it turning into the thread equivalent of a drawing of a trolley raping you.

Why can't I just care if they are robot?
It's like any films about artificial sentient being loses its point for me?
The moment I know they're artificial I stop caring, I don't know why.
Westworld, Blade Runner, Ex Machina, I just dont give a shit.

I do care for aliens tho.

They only just started filming and they plan to have the first half of the season done before christmas so don't give up hope yet.

I was hoping the season finale would at least show us a glimpse of the infamous shrink ray but no.

because robots in our time are tools. They are not alive. They are computers and only do what their operators tell them. Do you go to disney world and feel bad when you see the animatronics and think they are slaves? No. because they are not alive like a living animal. They are there for your enjoyment. Just like west world robots.

BR had real people though, just manufactured.

Legion, idiot.

Enjoyable, but not kino.

According to IMDB, season 2 will feature Samuraiworld but not Romanworld. Can't find the original source, though.
imdb.com/title/tt6243294/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

HBO is missing an opportunity by not doing Romanworld. They could bring back the actors from Rome and have a quasi reunion.

above average show from the master of try-harder