K Perkins Returns To DC In April, Writing Superwoman Monthly Comic

TV/film writer/producer Kate Perkins – or K Perkins – has written a batch of DC New 52 Superbooks, including the Crucible storyline with Mike Johnson in Supergirl, and solo on the Superman/Wonder Woman annual and one of the Vertigo SFX Quarterly volumes.

And as of April it appears that she is joining the DC Rebirth line, taking over from Phil Jimenez on Superwoman, the adventures of Lana Lang given superpowers and trying to live up to the legacy of Lois Lane who died under the same name.

Drawn by Stephen Segobia and Art Thibert, April’s issue kicks off a new series, Superwomen with Lana Lang meeting up with the Pre-52 version of Lois Lane. SUPERWOMAN #9
Written by K. PERKINS • Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and ART THIBERT • Cover by BILLY TAN • Variant cover by RENATO GUEDES

“SUPER WOMEN” part one! In this story tying in to “Superman Reborn Aftermath,” Lois Lane and Lana Lang find themselves reunited at last! Along with the Man of Steel, their reunion is cut short by the return of Cannon and Saber, who arrive to wreak havoc on the newly restored Metropolis. The mantle of Superwoman will be decided in this debut chapter of “Super Women”!

On sale APRIL 19 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T bleedingcool.com/2017/01/23/k-perkins-returns-dc-april-writing-superwoman-monthly-comic/

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/2L2YRshlr1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cool, I really liked her Supergirl run. Can't be worse than Jimenez in any case.

New to DC but who ?

Oh thank god. I look forward to the Lois/Lana relationship being explored.

Cool, should be a better read than what we've been getting so far.

It literally says right there, dumbass.

damn, wonder who's gonna be replacing Segovia on action Comics.

Probably Tony Daniel. He recently announced that he is leaving Justice League.

Based DC, having all the hot female comic book creators.

>DC Comics: The Most Fuckable Comics Publisher?

Huh, wonder why Jimenez is leaving? Superwoman seemed like a personal project

Perkins' Supergirl was good so I'm looking forward to this though

He teaches at an art school in New York and he's rumored to be working on something else, so I bet it's for time management reasons. I'm sure DC isn't too broken up about it since the book's sales are so bad.

It's true
Have you seen Geoff

Yeah, he's working with Geoff johns on the watchmen storyline apparently

He's solicited for skwad

D C h a d s
C
h
a
d
s

Sorry i dont used IG instagram.com/p/2L2YRshlr1/

Good for her... Hope she can turn the book around...

have you seen Marguerite Bennett

oh ya imma cum

That was BEFORE. for now see

Wow if you switch from Marvel to DC you lose like 150lbs.

The DChads meme is real

Perkins wrote my favorite Supergirl of New 52

Same. Also a decent Kon before he went to limbo.

Is she a lesbian?

Jamie Lee Curtis?

I though she was only taking over temporarily? She can't do a worse job than Jimenez, Superwoman is easily the worst Rebirth title.

That's not Blue Beetle

So how can she save SuperWoman?

Blue Beetle is the most disappointing, we were promised crazy Jaime and Ted Blue Beetle team-up. Instead we got a kinda boring Jaime does stuff and Ted says stuff over the radio series.

Superwoman has been bad. Page after page after page of monotonous, tedious and completely unnecessary dialogue and an arc that's dragged on way too long with nothing really happening.

On one hand I'm glad it's probably going to get better. On the other hand I was kind of looking forward to saving a bit of money by dropping it.

>the Crucible storyline

Lesbian Maxima just completely misses the point though.
She's supposed to be a Rape Lady from Space, looking for prime breeding stock.