Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Stan

Stan was right. Life is pretty shitty and wanting to dull the pain of reality with drugs and alcohol is the correct choice.

Stan for sayng that he loved Kyle

Stan.

Just because you have autism/aspergers doesn't mean you have license to treat everyone like shit without consequences. If people don't want to hang with you because you act like a douche then that's their choice and you have no control over it.

But I can see how the majority of Sup Forums would disagree with that assertion.

But user! Autists aren't rude, they just "miss social cues!"

Holding them accountable for their behavior is ableism.

Both were but both were making a shitty life bearable when you think about it Stan just accepted it more. Kyle and everyone tried to handle how Stan was handling things with shitty movies and everything else they did while Stan turned to substance abuse. Kyle doesn't like confrontations either so he's a massive cuck.

Despite being purported super best friends, they were both incredibly shitty to each other, and haven't come even close to being the same since. Who was wrong? Trey and Matt obviously.

RIP the one good BrOTP that was left

so we are just ignoring that kyle took part in a pedophillic food enterprise that involved shoving burgers up little boys asses?

stan just hit the depressed stage of puberty a bit too early and fell into a crowd of matrix wannabes, but come now, who here HASN'T had a similar experience?

>stan just hit the depressed stage of puberty a bit too early

No, he was diagnosed with autism in that very episode which was the source of his shitheaded behavior.

lol Sup Forums is full of literal autists that dont get jokes what a surprise.

they were spoofing the over-diagnosis of autism in todays society (much like they did with ADD in the timmy and phil collins episode). stan just hit a period in his life that many young men do, and he was misdiagnosed and put into therapy with hopeless adults rather than just forced to learn how to enjoy life as a man. look at randy, he wasnt there for his son in that episode, he was too busy farting into microphones.

>tfw grow up to be Stan in this episode
>tfw no idea how to stop it
Please help

stop consuming media and start being a man. do something with your hands. work on cars, mow the lawn, write a short story, try sports. your brain is no longer stimulated by childish things like cartoons and video games.

think of it as a blessing, not a curse. imagine being a 30 year old man posting on Sup Forums about your favorite cartoon girl from some lame early 2000's nicktoon.

>"imagine"

Is this the episode where drunk Stan busts through a window in full Matrix costume and shoots up the joint?

That was damned hilarious.

I'm starting to see similarities in this episode and the ginger cow one.

idk man, stick of truth. even the one black friday ep where kyle feels really bad for stan getting grounded and almost betraying him

granted season 19 and 20 kinda blew that apart again

>start being a man
Stopped reading here. If you knew how to be a man, you wouldn't be on a weeb image board.

>so we are just ignoring that kyle took part in a pedophillic food enterprise that involved shoving burgers up little boys asses?
what...
how the fuck did you get pedophilia out of cartman burger

inb4 C.S. Lewis quote.

Actual autist here. The best approach to dealing with someone who has autism and is being an asshole is to to very calmly, and in a level tone, tell them that they are being a jerk and exactly what they are doing that is pissing you off.

They ARE accountable for their behavior. But they largely don't realize what it is they are doing that is making you mad, and sometimes they do stuff to try and make things better which just makes things worse (he seems bored, how can I salvage this? I know! I'll talk about SPACE. I like SPACE, so I bet he likes SPACE too!).

The trick is to convey the information without coming off like you are angry at them or insulting them. If you are too aggressive, they will respond to the aggression instead of the information. Which means either getting defensive, or retreating from the conversation. Neither of which is good for learning what they did wrong and doing better next time.

If they actually want to improve as a person, they will be open to criticism. You have to be in order to learn what behavior to change so you can function in society.

But if you calmly explain to them what they are doing wrong and they flip shit at you, there probably isn't anything more you could have done. Some people are autistic, some people are assholes, and it turns out some people get to be both.

Kyle because he's a fucking jew

Both. Stan for being an ass and Kyle for being quick to abandon Stan.

Hillary Clinton and the mainstream media

I was wondering when this would turn into "yet another Sup Forums SP thread"
there it is

I think really he means "start being productive".

Being jaded by everything is bullshit. There's so much you can do in this world and if you really have lost interest in consuming media then it would be the perfect chance to create your own.

as another autistic person(thankfully of the really mild sort) this is accurate

Yeah, I'm thankfully high-functioning too.

I guess that's another thing worth mentioning: autism is a pit, and not all pits are dug equally deep. Some people are in a shallow enough hole that they can climb out themselves, others needs a little help.

But some are just too far down, and you can't reach them.

There's no harm in giving people the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to improve and change, but not everyone who fails is doing so for lack of trying.

Stan/Kyle or Tweek/Craig

look deep inside your heart and youll find the clear answer, user

sometimes you gotta take all the bad in
you gotta take all the shit, all the misery, the fact that you were born in a messed up world and were doomed to it from the start and you never got a choice to even fuck your life because that choice was made by everyone else instead and you are stuck paying the price of thousands of years of shitty humans
you gotta do it because its there and it will always be there no matter what and it wil always slow you down and it will always weight a bit too much
and if you dont know what its like then you dont know what is like to be human, we tell ourselves to walk fowards but all we can do is run in circles and then we die without ever knowing why we lived in the first place

i decided to really commit to drawing las week and really bust my ass for a whole day
the next day i couldnt do much because i was too burned out
the day after i struggled to pick up a pencil, no matter how much i stared at the papper all that came out was this intense shitty feeling, i just wanted to die, i ended up dragging myself to mcdonalds for a mountain of food that cant even make me feel any better
your advice is pretty worthless, everyone knows thats what you are suppossed to do but the problem is being able to do it at all
i will keep struggeling with everything i do and i will keep having absolutely miserable days no matter how old i get thats my burden

Thank you, user.

But he does

Both

dude those things arent relecvaant anymore, thats 2016

Don't burn yourself out on the first day you dummy, take it slow and grow into it.

it always happens thats the point user
it doesnt always take a day, hell it can take a couple months
but i always crash and burn and it all goes to shit
and i go back to spending all day in bed trying to sleep for weeks

i wanna bet someone $10 that clyde is a fujoshi in FbW

you know one of those hidden yaoi pictures is gonna be on him or in his house or something

Well he did go to the art show where all the fujos were selling their yaoi. I think it's pretty funny and cute that he'd have this kind of low-key interest in the material.

> Clyde into shota

Hnng. Hes the best boy

I loved him as the cocky, jock, douchebag. Cute as fuck. Knowing that he's into boysu ravu just makes him even better.

>he's actually just into being lowkey NTR'd
he made craig his head henchman for nothing

exactly! i really hope he has as good a role in the new game as stick of truth, and i'm always down for episodes focusing on him or craig (although somehow they made it so fucking stan needs an episode desperately too)

Me

Well he was kind of billed up to be the big bad in the last game. Just sucks there wasnt a lot of that.

Always.

Kyle, for not being a good bro and using Stan boipussy, like he obviously wanted.

Nah, he's better as the crybaby he is.

I like both sides of him.

.. wait. That whole arc was about people with autism / Asperger being a dick and wanting a pass for it? It flew over my fucking head if so.

I dont think that was the message. If it was then it was a pretty convoluted way to do it. Stan didnt even have that kind of disability and none of the people afflicted by it even had those things. We also didnt see anyone but Stan acting like an asshole.

>nobody will ever tell me what i'm doing wrong and i'll continue to be socially isolated forever
feels fuckin awful, man

I say half way through season 18 up to now has just been a spiral down. 19 just gets love because SP was the only show challenging the progressive movements.

19 gets love because it was genuinely great. It was funny, clever, to the point, different from everything they've done, and was the best example of how to properly do an overarching plot structure without making the season feel like one big ass dragging episode like season 20. If anything some people are now trying bring down 19 when it was so good except for maybe the ending, just because 20 was such a molten hot mess.

I can't agree with most of that. More so the "different from everything they've done" half the episodes were treading ground of older episodes. PC Principle was rather over due to happen since they hadn't done a big change of the school crew/class since season 12.
Really most of the issues and flaws of South Park go back to season 11 when imagination land was done, followed by the even stranger season 14 mutli episode it really shows we should have seen the disaster that was season 20 coming.
That all said 19 wasn't the worse or second worse it was just a big decline in quality. Start of season 18 look promising but it just started overlapping in bad ways and PewDiePie guest appearance. Not that it was PewDiePie but the fact that this use to be the creative team that would give throw away bit rolls that obscured the guest star even being there and they now actually have guest stars that take up not one but two episodes. It was just a big sign that the team lost the magic they had and each episode has been a build up of this mountain of shit.

You cant say half the season was a retread without naming at least a few. And by different from everything else i mostly meant the season long story structure where events lead up to and carry over from the past. As far as i'm concerned 19 was probably the biggest boost in quality for me. So many jokes worked, pretty much every episode was funny and entertaining. And really i'd say it was all around way better than 18, which i didnt even think of as starting all that good, 19 started off strong and only got better up until the very end where people have mixed views on it.

>And by different from everything else i mostly meant the season long story structure where events lead up to and carry over from the past.
It was and it wasn't new. most of the early seasons built off each other it was just not as obvious. They started to lose that talent and now each episode broadcasts it was part of an older episode. And eighteen as bad as it was arch together more than 19 did. It's topics just weren't as "preachy"
>As far as i'm concerned 19 was probably the biggest boost in quality for me.
See to me it was just a cash down and felt like Family Guy levels of "let's bitch about the world and not even in a clever way" it was just a sour note showing that they became so topical that you could predict episodes that came after it.
>And really i'd say it was all around way better than 18
Wouldn't argue that, like I stated half way through 18 just went to trash but it being better than 18 isn't saying much, and again I feel it's support was short of Family Guy it was the only show attacking topics like PC, safe space, and the like.

>that feel when Family Guy was the only show that had a reasonable and good commentary on black lives matter.
What an age we live in.

You have depression user, go see a doctor.

>most of the early seasons built off each other it was just not as obvious
Such as? At most i can only recollect maybe a reference or two and it usually wasnt in a way that clearly was influenced by the events from previous ones.

And maybe you felt that way but i thought it was a pretty nice change of pace. SP has always been a topical show and i dont understand why people act like it was ever anything different. The show basically started as a way to voice their opinions without even necessarily offering something other than pointing it out and laughing at the people invested in the subject.

And i wouldnt just say it was better than 18 honestly i'd put it up there was one of the best. I can think of few season that was filled with such consistently funny episodes that built up in such a satisfying way.

South Park has always been very lore heavy and major changes stuck around. Remember we had a whole season that Kenny's soul was trap in Cartman and it built off for a season final. Even then simple things like change of teachers, and change of status quo was very common in early seasons and we didn't hit a strange stagnation till post season 12
And I feel the best seasons were 3 and 12. Season 19 is somewhere far lower.

That season with Kenny was probably the most it's done and even then i feel it wasnt as good or executed as well as it was in 19. Granted changes did tend to stick around but i wouldnt call that the same as what those overarching seasons accomplish. I mean just comparing episode per episode i'd have to place 19 toward the top 2-3 easily for me.

>black people are innocent
>rich white men are racist
No, it didn't
Go home commie we're making America great again

Stan/Kyle BROTP
Tweek/Craig OTP

user the season before that was living without Kenny. That was the over arching plot with them voting butters

You keep saying "for me" which is telling that you are less interested in a critical eye of this and you are just carrying a torch.

I take it you didn't really watch the episode? Also Petwersmitt has been a confirmed racist since season 2.

No i'm saying that because that's really all that this boils down to. Thus far nothing has been an objective statement of fact in terms of the quality. And i find it pretty funny you thought it was something else.

I know.

Pretty much my thinking, yeah.

Best answer

m pretty sure i dont have depression because i had depression in thet past and it was 100 times worse
this is just who i am

Kyle for not taking Stan's bigger, longer, and uncut like he clearly wanted to give him.

That's no way to live

thats what i have to live with tho
i cant control all the shit that happened to me and i cant control the fallout
all i can do is make the best of what i got

South Park didn't even do anything besides Cartman's shirt and I guess the national anthem stuff

shipping is obnoxious. i guess at least the latter is canon

There was a guy with aspergers in my high school who blamed everything he did on his condition. And what he did included shouting racist words in the hallways, being a creep with pretty much every girl in school, skipping school 3/5 days a week, stealing and selling students' computers, you know the deal.

He didn't even get suspended when the police came to the school and he admitted to stealing computers because the principal was afraid he'd start a shitstorm.

Sounds like Chris Chan.

How many crimes has he committed and gotten off scott free thanks to his public defender using the "disability" card?

Autists are cancer.

>Sounds like Chris Chan.

That guy is like the walking, talking definition of Autism.

If anyone ever asks you what autism is, just direct them to Chris Chandler. He's like the Spectrum's poster boy.

sounds like a darkie

You have depression. Probably just manifested differently for whatever reason. I was in a similar depressive state just recently. Couldnt finish any art for 2 years, and slowly started falling into some sort of "sleep forever all the time" shit. I had the same crash and burn shit too. Finally went to see my psychiatrist with an entire damn written list on a yellow piece of notebook paper of all the shit that was wrong with me. I'm on new medication now.

At first I was thinking you must be nuts for not realizing you're depressed, but of course, duh, you're probably not in the best state of mind right now. You know what you need to do? You better work, bitch. No more excuses. Get your ass to the phone and set an appointment. Right now, motha!

You can still enjoy the things you like from time to time user that is what they call an inner child. The problem is you're being too hedonistic and drowning yourself in the things that once brought you great joy but like any high the more you experience it the more of a tolerance you get until you take a break for awhile. You need to branch out and do other things I post on Sup Forums while I sit on the toilet and when there are venture brothers live threads cause those are a very rare experience. It's like the other anonmoose said just try new experiences your brain needs new ways to cope with the futility of life you crave more out of it than comics cartoons and games and that is perfectly normal you should start working on it. Modern society acts like this Is a bad things, cause treating a animal likr a child up into mid adulthood makes a more docile animal/populous. Tldr: don't loose your inner child but don't be a fucking man child try new shit.

Last time I was on medication I attempted suicide
I don't expect you to understand, understanding other people it's pretty much impossible because there are decades of shit you need to know
I failed enough times to finally accept that that's just they way it goes
Not every problem has a solution and sometimes people go through more than they can handle, maybe someone else would do better than me, maybe you could do better than me but I'm me, I'm not you

shipping is retarded but i'm a huge, huge sucker for brotps

how big a fag does that make me

Then fuck off, I guess. I don't need flashback shit. Back on topic now.

One of my best friends is at least mildly autistic. When he first met me in highschool he was nigh intolerable. Would talk about pokemon 24/7 was incapable of listening to your side of a conversation and made it obvious that he was just shutting off his brain til there was a 1 second pause in speech so he could go back to talking about pokemon. I hated him but my friends wanted to give him a chances so whenever I was around him I would just point shit out.
"The conversation was about landscapes, it has nothing to do with mario." "I know you're not listening, repeat the gist of what I just said" "don't cut people off when they're talking"

After a year I found I was starting to enjoy his company more and more. The social ineptitude or atleast the annoying parts of it began to fade and what was left was one a guy with some of the most interesting perspectives you could find on any subject and an amazing listener. Years later he's probably one of the people I respect the most. Still has weird or funny quirks but he's aware of them and they serve him more than they harm him now. Looking back at things we had specifically discussed that up until he met our group of friends, he couldn't get people to hang out with him because he was weird af which stopped him from getting the social experiance to help correct his issues.

It's unfortunate that the general public is too "autistic" to think that people can improve if you give them an honest effort.

>Stan didnt even have that kind of disability and none of the people afflicted by it even had those things.
That's probably what they were going for. People who like to think they don't have any mental or emotional problems tend to claim that people who DO have those problems are just making them up. Apparently it's all a conspiracy by bad people who want an excuse to do bad things because they're bad. Or so they say, because it's easier than actually understanding or addressing things that aren't obvious.