Memes aside this movie was awful

Memes aside this movie was awful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw&ab_channel=WhySoAnimated
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>this song was not in the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw&ab_channel=WhySoAnimated

I hadn't seen it. Just how bad was the plot OP?

It's the Lorax, but dumb downed, and considering it was already a children's book, it's not surprising it was shit.

Oh c'mon. How bad can it be?

Okay, here's how bad. There's a man, locked inside a room with no windows, no lights, no television, no radio. Totally isolated, the only sound his own heartbeat and the occasional drip of water. His clothes are all made of rough wool. The floor is razor-sharp pebbles. His own urine coats the walls and floor. The walls are lined with pinpricks. The only mattress in his room is made of his own hair and excrement.

In short, the guy is locked inside a Holiday Inn.

We took him out, showed him this movie and he went back into his room, disgusted at the world outside.

Really shit songs, plot jumps around like it had extreme ADHD. /ss/ lust, lots of ugly characters, takes the message of the orginal and then uses the Lorax to sell cars and pancakes. This movie was an insult to the original.
Only thing good out of it was Onceler fanart because I'm a filthy fangirl. I do still enjoy How Bad Can I Be from time to time.

Never deny the memes my friend

i remember the lorax differently.

memes aside Illumination is awful

can't wait to see how they manage to make a worse Grinch movie than the Jim Carrey one

HOW BAD ME BE

fuck Illumination Entertainment

How could they have possibly this close to making something genuinely good and then still fuck up everything.

>fangirl
Marry me.

truth be, I wouldn't place blame on Illumination. The original draft was suppose to be dark, it was Universal who pretty much said, Lets throw in celebrities to voice the other characters, and make commercials and make the movie end on a high note.

didn't this movie have some /ss/ that could actually happen?

YOU GREEDY DIRTBAG

>Only thing good out of it was Onceler fanart because I'm a filthy fangirl.

It was hilarious the way the fangirls harassed the VAs about Oncest.

Audrey a qt.

>Memes.

You mean that "X but Y" tumblr meme that's jumped a few mediums?

She was designed that way. This is how they get you.

I would rather I went the rest of my life without seeing this video. At least then I could pretend that this was a corporate effort from the ground up, engineered to suck.

Now I have to live knowing that there were real artists that put their time and effort into this piece of shit.

the storyboard is not official peanuthead

How this movie got made is fucking beyond me. I get that Hollywood is creatively bankrupt, but for fucks sake they were handed a moral on a silver platter and they still fucked it up.

Bad doesn't even begin to describe this movie, though if you blasted "tone-deaf" from a fucking mile-wide foghorn you'd get close considering how much they missed the mark not only within the movie itself but with the advertising.

Me and my friends still laugh at the fucking Lexus ad, I still can't believe that shit is real even though I know for a fact that it is because there was no actual interest in environmentalism with this idiotic adaptation. Like christ, what was the message?

"Be kind to the environment (but not too kind because cars are nice)"? Great message, there.