Why does Batman's cowl look more like a cat's head than a bat's head? Is he a Catman now?

Why does Batman's cowl look more like a cat's head than a bat's head? Is he a Catman now?

Because we need to change his costume for toys/other merch. Guarantee he has like 3 other looks.

But his cowl looks horrible.

Angle is bad first of all, and they don't look that awful.

But I might be blinded from how bad Flash and Cyborg look.

How can you question Batman when flash looks like he came from the new Power Ranger movie and Cyborg looks like a gaming computer?

Not saying it isnt, ears look shit

Flash looks great

Flash is over textured to hell.

so this is the movie that says that this is the crime syndicate earth? and we get the real versions of the heroes after this?

>MUSCLE GUY
>MUSCLE GUY
>MUSCLE GU...MACHINE
>Some actress

Nothing can make up for the shit casting.

I fucking wish. Crime Syndicate would have redeemed everything.

That is true, and that's the real problem not the motorcycle plates

The people making the DC movie-verse aren't that smart or creative.

They're smarter and more creative. That's the problem. Fans want the same shit. That's why they want these new takes to be the Crime Syndicate.

When is the fucking trailer coming out already?

This meme is as tired as the one where Eisenberg was actually playing Lex Luthor's son.

Don forget the joker is actually Jason todd

Welcome to Batman.

not as tired as the
>DCEU IS ACTUALLY GREAT AND IS TOO SMART FOR NORMIEMARVELFAGS, ONLY BECAUSE MARVEL IS POPULAR, AND DC IS ALSO POPULAR BUT LESS SO, SO I HAVE TO PRETEND TO LIKE IT BECAUSE IM A HIPSTER DOUCHEBAG WHO CANT ADMIT ITS NOT A COMPETITION BETWEEN COMPANIES
meme

No one is really expecting the CS thing to happen dumbass, we're just pointing out that it would have been a better setup than what we're getting

>we're just pointing out that it would have been a better setup than what we're getting

No it wouldn't, everyone is just balking at the mildest bit of edge on their Justice League for some reason.

What if people just like DCEU? Are they allowed that?

Iron Man 3 is probably the only actually good MCU movie so far. BvS ruled, Man of Steel was OK, Suicide Squad was fun if not good, but you could say that about almost every marvel movie as well.

Because "long ears are too silly" and "Frank Miller like short ears"

It's not a competition, but I honestly think MoS is a great movie. If there was no other Superman movie in history, people would have embraced it wholesale.

It gets hammered for these beats that might make sense in the narrative - like "Maybe" - that grind against the collective public sense of who Superman should be. This doesn't happen when Robert Downey Stark isn't an alcohlic.

Long ears are shit and people only like them because they because they got into comics from the Arkham games. Middle to short is the only way to go.

Cyborg is kinda of growing on me.

im not trying to say you cant like it. but liking something is only a fraction of a quality indicator. i love batman and robin, but i can admit all of its flaws and why most people dont like it. i do the same for the mcu, i just think they pass more criteria to be quality than what warners has come up with so far.

i agree with you, example the burton batman movies. they're shitty batman movies, and just ok movies, but the world loved every minute of it. man of steel just didnt work for me, i wasnt entertained, and the majority of the plot/look/action/etc were kinda overwhelming in a negative.
and i agree with you on the iron man thing, they went a different path from an important character flaw. but i see the difference as, they made a change, people liked it, and they explanded on their version. with superman, most people didnt like thier interpretation, and in BvS, they doubled down and even more people hated it.

This is gonna be so bad, lol

>example the burton batman movies. they're shitty batman movies, and just ok movies

Batman Returns is the best Batman movie and I won't hear otherwise.

Cyborg looks like a futuristic Bonsall slave.

Yeah, let's go hashtag Justice Sucks on twitter.

>bondage slave

Get a life, nerd.

I think MoS was more polarizing than tepidly received. People dug it, or they want to find the masters and burn the thing out of existence. It evokes strong feelings.

At the same time, i don't think WB will be fucking around with much more of this 'Deconstruction' business. I'm sure they want at least one broad, general, 'JJ Abrams'-level crowdpleaser with Cavill.

I loved all that about MoS. It doesn't feel like any other movie, it feels very, very characteristically its own thing. The OST is one of my single favorite pieces of music, too, and it gives the movie the feel of a weird percusso-electro/ metal folk/rock opera.

Wow you're such a cool guy, user

>On other member of the Justice League is missing from this pic: Henry Cavill's Superman, who carked it at the end of Dawn Of Justice. But death is like a loss of form - merely temporary. "Superman does play a big part in this movie," teases Snyder. "His presence and lack of presence, are big story points..." You can't keep a good Man Of Steel down.

You can't even insult someone without sounding like a faggot, there's no hope for you.

Where's this from? Also I heard someone on twitter say the trailer is dropping on Friday, any truth to this?

From the side panel on the magazine
Heard nothing about Friday

I'm sure a cool guy like you can do anything for us nerds.

Its a good movie with batman in it, but its not a batman movie

I just dont think they can dig themselves out of the deconstruction hole and make it seem organic.

Also i like the soundtrack too. Zimmer has only fucked up a few times ...COUGHAMAZINGSPIDERMAN2COUGH.... Ugh, sorry. Think im getting a cold.

This has always been the dumbest argument. "It didn't focus on the aspects of Batman I deem important so it's disqualified from being a Batman film"

We'll see. I think they can, as long as they engage the audience and manage to hit a tonal sweet spot. No-one really cares about contradictions in the MCU, for example. People complain about them, but it's forgiven.

As far as Supes goes? The resurrection of him would seem a pretty obvious way to justify a personality shift.

>COUGHAMAZINGSPIDERMAN2COUGH

hahaha. I wasn't big on it either, man.

maybe they're getting ready for Injustice Year One

honestly Cavill as an angry despot dictator Supes is more believable with his constant diarrhea face

It misses the core of the character, its just a good movie that plays with a few of the character names and looks

Tonal contradictions or story ones?

Technically that's not false, the Lex Luthor in that universe has a father who is also called Lex Luthor

How does Batman Returns miss the core of Batman?

LOLLLLLLL
>We could sell dry stale poop and make millions
>we should spend 500 million making new wet poop that nobody wants to buy
>smarter
>more creative

its about a murderer who gives away his secret identity to any pussy he gets (pun intended). he's not a smart detective, he doesnt lurk in the shadows, he doesnt use his martial arts skills and superior strategy to dispatch of his foes non-lethally. he just kinda dresses like batman in a rubber muscle suit and figures out the penguin is a bad guy when he sees him do bad things.

i still agree that its a great movie though.

I can't get over how bad the Flash suit is.

batman's cowl never looked like a bat head
the closest it ever got was stan lee's re-imagining of batman
Hank Venture's bat costume from south america looks more like a bat than batman's ever has

Cyborg looks so fucking stupid. I feel really bad for his actor.

I'm really hyped for it.

I loved Ben Affleck as Batman. I'm totally okay with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (not like super excited, but fine with); really excited for Ezra Miller as the Flash; and I could care less about Cyborg, but I do still prefer him over Martian Manhunter and Hal Jordan so whateves.

I'm keen for Steppenwolf as the villain, and I'm excited for the return of Lex and Superman. I know I'm the only one who liked Eisen-Lex, but fuck it I'm seeing the movie for me not for you guys.

>its about a murderer who gives away his secret identity to any pussy he gets (pun intended). he's not a smart detective, he doesnt lurk in the shadows, he doesnt use his martial arts skills and superior strategy to dispatch of his foes non-lethally. he just kinda dresses like batman in a rubber muscle suit and figures out the penguin is a bad guy when he sees him do bad things.
That's quite literally the case with every single depiction of batman on film.

which is why i dont call any live action batman movie a batman movie. mask of the phantasm is the only theatrically released batman movie that is a batman movie.

Only OG Batman had a cowl that looked remotely like bat ears.

Hope the trailer is coming out Friday, definitely want to see something spectacular.

NO! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Ok Im calling shenanigans! This has to be a shill/paid post, SHENANIGANS! NO ONE is ever "keen" on fucking Steppenwolf

Half this thread is shitposts

autism

The trailer will be out soon and hopefully answer the question: Has WB cucked Snyder? Or is he still making Kino magic despite an ungrateful public?

Riiiight. Because Steppenwolf was in everyones top 5, no, 10 villains people wanted to see headline in the first JL movie. When in the hell has anyone given a flying fuck about Darkseids uncle?

What's wrong with it? It looks more ear-like than the horns we got in Nolan's movies.

my guess is the trailer's out either at the Superbowl or Skull Island's release. Small chance it ships with Lego Batman.

It's going to be a crowd-pleaser, like the Comic-Con trailer. We probably won't be able to reasonably infer it's quality from it. I'm still cautiously optimistic Snyder can make another great superhero film even if WB forced him and Terrio to write in Whedon quips.

>It's going to be a crowd-pleaser, like the Comic-Con trailer

Yeah but they'll at least have some action to show. I want to see how they interact in motion, that's the real important aspect to me.

If it were me I might not have picked Steppenwolf. But Steppenwolf is really legit for introducing Darkseid and the other New Gods.

HAIL SNYDRA

Its needless cockteasing really.
>JL with Steppenwolf
>Parademon Invasion!
>JL with Darkseid
>Parademon invasion!......again
Moreover, why not just do a 4th World movie featuring Orion vs Darkseid, THEN do JL vs Apokolips?

He's slowly becoming Owlman

His Parademon suit is pretty much straight up Owlman with the goggles and a more swept back top that looks more like a owl head crest.

Really want to see Snyder's version of superpowered team battles.

It'll be more crumbling buildings and 9/11 imagery and butt-ugly greenscreen backgrounds.

BvS managed to take a Trinity battle and suck all the life out of it, and somehow Snyder thought that removing civilians was the way to fix it instead of

>punch
>punch
>punch
>punch into building
>punch
>punch

going on forever.

The Trinity battle ruled all. Wonder Woman fucking shit up with sword and shield, Batman finessing Doomsday with the grappling hook, and Superman/Doomsday heat vision face off were all awesome. The finale where Wonder Woman lassos Doomsday, then Batman hits hit with the kryptonite gas, then Superman stabs him through the heart with the kryptonite spear before was magical, especially when Superman has sacrifice his life to deliver the killing stroke.

I kind of hope John's twist to save this mess is to turn the films we've seen so far into the Flashpoint bullshit Earth that gets fixed later on.

>You can't keep a good Man Of Steel down.

Huh. They let Cavill go.

I still think this movie's going to be a disaster on the scale of The Adventures of Pluto Nash.

BvS was already the Battlefield Earth of the decade.

What will the JL movie be when BvS already won the crown?

No, BvS was a critical failure and underperformed at the box office, but it still made a decent amount of money. Battlefield Earth was one of the biggest bombs in Hollywood history.

I think Justice League bombing is a possibility, though. It will all depend on how good Wonder Woman is. If Wonder Woman sucks then that's going to be one turd too many and I think JL will bomb.

Anyone thinking BvS was as bad as that is nuts.

Fuck you, Kelley Jones Batman is the best Batman.

totally BvS was 1000 times worse than Battlefield Earth

You blind.

So this is the Justice League. This is not only the culmination of my hopes and dreams from watching the JL cartoon, but also the legacy of my father's hopes and dreams from reading about them since his childhood in the 60's.
This is what it has all come down to. The greatest cinematic even since The Lord of the Rings.
I'd weep, had I any tears left to shed.

>but also the legacy of my father's hopes and dreams from reading about them since his childhood in the 60's.

It'll be a crushing blow to have a bad JL movie after already having a whiny little bitch for a kid. I feel sorry for your dad.

Hey, at least it wasn't me who paid to go see Man of Steel. It was him. He's suffered enough.

Waiting on this goddamned trailer forever now.

Three awkward Cosplayers and a RealDoll.

I like Steppenwolf...

>So this is the Justice League. This is not only the culmination of my hopes and dreams from watching the JL cartoon, but also the legacy of my father's hopes and dreams from reading about them since his childhood in the 60's.

Oh my God, faggot shut the help up. It's just a movie you sad cunt

But is it just a movie user? Or is it perhaps something more?

Yes, it's the destruction of the DCCU brand as well.

I wish they would sell WW realdolls.

Gadot always looks so awkward in these shots.

Also does the entirety of this movie take place underground in cement corridors?

I doubt it. This shit will print money

They're in the batcave somewhere ready to do their weekly orgy.