Dinosaur animated shows and movies thread

Dinosaur animated shows and movies thread

Most based dinosaur edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jkh3sknNnkI
youtube.com/watch?v=gy7fO2i9y94
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is my generation an anomaly? Do most generations not love dinosaurs?

I like to imagine what it'd be like to fuck a dinosaur.

This thread either dies prematurely or devolves into arguments between people with half the facts and none of the facts regarding dinosaur evolution, which shall it be?

The Good Dinosaur is very underrated.

>tfw the dinosaurs you grew up with are no longer real dinosaurs

Feathers ruined dinosaurs forever.

nigga wat

fuck off and die pls

They are they just depicted them incorrectly
I know right? they also say they walk upright instead of being sluggish lizards.
Next they will be saying humans were capable of eating!

Do you think any of the dinosaurs would have tasted good? Like particularly tasty.

Remember when some canadians made a TMNT clone about dinosaurs in 2009?

The t-rex is closely related to the chicken, so, yeah probably

Lord, no, that movie was a mess. Even if the plot wasn't a rambling disaster most of the dinosaur designs were outright unpleasant to look at.
I'd rather watch Disney's Dinosaur over Pixar's Dinosaur any day even with those fucking lemurs.

screw a chicken they are living dinosaurs

>tfw you will never get tricked by victor veloci pretending to be a teenage girl online

Ice Age did "Humans and prehistoric animals" better.

Why did the humans in The Good Dinosaur act like dogs? It it a joke on all "pet" animals in movies acting like dogs? Because that's a bad premise to base a movie around.

Which came first. The chicken or the me?

>When the You Are Umasou sequel was so bad nobody ever talks about it

WHY CAN'T DINOSAUR MOVIES GET GOOD SEQUELS

>Feathers ruined dinosaurs forever

this is why i hate tripfags

did heart show up?

Karate dinosaur a QT

T rex isnt particularly close to chickens it more like that bad ass great uncle you always heard about

Feathered T-rex looks cool to me, tho.

My only problem with scientifically accurate dinos is that they don't have a badass lion roar like in the movies, instead they just make pigeon-like noises

any land before time?

Was the newest movie any good?

why they always give pterosaur people 6 appendages they are just dragons at that point.

More like hisses and growls

I want to hug it

This, they were more badass than you could imagine, Jurassic Park actually made them less dangerous

nope, its its own story partly why I disliked it so much I wanted to see how the father son dynamic would have changed as Umasou grew up and realized what heart is and how he feeds

apex predator a QT

You know what pisses me off as hell in Jurassic Park? All dinos have the same generic grey-colored skin, I mean, it's impossible to know the real color of the dinosaurs but even reptiles can be pretty colorful

dinosaurs didn't have any syrinxes like in modern birds, the organ that allows them to produce bird calls.
still, representing them making bird noises i feel is more accurate in a way than any loud, mammalian roar.

Best dino

Remember when everyone thought that the spinosaurus would surpass the t-rex as the most badass dino ever, and then they realize that he couldn't stand up in two legs outside water, had a waaaaaay weaker bite strenght and a million times smaller brain?

prey to actual best dino

Maybe they sound like Crocodiles

youtube.com/watch?v=Jkh3sknNnkI

*generic neckbeard snort* Well you see in JP those weren't actually DINOSAURS those are just genetically engineered MONSTERS representing what HUMANS think dinosaurs should look like.
But I agree with you.

It's handwaved as Hammond wanting people to identify with stock dinosaurs moreso than accuracy. This is actually a point in the first book that Wu mentions in World. TLW and JP3 start to move away from this though.

Jack horner got fucked by real life again

Also had low muscle mass and the sail was a huge weakpoint

Isn't even the best ceratopsian

>acting like it's neckbeards reading too much into things
>When it is stated outright many times throughout the series

Yeah I know, but they could use the artistic freedom to make the dinos more visually appealing

Try and find a better example. I dare you

>40 replies
>no one posted the best dinosaur cartoon ever made

Jurassic Park and subsequently Jurassic World has ruined the public's perception of dinosaurs.

T.rex aint got shit on the eye of sauron

Anklyosaurus is best dino, i fight you

>They directly say it to the camera multiple times they are not real dinosaurs
>HURR ITS THIER FAULT

It's actually pretty funny, written by the guy who wrote the Hawaii Five-O remake

Someone likes JP a little too much.

>watches jurassic world
>they still make the velociraptors nothing like they really were in real life, even though it's now commom sense between dino enthusiast that the velociraptor was just a big turkey

They could at least call them utahraptors

BRING IT ON WEAK JAW

nigga that is not how you spell stegosaurus

It feels like we will never see feathered dinosaurs in any big movie now....

That two-brains theory was refuted already?

the t rex is closely related to all birds not specifically chicken

It has been a great year for dino science. First finding an intact dino feather in amber, then finding out how long dinosaurs were in eggs. Tthe two species they found were 6-8 months in eggs if i remember correctly. It was LONG though. Which means most dinos would have had to nested.

Dinosaurs were right, they have families

D.I.C.E.
nobody remembers this show but me
>do robot transformer dinosaurs count?
desu the show was pretty bad tho

>What is canon consistency?

There was a sequel?

Shhhh

We are supposed to demean dinosaurs

>ignoring the scene where they explain that the dinosaurs aren't scientifically accurate and are instead designed to be what people want to see

Dinosaucers!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=gy7fO2i9y94

Didn't they just call them raptors?

>Huge paleofag
>Love the JP films
>Love how they piss off the over sensitive tards online

Lol

>I mean, it's impossible to know the real color of the dinosaurs
Nope. Look into the science it is amazing. At my uni they have analyzed skin and feather samples with the synchrotron, basically a super x-ray machine. They can detect pigments.

Dinos were mostly brown from the samples we've studied thus far

>ywn be transformed into a lust penis

>t's impossible to know the real color of the dinosaurs
It actually is possible and in fact we do know the color of several species, most of them are earth tones though with a few that are bright red or jet black or white.

That isn't dino riders

Prehistorical crocs are the most underrated predators ever, pic related

>Remember when everyone thought that the spinosaurus would surpass the t-rex as the most badass dino ever
Only people that thought that were people that learned about it's existence from jurassic park.

Fuck off with your stupid heat sync frills

>an intact dino feather in amber
Not one feather, it was a tail part consisting of multiple vertebrae and entirely covered in feathers.

Hmm i thought it was just one feather though. Yes to the vertebrate though

He doesn't look less badass and looks a million times qter, I want a plushie of it

>They directly say it to the camera multiple times they are not real dinosaurs

And most people don't listen and if they do they don't care.

Probably going to rustle a few feathers(huehue).
But T.rex was about average in bulk in terms of large Theropods.
It had a similar sized build to Acrocanthosaurus and Acro's tend to be smaller than Rexes, and given there was at least one relative of Acro that was bigger than That's a pretty scary thought.
It would be intresting to see if the increased bulk of a giant Allosaur would offset Rexes jaws.

>two-brains theory

First time I've heard of this. Even if it was debunked could you explain this please?

If it had been only one feather and nothing more, everyone would most likely have assumed that it was a bird feather. However, since all those feathers were attached to a tail that was very long, thin and reptilian, we can know it was a dinosaur tail rather than a bird tail.

Give Beast Boy a BJ and find out.

Stegossaurus had a second brain in the hip region to be able to better control the movements of the lower body, they mention it in Pacific Rim

this is on par with carnotaurus had the strongest bite force ever guy from last night

fuck off

God dam sexual Tyranosaurus

Rex is pretty massive in the giant theropod pantheon. Cau and Hartman's reconstructions make that clear. Of popularly known taxa (not sure which Acro relative you're talking about), it's either the most massive or second to Charcarodontosaurus.

>he became a governor along with Arnold Schwarzenegger
>Trump is now president
America is weird.

look at the fucking image, is from a 2012 aricle on dinosaur builds, also Carnotaurus didn't need a strong bite it used its upper jaw like a hatchet similar to Allosaurus

I wasn't saying it wasn't fucking big amongst giant theropods im saying It wasn't particularly heavily built in comparison to others

Something I always wanted to know is if these Chameleons with triceratops-like horns are actually related to ceratopsians or if it's just convergent evolution.

If I had a time door that could only ever connect to one era and back, it would definitely be to dinosaur times.
It'd be fun to go "huh, we still didn't get it right"

the latter

the birds in your back garden are closer to ceratopsians than any squamate is

Albertasaurus beats it

It's the most massive and voluminous of the popularly described taxa (maybe barring Charc); not sure what you're on about.

Albertosaurus was more gracile than T.rex

So whats your point

That when side to side there much more similar in general build than usually acknowledged.
I often see T.rex being called more muscly and well built compared to similar sized theropods. I thought it was interesting how similar they acctually are in terms of estimated muscle distribution.

Fucking heretic

Cool thanks for the info. I get so much science news i get confused sometimes.

I remember

Kys

I woukd go with the denesian era. First land plants and animals, insects the size of a meter. They call it the era of fishes but the land stuff is so fascinating

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Cretaceous army, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on triceratops, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in therapod warfare and I’m the top apex predator in the entire Cretaceous armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of raptors across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my tiny small bare hands. Not only am I have 8 inch long teeth, but I have access to the strongest bite strenght in the history of the earth and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.