How did a handful of x-wings destroy an entire space station the size of a small moon...

How did a handful of x-wings destroy an entire space station the size of a small moon? Shouldn't the death star have like over a 100k tie fighters protecting it?

It must be demoralizing for the Empire to lose half a million people and a moon sized hunk of steel to an attack of ~30 fighters.

I remember the tie pilot who got scared and rammed Vaders ship. I think they may have been concerned about over crowding and mismanagement of their defensive ships for reasons like that.

>Watch out!

Hero of the Empire. Vader would have DIED if it weren't for his heroic last words

>trying to find sense and logic in star wars

rewatching episode IV sort seems the empire views the rebels as little more than a nuisance. they didnt send out all their fighters becasue they didnt care what was 30+ fighters going to do anyway?

Did the Death Star have an hyperdrive?

who knows Star Wars is fucking retarded anyway.

THey spent all their space dollars on the Death Star they had little left for extra ships

Because Hannibal Urso put a secret weakness the size of a hockey net on it when he finished building the death star 20 minutes before the movie started

Yes

prequels are a mistake

Because the script called for it, you moron. Star Wars is not real.

Pretty much this, Tarkin was unwilling to commit many forces to battling them due to not seeing them as a real threat and I imagine sending 100k tie fighters out against 30 x wings makes for poor political posturing

So the state of the arc futuristic moon battle station didnt have a single homing missile

>a few minutes before your big laser turns the enemy to dust
>around 30 fighters are trying to do a desperate show near our base
>no biggie, just send a few fighters to tail them, no need to block our laser with 100k fighters

Pretty much how it goes down. Also, you really don't need to logically send a shitload of fighters to take care of them, you respond with a force that is just enough, even for logistical reasons.

Better yet, why wasnt the Emperor posted up in STARKILLER base, you know, the one 4x the size of the death star?

Or do they actually expect us to believe they made that shit in the 20 years after jedi, when it takes 5 years of them to shittily rebuild the first death star and its not even finished

because you cant make 'smart' plasma bolts you dingtard

They have kinetic missile and bombs in Star Wars though. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Death Star would have some. Seems like they didn't though.

It had a shield protecting it so they got overconfident that nothing can touch it.

It's a typical Achilles Heel type of thing. The Empire thought nothing could touch the Death Star, so they didn't treat the Rebel assault seriously. They were ultimately devastated by their own hubris.

building into an existing planet is a lot easier to quickly construct compared to a free-floating space station

Why was the Deathstar even necessary? They already had most of the universe under their control without it.

>Or do they actually expect us to believe they made that shit in the 20 years after jedi, when it takes 5 years of them to shittily rebuild the first death star and its not even finished
They didn't build the planet from scratch you moron

an ounce of prevention etc. etc.

>death star is a glorified laser gun made from prefab parts
>starkiller is a Terra formed planet
>easier
Alternatively, fuck this

Eh, sounds like overkill if you ask me. They already had a gigantic fleet of star destroyers, they should have just cut their losses and stick to what worked but no, they just had to build a 2nd Death Star.

((((Disney Marvel Star Wars)))))) is not canon.

>>starkiller is a Terra formed planet
>>easier
The Empire was responsible for carving out half the planet in their search for the kyber crystals for the two Death Stars, assuming Starkiller Base is/was Ilum. The FO inherited the planet as a shell of what it used to be before the Empire happened.

It was designed to be protected against a full-frontal assault. The Bothans got the plans and after analysis they realized there was a small weakness that could be exploited by one-man fighters.

Did you even watch the movie?

kind of worthless without one
>blow up planet
>nothing around for lightyears
>faster to build another at the next target

Did you?

well the second one was retarded, at best all i can say is that it was a "blow up as many as you want, we can just toss together more" message

>make space station
>have to build off of existing parts

>build within planet
>immediately dispatch workers to the entire perimeter of the planet to begin working at once

i didn't say "easier", i said "easier to quickly construct"

Wasn't Starkiller base basically 90% mechanical? I mean that would take a lot of time to excavate and then having to terraform the planet into a planet size gun, i feel like building a space station from scrap would be faster.

Ya. it comes out of the same hole as the gun. It's a multipurpose hole. like a cloaca. or vague mom joke

it would take a lot of time but you could easily sink in more man-hours a lot faster when you have the surface area of a planet to work with right off the starting line

>death star
>5 years
>have to start small and increase work force from there as station increases in size

>starkiller
>20 years
>can start at maximum production immediately

Yeah that makes sense but then if they made Starkiller post Empire, then their manpower would have been severely reduced, I mean 2 dead death stars and a lost war would have crippled the labor force.

I'm saying neither is easy in its own right because one is "from scratch" and one "magically siphons power from stars"
Also fuck khyber I remember mining nova crystals in the AoE reskin

the answer is that it's a movie about wizards and magic and an evil emperor and they just needed a big dragon to slay at the end of the movie

Or >death star
>can prefabricate parts at shipyards, ship them and assemble them in space

It first no one gives a shit about the X-Wings until some officer tells Vader that the ships are so small they are evading the Death Stars turbo laser. And even earlier it is said by General Dodona that the Death Star defenses are built around a large scale assault of capital ships, not X-Wings so the turbo lasers not being able to hit the X-WIngs is a design flaw.

Vader and Tarkin then send out Imperial fighters to take out the X-Wings and they do a damn good job of it. Only three of the original pilots survive the attack AND only because of the force was Luke able to actually make the 1 in a million shot that actually destroyed the Death Star. Without space magic the Death Star wouldn't have been destroyed.

>They were ultimately devastated by their own hubris.

Without Luke using the Force the Death Star wouldn't have even been destroyed.

You're mixing ANH with ROTJ, user.

Why call them turbo lasers if they cannot hit small craft...

Please stop trying to rationalize Starkiller Base's existence. It was a terrible idea and should never have happened. It makes absolutely no sense and trying to make it make sense is only going to result in headaches and hatred.

Because they are powerful lasers that are used on bigger warships. You'd use a turbo laser to try and take out a star destroyer, not an X-Wing.

They are small though. Even when hit it did not do much to an xwing

Headaches lead to hatred
And hatred leads to suffering
I can't wait till this series dies and we can all stop being tasteless, china-tier consumers

The only X-Wing they hit was Porkins, and he blew up immediately.

B-but what else do we have to bitch about? Also how come the resistance is a resistance force? You'd think after witnessing what the empire did in the last galactic war the republic would form their own army to fight the first order.

How could only 2 planes kill so many people?

planes don't kill people, the government does

>planes

>((((((((planes))))))))

How did the terrorists get past the us air force?

Wasn't that a tie fighter