Adventure Time/AT: Two Swords & Do No Harm Talkback Thread

>Synopsis:
Two Swords - Finn and Jake contend with a mysterious, but familiar, new being.
Do No Harm - Finn makes amends at the Candy Hospital while Jake tries to connect with their unexpected houseguest.

>2 minute preview + subtitles:
Two Swords - qt.vidyagam.es/PmdFGDP.mp4
Do No Harm - qt.vidyagam.es/X6RMPKw.mp4

>Official previews:
youtu.be/PzT-A6E4vZc
youtu.be/OeeDNL7wPtc

>MEGA for S1-S7:
thecrazybunny56.wordpress.com/2010/04/22/adventure-time-with-finn-jake-episodesincludes-pilot

Spoiler leaks you fuckers, not all of us want to watch 2 minutes of an 11 minute episode. New back-to-back epidodes air at 7:30 central time.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cartoon-Network-Adventure-Islands-Miniseries/dp/B01MRSB2HQ
play.google.com/store/tv/show/Adventure_Time_Islands?id=Pyahhb08MuI
amazon.com/Adventure-Time-Islands-First-Look/dp/B01NCUF1JT
itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/adventure-time-islands/id1184442649
twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/808420379408691202
nowwatchtvlive.co/cartoon-network-live-cartoon-network-ondemand-watch-cartoon-network/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the Treefort is the best locale in the show, cozy as fuck and with a ridiculous amount of thought put into it.

TV schedule is

>Monday, Jan. 23
Two Swords
Do No Harm
>Tuesday, Jan. 24
Wheels
>Wednesday, Jan. 25
High Strangeness
>Thursday, Jan. 26
Horse and Ball
>Friday, Jan. 27
Jelly Beans Have Power

>Monday, Jan. 30
The Invitation (Islands, Part 1)
Whipple the Happy Dragon (Islands, Part 2)
>Tuesday, Jan. 31
Mysterious Island (Islands, Part 3)
Imaginary Resources (Islands, Part 4)
>Wednesday, Feb. 1
Hide and Seek (Islands, Part 5)
Min & Marty (Islands, Part 6)
>Thursday, Feb. 2
Helpers (Islands, Part 7)
The Light Cloud (Islands, Part 8)

Airing starts at 7:30PM EST for two-episode days, and 7:45PM EST for one-episode days.

Title card designed by Laura Knetzger and painted by Joy Ang

Designed by Michael DeForge and painted by Joy Ang

NIGHT 1 OF "5 NIGHTS"

Islands will be available for digital download tomorrow, so we will have 14 episodes in one week. Pat yourselves on the back I mean it

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

sort of shit
top tier stuff

I just don't get why they made Finn look so goddamn weird in the Two Swords title card

You can buy the Islands mini-series DVDs starting tomorrow (Tuesday, Jan. 24) online at
amazon.com/Cartoon-Network-Adventure-Islands-Miniseries/dp/B01MRSB2HQ

Streaming purchase links are here
play.google.com/store/tv/show/Adventure_Time_Islands?id=Pyahhb08MuI
amazon.com/Adventure-Time-Islands-First-Look/dp/B01NCUF1JT
itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/adventure-time-islands/id1184442649

It's uncertain whether streaming sites will release tomorrow like the DVD will. iTunes states Jan. 30 release date, the other two sites say nothing.

I was referring to (((CN))) in that post

definitely among the top protagonist dwellings. up there with the Swat Kats' lair. that place seemed so full of cool stuff.

Oh hey that's a good idea, let's completely disown the show for months, almost a year without anything like regular episodes, then air an entire half a season in two weeks.

Here's to hoping it starts off strong.

the title card reminds me to handdrawncurves jin moesashi

Is Madridista going to provide a DDL for this episode?

aw man don't remind me.. we finally got the susan episode we always wanted, then she got ruined.

shit that reminds me, streams havent worked well in a while. I hope this isn't a situation like regular show just was

Yes

CN already posted the intro for Islands to their twitter

twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/808420379408691202

A few observations
>The Unknown Lands guy is watching on a cliff
>Lochness Monster from The Sea of Sure Death roars
>Giant robot in the sea looks like the same one that surprised Martin in "The Visitor"

What is the bottom image from? Never seen it before, real nice coloring.

>Ooo is a phoenix
>there's a dragon trying to go up his bum
hey stay out of there, dragon.

his bum is the hole near the center of the world silly

CN has been doing this for at least the last year or two.

I really hate that Susan is really important and in the way that she is.

>an entire half a season in two weeks.
Regular Show has 3/4ths of it's final season aired in 3 weeks all together, with the rest not being promoted.

It's crazy that AT and RS are so neglected, like what the fuck?

old old incredibly old concept of the show's world, by the guy who designed the backgrounds back in the day.

MAN it took a ridiculously long time for them to use it in the show. jesus.

Are you talking about the black and white one Ghostshrimp made a million years ago? I don't think he made this one too, it definitely seems new. I thought it was something they made like specifically for Islands.

And hey, no sense in using a map when it's not really natural. We've seen a few aerial shots of Ooo here and there over the series.

god dammit I had better be able to get a working stream
you think maybe someone dedicated like taima will help?

I coulda sworn the one I've had for years was in color.

>no sense in using a map when it's not really natural.
I more mean that the writers could've been using the map for inspiration all along. Make the characters go to every place on there.

OKAY. nowwatchtvlive is working. everyone try that one

That's how nerds like us think, it's not how TV writers think. we want to just take the heroes we love and put them in situations and watch them interact, they write the story and then let the setting suit it.

There was also a color one but it had very different coloring than in And yeah, they really haven't been utilizing the coolest areas. How have Finn and Jake yet to check out the Sea of Sure Death (great name), and the Hole Near the Center of the World would probably be cool to see in an episode.

well when the premise of the show is "we'll go to very distant lands"...

the setting of the week used to be a much more important part of the show. nowadays it's often more like a sitcom on the same sets, plus wacky stuff.

Link plz

>How have Finn and Jake yet to check out the Sea of Sure Death (great name)
once I would've said, because Finn won't go too far from land. not these days, I guess?

>don't have a TV
>waiting on piracy sites to upload tonight
>trying to have no expectations at the same time
Feels bad.

true enough, they don't go to distant lands much at all. kinda like star trek TNG, it was the plan, but it's easier to stay near home
nowwatchtvlive.co/cartoon-network-live-cartoon-network-ondemand-watch-cartoon-network/

sites? have you never heard of madridista?
just stay out of the site to avoid being spoiled, then ctrl-f mega about 15 minutes after it's over

>How have Finn and Jake yet to check out the Sea of Sure Death

Something interesting an user pointed out in another thread, the map Finn is using in one of the leaked pics seems to deliberately go out of their way to avoid said sea

Is not going to be streamed?

They got rid of his ocean fear a while ago (in such a horrendous fucking way but I digress) and he has a very compelling reason to head out this time.

But even then, Finn had no problem with bodies of water that weren't oceans, so a sea should have been awesome to him. How was season 1 Finn not chomping at the bit to go there the second he knew about it?

I thought it was a pretty cool way
a sea is ocean, you're thinking of a lake. see how it's ocean?

Finn literally stabbing his fear away with a magic sword is cool? Shit was lame as hell and totally undid the moral of Ocean of Fear saying that the mark of a hero is his flaw. Stuff was just garbage man.

And I'm pretty sure Finn's Thalassophobia was really specific, so I think he should have been okay with Sea of Sure Death as long as he didn't head out to the border where it merged with the entire ocean mass. But I could be wrong on that. We'll never know at any rate.

>Hole Near the Center of the World

IIRC that's where the mushroom bomb was dropped.

>Finn literally stabbing his fear away with a magic sword is cool?
maybe it could've been okay if HE did it. I mean Finn stabs stuff to death, that's what he has always done. It would have been anticlimactic in a funny way.

But the sword did it for him. independently, which took away his opportunity to face his fear himself. which made it garbage.

The sword is garbage in general because it acts on its own.

SEASON 8 BOYS

I remember being an active part of the fanbase years ago, using LandofOoo forums, it was pretty fun.

For the people talking about the hole near the center of the earth location, multiple seasons ago around the Flame Princess introduction episode, there was an interview where Pen said they'd explore the crater, but nothing ever came from it. It was on an online interview and I'm sure you could find it, I think it was a pre season premiere interview, but he never said when the crater thing was planned, probably a series finale type deal. I remember talking to people on LoO about it and getting into deep discussion about how it might've been the original multi part TV movie thing, but I can't remember the details.

>The sword is garbage in general because it acts on its own.
Take my cock out of your mouth because that's exactly why I hated the grass thorn/sword too.

It was cool but Finn had nothing to do with its coolness, he was basically a vessel it acted through, and that's lame. Every time it pops up it solves the problem all by itself while Finn stands there going 'woah this is happening now!' like a schmuck. Lame as shit.
The one time it was alright was in I Am a Sword because Finn did the actual fighting with it.

But I think that getting rid of his fear in that method, just stabbing it with a magic weapon, is just real lame. What's wrong with having Finn be afraid of the ocean? It's just a neat character quirk that had no reason to be removed and never got the attention it deserved.
If they had to get rid of it the best way it could have happened was have Finn actually have some damn agency in getting over it.

I remember what you mean, that was just before season 4 started I believe.

You're getting them confused though, the Hole neat the center is in Ooo while the crater is somewhere else on the planet, they aren't the same thing.

I still wonder what ever happened to that concept, would have been way cool. It's been like half a fucking decade so if it hasn't happened yet I doubt it ever will. Stinks, could have been a cool as hell Fallout type episode.

>up next, more we bare bears
wait what? th-they meant for the next three minutes, right?

I gotta ask, are the episodes this week that important that I should watch them before Islands? I plan on picking up the dvd tomorrow and binging the mini series.

IIRC the movie got split into different episodes with one of them being Something Big.

>It was cool but Finn had nothing to do with its coolness
>Finn stands there going 'woah this is happening now!' like a schmuck

And now the REAL hero is it's own entity, and can save Ooo and fuck all his love interests without him!

m-maybe it was an error?

I... think you got those two mixed up.

Michael DeForge designed the title card for "Two Swords", and Laura Knetzger designed the one for "Do No Harm".

I assume they are too stupid to get their own schedule right

I believe only the first two that are airing today lead into Islands, the rest are just slice of life shit that you can watch after. Maybe?

speaking of locations and FP, did you notice that place with the blue barbarians, where finn tried to make them less violent for the mountain, was recycled for FP's house, but scaled down considerably? funny thing is, that's not necessarily an error, you could easily imagine some kind of shrink ray hitting the entire region

DON'T FUCK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ok cool, I haven't watched any of the slice of life/filler shit in this show since season 6 anyway.

>poison ivy to the rescue!
uhhh...
>lena luthor
what?

>Lena Luther
What?

>Poison Ivy to the rescue
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Is it airing?

what the fuck is Islands? when will it be on tv and/or the internet?

CN is borderline playing with my emotions, i have one of the most important exams in 13.5 hours and i need to get some rest, but i wont go to sleep before my AT fix

ADVENTURE TIME IS NOW!

its on now

right now

Is this it?

yep jake confirmed dead

Stream?

Fuck, this is why I find it hard to stick with the show after all this time, they do little mood whiplashes and I can't fucking stand it. He was just messing around being light for once and she says "Finn this is serious" when he was just trying to make a quick joke, this shit bothers me like hell. Like when in Stakes he puts his hand on PB and Marcy's shoulders leaning it to be in the discussion, and they both just take his hand off in the middle of the conversation, it's supposed to be a visual gag but it's just rude, and I don't mean in the "MEAN SPIRITED WTF" meme way, it just seems like no ones really friends anymore, and there's so many times at random points when they try to joke but get shot down for no reason.

>new adventure time
>no promos for it
What the actual fuck, i had to find out there was a new one through a tweet

Can't wait to see how the finale is treated, probably the same as RS.

stream is annoying, I'll come for Madrista in a bit.

you guys think Finn will get another sword?

oh donk, Susan.. I hope she gets back down to normal.
read the damn thread

Miniseries (similar to Stakes) about Finn, Jake, Susan, and BMO leaving Ooo to find other humans. Airs next week, but will be released on DVD/ itunes tomorrow

Adventure Time and Regular Show are old news. They should have died years ago.

I love voice of Grass Finn holy fuck

stop with the god damn susan shit

Did susan just say her cells are on fire? does she know what those are?
maybe he'll try somethin else. he seems more like a morningstar guy to me
hey is grass finn voiced by zack shada?

0 advertising for this. Looked over to my TV and I see this.

Why.

yeah that nowwatchtvlive? I must be doing it wrong because its broken as hell

god dammit that's the worst kind of leak

man I love this show. Even now it still feels like the kinda shit I write.

what a bunch of dicks

she is a main character this season get used to it

well I had to type it by hand so I might have gotten it wrong

here's one I found online for it nowwatchtvlive.co/cartoon-network-live-cartoon-network-ondemand-watch-cartoon-network/
i mean it's too late now but like, use it tomorrow

>Every time it pops up it solves the problem all by itself
I know they do it that way to keep Finn from using it whenever he feels like, because he'd use it constantly (as it should be) and that would take too much work to draw. isn't it great how they drag this half-assed stuff along forever instead of doing it properly.

>What's wrong with having Finn be afraid of the ocean? It's just a neat character quirk that had no reason to be removed and never got the attention it deserved.
Yeah it baffled me so much I've thought about asking the storyboarder of that episode why the hell he did that, or was told to do that. such a waste.

There was an interview a long time ago where Pen was complaining that nobody wanted to write about Finn's fear of the ocean and he wished they would. I guess he didn't try very hard to convince anyone of its value.

Instantly recognized him lying with the grass on him from that one storyboard panel.

duuuuude.. the other finn.. the one from the parallel timeline.. so he IS finn

This dialogue doesn't feel natural

Which parallel time?

the exposed candy cane rebar in the walls is a nice touch
>i have a crush on jake
oh nurse poundcake... if youd gotten in there sooner...

Adventure Time has become pure kino at this point

it's never too late right? RIGHT? makin up for lost time babe

TTG all up everyone's crawhole