Blade runner 2049

Why did it fail Sup Forums? It has to be one of the best movies ever made and it fucking failed.
Its not fucking fair.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PurestKino/status/920716740442640385
twitter.com/inherentjest/status/920312897624002560
twitter.com/TandemWarBear/status/922153835992403968
twitter.com/Lyrun/status/921913379513516033
twitter.com/Bearintheboat/status/920160825549000705
twitter.com/Moritsunee/status/920091003616464901
twitter.com/SaurByTheHour_/status/920701069910577154
twitter.com/_the_red_comet/status/920423340279549952
twitter.com/SoapyIllusion_/status/919792417733206016
twitter.com/Danisdabomb/status/919711791780974597
twitter.com/snachiavelli/status/919091377857708033
twitter.com/TonyJCola/status/919025652745023488
twitter.com/James4Memes/status/917910620602880000
twitter.com/Brine_R_D/status/917947452266827777
twitter.com/fr0gg0d/status/917518356663607296
twitter.com/Hifumi__Togo/status/917061137354674177
twitter.com/SIXHOTLOADS/status/916958537212944384
twitter.com/MikeLeWatt/status/916791097615142917
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Women didn't like it.

because of this

Best film of the decade gets fucking overtaken by a movie about a killer clown with shit CGI.

I seriously can't contain my fucking rage anymore.

It's the best and the worst movie I ever seen

The movie messed with me so hard
Seen the ending wanted to die

So why did he decide to save Deckerd?

Only thing he had that was real, was that memory. Even if it wasn't his it was still real to him and that life was worth fighting for regardless of whether or not he got to live it.

Moron, you want it to fail so normies don't come in and ruin it.

This. But don't worry, the normies will soon discover it and make it shit for autístes on the internet.

>Thor3 will make 10x more than this in one weekend

>164 mil over 150 mil budget
Is this bad guys? The movie deserves double the budget desu

budget is 200 mil

Normies don't want to see a movie that is nearly 3 hours long. They want to see a shitty hour and a half long movie instead because of their short attention spans. Who cares if it didn't do well financially, it's still a great movie regardless.

Going to see it for the second time today. It's a damn shame Thor 3 will make more domestically in its opening weekend than 2049 will in its entire run

>First movie notoriously flops in the box office
>Only get noticed when home versions are released
>Expecting the sequel to do well in the box office, in a climate where Hollywood is out of ideas and dragging up reboots no-one even asked for

There was absolutely no way this was going to be a box office success, despite the quality.

I was planning on seeing it with a girl. I haven't seen it yet.

It's 2deep4u overly long intellectual trash with a bland arstyle. That's why

Because is ass, long boring. All over the place, nonsensical, filled with plot holes, and shitty 2deep4u moments.

Oh boy I wonder who's behind these posts

Americans can see through liberal propaganda now and that combined with no one other than entry level drones and actual filmmakers caring about br in the first place means it isn't going to succeed

This. Every guy I know irl who's seen it thought it was great, myself included. The handful of chicks who saw it thought it was boring

Either women or low-T faggots

Post /fit/ and top of head

keeeno

I feel like it's getting blown out of proportion on Sup Forums because it's been "accepted" so posters (especially newer posters) are latching on tightly so they can be on with Sup Forums at the ground floor. It creates a positive feedback loop of it being praised even more because only Sup Forums is praising it.

That said, it was a good movie. But one of the best movies ever made? Seriously?

because its boring and depressing and only can be appreciated if you liked the originals which means youre probably old, a pretentious douche, or a weeb

Actually it's your typical low T faggot that enjoys the film as it makes them feel on top for once with its psuedo intellectualism

M-m-Morty, w-we have to see [belch] runner, Blade Runner 2049 before it stops pl-playing at theatres. I-I-It already stopped playing in IMAX, and now the r-regular theatres are next!

Just got back from cinema. I can confirm this. The dumb bitch next to me could barely contain her brain farts. When the movie ended she exploded - "wow I knew it will end like this, why was it so long, what happened REEEEEE"

Literally this. Some chick said: "movies should be 1:30 hours tops!" when I left the cinema. Jesus fuck.

>fourth viewing today
>a group a 3 normies keep whispering during the whole movie
I wanted to blow their fucking brains out. Thankfully a woman in front of me told them to shut their mouths at some point. They were also eating things in plastic bags, why the fuck were they even here if they planned to endlessly talk and eat doing a fuckton of noise.

There was a group of women sitting behind me in the cinema.

The first stupid comment I heard happened almost 3 seconds before K pulls the horse out of the furnace. She literally says "Oh my god, he's going to find the horse!"

The second was at the end. One of the group says "That was fucking long and boring."

Women are fucking dumb.

Thankfully it was mostly quiet when I saw it. Some dudebros in front of me were drinking and eating but that didn't go for too long.

Bump. Why are these numales always roleplaying?

>Thor 3: Ragnarok - PS2 Exclusive will do better than BR 2049
>Avengers 3 ½: Quifinity Wars will do literally over 10 times better than BR 2049
The thing is it's still nowhere near a bad movie even if watch it without taking into account the Blade Runner mythos and all the philosophical stuff. It's objectively above average in all aspects and yet people would rather watch shit like Jumanji 2: Uninterractive Video Game and Madea.
I really wish it did better, lads.

But they're right.
2049 is fucking long and boring by all objective measures.
I fucking got the money, but it was fucking long and boring

3 hour long movies are fine. Sitting in a theater to watch a 3 hour movie though sucks. I'll wait till I can watch it in the comfort of my own house with a pause button.

Sup roastie

>pause

BUM bum BUM BUM bum BUM VVRRRRUUUUUUUM VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEM VRAAAAAAAAUUUUM

Saw this in IMAX last week with my sister. We both loved it, and we had really great seats - right in the middle, eye level with the screen. But 10 minutes into the movie, this young couple comes in late and sits literally a row behind us, two seats to the right. The immediately begin to unwrap bags of candy they brought in, chomping on nachos and fries, and the dude kept "hurr hurr"ing at non funny parts. Twenty other people in the audience, some the same age as the couple, nobody making any noise. But these cunts were eating during the quiet parts, not even in the plentiful action sequences.
On the way out, I was right behind them and I literally heard them fucking saying "like...what was Wallace's point? Why did he need the girl?" "Oh, hahaha, well like, he wanted to make a super badass replicant I guess, to take over things." "Ohh..that makes sense!"
VAPID AS FUCK

and it is failing become normies don't give a shit about Blade Runner. Blade Runner is a cult movie made 35 years ago. Shit I bet when 75% of people see the poster/trailer don't even know it is a sequel.

It isn't fucking Star Wars and part of pop culture that everybody just knows.

>Go to see it on Friday with a friend
>12 teenagers walk in
>Ohfuck.png
>Obnoxious bunch of faggot high schoolers and teenage girls on their iPhones
>They end up leaving after some retard in their group realizes they're in the wrong movie
>Bitch behind my friend and I keeps asking the stupidest fucking questions
>At the end "Is he bleeding?"

>see it on Sunday night
>get there at 9
>I'm the only one in the theater
>3 others walk in
>All guys
>Make conversation with one of the guys after the movie is over, pretty insightful.

>Last night
>Other friend and I see it on a whim
>He loves it despite having never seen the first one

This movie is so fucking good.
I can't get over it, but normies aren't going to understand it or like it.
I'm not trying to elevate myself or anyone here, but it's kinda a movie made for autists like us.

The average person doesn't want to sit through an almost 3 hour journey that's very slow.

They'd rather see Madea's Boo 2.

Sup low test numale

>image saved from or has been uploaded to instagram/facebook
>has the gall to say normies
One thing I think we can all agree about this trash flick is that its a good way to spot the outsider

sorry I have to pee or want something to drink/eat while watching a movie and don't want to miss parts of it.

>It has to be one of the best movies ever made
>Best film of the decade
>s-s-seeing it for the xth time, should I lads?

Yeah, fuck immersion. As long as you've got that pause button so you can check your twitter, huh.

We share a board with filth like this.

I didn't really have a good picture to post with it, honestly lol.
I just picked the most recently saved photo somewhat relating to Blade runner

His character in the pledge reminds me of K

The normies can not see the deeper themes of this movie.

Las Vegas in the movie is even more bleaker than in the original one. There is less light and the city is surrounded by a giant wall to keep the flood out. The whole world is going to shit and people try to escape the truth by buying vr waifus and fucking replicant prostitutes.

K exists from day to day, doing his soulles job. He has no drive, he has just orders.

And that is us. We browse these boards, feel these feels of isolation, loneliness and lack of a gf. We hope for a better, brighter waifuist future but there is a big chance that the walls will break and the flood comes in. Wars, feminism, immigration.. maybe even all three of these will prevent us from ever entering the waifuist era.

Till that time comes, we are left to wander in Sup Forums, /br2049general/ and pray that it becomes a reality.

You're gonna carry that weight, user.

Yeah fuck not peeing in the movie theater's floor. What is that guy a pussy?

he felt they were the closest thing to a family

The self-validation/identify-building is a big part of it.

If they imagine that BR2049 is some epic cinematic landmark, then they can use this to help build their identities, and separate themselves from "plebs" and "normies", and imagine that they've taken part in "true art", as if they're watching a Lean or Welles film when it premiered.

It's kind of fascinating to witness this exercise in identity building and the effort to be part of certain groups. The praise of BR2049 by the 15-25 yo brooding numale is largely social and egoistic.

fuck you and your waifu retard

>feminism, immigration

Fuck off Sup Forumsboy

Unironically, to be a real human bean.

It's not very fascinating if you've already seen it.

Since blade reddit has a general should they be added to the chart? Theres enough of these retards spouting its "kino" on their social media profiles to fill up their section

I heard it. Best scene in the movie.

>It has to be one of the best movies ever made

News flash kid, history of cinema goes way beyond your 2 years of experience.

Have you seen the movie?
Don't lie.

Prove the universe wasn't made 2 years ago

>Thor3 will make 10x more than this in one weekend

normies were a mistake

watching it for the 2nd time tonight. I can't get enough of this movie.

It is pretty clear that the demographic of the majority of the people who loved the film are 18-23, virgin antisocial males.
And the main reason why they loved the film is that they somewhat identified with the main character, not their appreciation or comprehension of the art of film making.

Every legit critic shat on the movie, aside from paid shills and reddit crowd.

you should whip out these hot-off-the-press analyses whenever Sup Forums is praising literal turbovirgin garbage like It Follows

Wow, they invested too much money in this, BR was always more of a cult classic than a bonafide hit.

Am I a faggot if I say I like BR2049 only for the visuals?

The rest is negligible.

>have psychic powers
>be inspired by Nolan's Inception
>find out I can literally plant ideas on people
>have work colleague
>biggest retard of all time
>been psyopsing Blade Runner into his mind for weeks that it's the best film of the year
>he seems excited for it
>mention Geostorm for the lulz once
>he finally decides to pull the trigger to go see a movie with his friends
>it's Geostorm

I probably fucked up somewhere, I could have saved it. Sorry Sup Forums.

the score, aesthetic, and pacing are all top tier in my opinion. plot and acting are close. i say aesthetic because it's more than just a purely visual category.

So explain why Star shit and capeshit average 500 mil in revenue? American society isn't getting smarter, it's getting dumber.

I can see why people are so split about this movie. Half of the threads on Sup Forums about it are "director is a hack!' and the other half are"best kino in decades!"
The movie was trying really hard to be that profound experience you get only few times in life. But to be honest I didn't feel anything during a lot of the 'sad' scenes. I didn't hate the movie, I liked the cinematography, the sense of place and the atmosphere, the soundtrack was good but was kinda overly bombastic at times. Some shitty sound effects during the action scenes, knife stabs with an oompf. The story was kinda simplistic but the way it was told is what matters. I'll re-watch it without the 3D gimmick might rethink if it's actually good or not.

Does it really matter if it failed financially? Sure it would be nice, but the fact that film actually exists is enough for me.

>implying it wasn't a high T chad who can't appreciate the subtleties of the color composition and narrative of BR:2049
Good thing I started HRT.

You're not wrong, that's why I enjoyed it.

I don't really understand films as an art form, all I can really think of is the shots where K is alone.
That added to the atmosphere a lot.

>Every legit critic shat on the movie, aside from paid shills and reddit crowd.

every single critic loved it except for women

The only good part of the score is Mesa, the rest is just noise. It even goes so far as to ruin good moments like the Luv stomping Joi.

The pacing is too fast for my liking. It's 2h45m but it feels shorter than the first one, there's too much story stuffed into too small a space, reminds me of Nolan.

That's because the first one had terrible pacing.

>pacing
>top tier
Pick one

No it didn't, it established a mood that turned it into a cult phenomenon.

It was actually pretty good but nowhere near as good as Blade Runner.

That has nothing to do with pacing

Normies don't want to think when watching movies or playing vidya, they want a dopamine rush from watching mindless shit they don't have to think about.

Very true

twitter.com/PurestKino/status/920716740442640385
twitter.com/inherentjest/status/920312897624002560
twitter.com/TandemWarBear/status/922153835992403968
twitter.com/Lyrun/status/921913379513516033
twitter.com/Bearintheboat/status/920160825549000705
twitter.com/Moritsunee/status/920091003616464901
twitter.com/SaurByTheHour_/status/920701069910577154
twitter.com/_the_red_comet/status/920423340279549952
twitter.com/SoapyIllusion_/status/919792417733206016
twitter.com/Danisdabomb/status/919711791780974597
twitter.com/snachiavelli/status/919091377857708033
twitter.com/TonyJCola/status/919025652745023488
twitter.com/James4Memes/status/917910620602880000
twitter.com/Brine_R_D/status/917947452266827777
twitter.com/fr0gg0d/status/917518356663607296
twitter.com/Hifumi__Togo/status/917061137354674177
twitter.com/SIXHOTLOADS/status/916958537212944384
twitter.com/MikeLeWatt/status/916791097615142917

There's a good chance one of these plebs are here right now

name one legit critic who loved the film.

Yes it does.

Mark Kermode

Alright I got trolled into watching this, even thought the cinematography was nice I didn't like it at all
Not a grill btw

The reality is exactly the opposite of what you posted. The crowd is majority 25+, and critics, barring the usual rabid feminists or purists, adored it.
This is emblematic of how much detached from reality you are.

Tfw got a dopamine rush from seeing Joi and K driving while Mesa played.

Imagine being so obsessed that you have to scour twitter in search of this.
Just IMAGINE being this guy.

>anonymous shitposting twitter account
Never get why people take Sup Forums to other sites.

>see people like a movie on 4chins
>decide to go see what the fuss is about
>don't like it
>"I GOT LE TROLLD GUISE XD"

you say you are not be a girl but you're showing all the signs to the contrary

this really isn't surprising. the top x of 2017 threads so far have proven that it's just plebeians praising the movie on here.

All that means is that you're a normie.
Blade Runner was made for /r9k/ and the loser club, not normies.

prove it
show dick