Legion is right around the corner. Anyone else hype? It's even canon to the movies

Legion is right around the corner. Anyone else hype? It's even canon to the movies.

I've seen some of the first eps, its really good (though the first two eps are really hectic), but its not explicitly canon to the movies, just not non-canon.

when is

>It's even canon to the movies.

Yeah right. They'll probably have a 5 minute Patrick Stewart cameo to "connect" to the movies and then never acknowledge them again.

I'm hyped but won't hold my breath
FX burned me with The Strain already

No it isn't.

Pretty interested, trailer looks good.

Don't really care if it's connected or not to the movies. Seriously, who cares about that if it's good?

The movies aren't even canon to the movies.

The Strain was great what are you complaining about?

Ive been under a rock, the fuck is this?

It's not.
The showrunner even said that the cast will be pretty much OCs and avoid being connected to the actual movies as much as possible.

It's basically a show about a guy with powers that needs a brand name on top of it for people to go watch it.

and dropped

I think it was said that it's set in an alternate universe, with the main difference being that the US government found out about Mutants earlier.

Good. I'd rather they have faith in their work than having to rely on referencing characters form the movies just to sustain interest.

Not me.

Feb 8

Since Marvel is working with FOX to make this, what they SHOULD have done was had some sort of reference to the MCU.

There's money in the MCU and there will be in the forseeable future. If Fox wont allow them to use their own characters than why would they even work together.

Yeah but not enough faith that they actually make it an original work instead of a X-Men property.

Calling it now, none of the characters are real except Legion.
One goes on a killing spree because he thinks everything is a figment of Legion's imagination when in fact everything is taking place in the real world.

The problem is that, if you're going to do a series about an Mutant, but then literally go out of your way to make them the only person in the show with powers, ignore the existence OF the X-Men, and refuse to reference anything about Marvel in the show, that's not having faith: that's just calling your show Silver Samurai, but it's really just a yakuza drama where Silver Samurai never gets in costume nor has anything to do with The Hand.

Still more than Marvel Studios.

In Noah Hawley I trust.

If this is good, I'm totally tuning into the Cat's Cradle adaptation that's supposedly being worked on

Essentially, it's a show about Professor Xavier's son, whom has multiple personality syndrome.

The big draw (for me, at least), is that it's being helmed by the showrunner for the recent Fargo adaptation (which has gotten quite a bit of acclaim).

The details about whether or not it ties into the movies is shaky at best

agnets of shield
>multiple fury cameos
>multiple mariah hill cameos
>roxxon
>gideon malick
>dr list
>peggy carter and the howling comandos

agent carter
>one of the mandarin's 10 rings
>the red room
>dark matter
>howard stark
>dotty gets referenced in civil war

daredevil
>roxxon again
>"the incident"
>references to the hulk

luke cage
>hammer tech

way more than a 5 minute cameo.

>Seriously, who cares about that if it's good?
You'd be surprised user.

don't forget the SuperCannon SHIELD carrier

Wasn't X-Men rebooted like 2 movies ago? And it's not like there have been any movies about the X-Men in the present, aside from Deadpool kinda.

It wouldn't be hard to say they're part of the new X-Men canon that came from DoFP

eh, i consider story point that more like the star wars extended universe. they fill gaps that dont really need explaining.

We still have a million different mutants to play with that haven't shown up in the movies. I'd rather have them than OC's

>There's money in the MCU and there will be in the forseeable future.

Tell that to Agents of Shield and Agent Carter

4 seasons so far for AoS and 2 for Carter.

Not exactly doing bad

And the Netflix shows

the main character is not the only person in it with powers. Basically the entire supporting cast has powers. The Hellfire Club plays a big role in it.

>Calling it now, none of the characters are real except Legion.

Nah, good guess though

but they both got/are going to be cancelled so its not definite, infinite money.

So? Very few shows are infinite.

And how exactly would working with Marvel be bad for Fox?

Sony rebooted Spider-man and it's getting massive hype because it's part of the MCU

>It's even canon to the movies
Because that means anything at all with it's fucked up timelines

I never said it would be bad for Fox, but I think the mutants work much better as their own universe divorced from the MCU.

The Strain is absolutely terrible and everyone knows it.

but there will be more shows and more movies, agents of shield getting canceld wouldnt hurt the universe, and agent carter was a flashback show, we always knew how it would end. with alzheimers.

>The Strain was great