Recommend me some Lovecraftian movies

Recommend me some Lovecraftian movies

why there are no big budget or at least widely known good lovecraftian movies?

He's a racist

So was Robert E. Howard and several Conan films have been made and one actually became a cinematic classic.

It was a different time

lets

Why didn't they make a decent Lovecraft film back in the 1980s then, Sup Forumscuck?

>Lovecraftian
more like Chambersian

this hack
stole his best ideas and make it his own

tease

The Void is Lovecraftian even if it tries a bit too hard. Great movie and it's on American Netflix.

you

They did

Straight from his stuff, Dagon is great

a bit ;)

Meant for

What about Kafkaesque?

M (1931)
The Wicker Man
The Village

"Lovecratian" can mean a number of different things (which can overlap):
1) is based on Lovecraft stories - there are, to my knowledge, no good films in this category
2) has a spooky small town New Englandish atmosphere - The Mothman Prophecies does a good job conveying this sort of vibe
3) has a spooky 1920s/30s sort of atmosphere, potentially with strands of theosophy - not sure, but there's probably some stuff that fits. Any sort of film that refers to mystic ancient cultures in Tibet, etc... is tangentially related.
4) has a scholarly, intellectual feel revolving around a quest for knowledge - The Ninth Gate is pretty good for that, and it also conveys some of the Lovecraftian concern with old buildings and architecture
5) extraterrestrial intelligence, cosmic horror, cosmic wonder, and scientific mysticism - 2001: A Space Odyssey is a great example... also some aspects of the original Alien qualify
6) Dream Quest-y surreal stuff dealing with poignant journeys through fantastic realms - I though that The Cell (2000) actually did a pretty good job of conveying this
Overall, I would say that 2001: A Space Odyssey is the finest Lovecraftian film I'm aware of.
The X-Files sometimes effectively tapped into some combination of #2, #4, and #5

del Toro was gonna do Mountains of Madness but then Prometheus happened

Because most of his stories are badly written.

Gay Niggers from Outer Space

Possession

>This movie's score

The Void or Enter The Void?

That's not what lovecraftian means. Its like a feeling of existential powerlessness

Indeed, the score is wonderful.