'Hellboy 3' Moves Forward, Guillermo Del Toro To Meet With Ron Perlman And Mike Mignola

IT'S HAPPENING

moviepilot.com/p/guillermo-del-toro-moves-forward-with-hellboy-3/4193014?utm_source=fb-channel-horror&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=hellboy-3-moves-forward-guillermo-del-toro-to-meet-with-ron-perlman

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QFCNKOAO5G8
quora.com/Why-did-HBO-decide-NOT-to-adapt-Naoki-Urasawas-Monster-after-Guillermo-de-Toro-pitched-it
youtube.com/watch?v=VwDs8j3ZS-M&t=0m15s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

moviepilot is not a source

If they do make a third film, I hope it's better than the first two. They're so average.

But Mike Mignola hated the movies.

And since it had a shoehorned in romance plot and turned a competent guy into a government buffoon, I'm inclined to agree.

Sadly, I have to agree.
I really enjoyed it on my first watch, but my feelings have soured over time. And seth mcfarlane....eh. He's trying, but it just feels out of place for me

I really hope this is true.

I thought Mignola liked the movies. He`s been working with Del Toro as a character designer frequently after that, so there`s no bad blood.

Besides, if he hated the first, why would he okay the second? Doesn`t he own the rights to Hellboy after all?

>And since it had a shoehorned in romance plot

Abe and Nuala? It wasn't bad. And I can scarce blame Abe. Nuala was cute.

Also, it gave us this scene. Which happens to be my favorite of the movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=QFCNKOAO5G8

Forgot pic.

Dammit, Movie Abe is adorable.

>read BPRD
>Abe comes across as a highly competent stoic trying to lead a fractured team
>watch Hellboy
>hes just fish C3PO

no i dont really want a hellboy 3 thank you

Javolt. I'd prefer Hellboy: BPRD, or Johan: Dragonkiller (still fucking hyped over that)

Not to mention he was the one who told del Toro to writer whatever he wanted and not follow the comics.

Even her brother was into her.

Mignola also realized that when he dies, all the media outlets will represent him with a picture of Ron Perlman. So he's made peace with the existence of the films.

>Even her brother was into her.
Would you not twincest with her?

Doesn't he feel what she feels? So dicking her wouldn't be also like dicking himself?

Also how come twins are always incestual with each other in fiction? Even their gender orientation doesn't matter because Obsidian was hella gay and he was still into his sister.

I would hope for an adaptation of The Storm and The Fury, maybe leaving a cliffhanger for Hellboy in Hell.

What would you guys want to see. An adaptaion like 1 or OC shit like 2?

Isn't Perlman going to run for president?

No, I mean Hellboy and Liz.

what?

Would be hilarious if he actually went through with it. And at this point, nobody can tell him he's underqualified.

>maybe leaving a cliffhanger for Hellboy in Hell.

I doubt they're going to leave a cliffhanger. Perlman's not getting any younger. IF Hellboy 3 is made, it's probably going to be the last one because Perlman will be too old to continue. Unless they do a reboot.

>Doesn't he feel what she feels? So dicking her wouldn't be also like dicking himself?

I know that whatever wound one suffers, the other will be subject to it as well. But one actually experiencing what the other is feeling in every possible way? I kinda doubt it.

>Also how come twins are always incestual with each other in fiction?
Because unless most cases of twins experiment and never say anything, it seemingly rarely happens and is thus an appealing thing to writers to use... I guess?

it's the classic question of "would you fuck your clone given the chance" only real

>No, I mean Hellboy and Liz.

Well what the hell did you expect from those two? They were established as a couple by the end of the first movie. You thought they were going to drop it completely?

>Also how come twins are always incestual with each other in fiction?
my basic biology is rusty but my theory is that because they were once the same egg they are basically the same person and there for sex is more like mutual masturbation. kinda like the clone "now neither of us will be a virgin" meme.

but again this could all be completely retarded if my memory of how twins are created is wrong, which it probably is.

same egg is only true for identical twins

opposite sex/fraternal twins are two eggs

They could have broken up between films and explained it in a short scene. Would have been better, probably.

Not establishing them as a couple in the first place would have been great.

>Perlman
>Trump
>Kanye
>Maybe Chris Rock
Entertainment killed politicians

>Entertainment killed politicians
I feel like I've already read this parody.

then everything I said there is dumb.

I mean yes but you were kind of right about twins once being the same egg

it's called reality

This is what I meant.

Making them a couple period was a mistake, I wasn't just talking about 2.

This would be great if it's true. Unlike others, I don't mind the romance subplot all that much. The second movie was a little weak though. I hope we get a slightly more badass Abe this time.

Oh so the "not muh" people finally got their claws into Hellboy, which for years was the ONE series that had people smart enough to go "These movies are good enough as movies that it doesn't matter."

You know, like literally every adaption should be judged as. it's a shame, guess we can't talk about them here anymore now too.

I enjoy them as movies in their own right, but they're not great adaptations.
And that's alright, I guess.

>hellboy
>average
>even for the time

nigga is you dumb?

Nailed it. The movies are a sad fluffy approximation of the beautiful atmosphere the comics present, and now we're so far outside the canon of what I give a shit about that the movies truly hold no interest for me.

Comic Abe is hard in the beginning, not some nerd.

if you fucked Nuala, you think her brother would feel it?

>fish C3PO

lol

>Comic Abe is hard in the beginning, not some nerd.

Okay. I still think it's a decent movie and a good scene and think that Nuala is cute.

No. I don't think they feel what they other experiences. They just sustain the same wounds.

Can it just adapt all those short stories into one movie?
Would be sweet.

This

>he's all yours now
D'aww!

>A fan asked if Mignola could share any anecdotes from working with Guillermo del Toro on the “Hellboy” films. “There’s always been a little competition between me and del Toro, and I looked at him one day and said: you win,” he said. “Because I know that someday if I get run over by a bus, Entertainment Tonight or something is going to run a story where they say, ‘Mike Mignola, creator of Hellboy is dead,’ and they’re going to show a picture of Ron Perlman.” Mignola said that he realized when a movie is made of your work, you’re always going to be in the shadow of that mass media representation

Noice.

Yes.

So if you tear her ass he would feel it?

I'm never getting hype for another Del Toro project until it's actually out. Where's my live-action Monster? Where's my Silent Hills? Where's my PacRim 2? Where's my PacRim TAS?

>Where's my PacRim 2?
Coming soon :^)

>live-action Monster
He was making that?

For HBO, no less.

Yep. Emphasis on WAS quora.com/Why-did-HBO-decide-NOT-to-adapt-Naoki-Urasawas-Monster-after-Guillermo-de-Toro-pitched-it

You mean like literally sundering the flesh of her sphincter? Probably.

This is the Hellboy thread, so I'm asking here.

Weird Tales Omnibus. Is it worth getting?

Nice

I just bought it. I'm not done reading it, but it has been worth the money so far. If not just for the Guy Davis stories (which are canon) in the beginning.

Is it?

As long as the quality is high, I don't mind canon or apocrypha.

Mignola is so based. I want to shake his hand and thank him for Hellboy and all his stories.

Yes. Please. I need this movie.

Reagan?

Anyone got the Mignolaverse in order image?

The only thing I didn't like about the movies was the ending reveal in the second one.

Also I don't think Hellboy's make-up holds up well in today standards and considering the original design. Too clay-like and '90s. I feel like he needs a "redesign".

Wheres my fucking At the Mountains of Madness?

He didn't hate it, he just made it clear that this was Del Toro's version of Hellboy and he considers it separate from the comics. Yes he's kind of disowning it, but I don't think there was anything malicious about him doing so. I think Mignola would appreciate the make-up and special effects, even if the story and characters are completely non-canon.

The second movie sucked in that it completely destroyed any and all character development made in the first movie.

This and fuck that pregancy ending with triplets or twins, fuck off this isn't Shrek.

After I get my own copy of Hellboy Library Edition: Volume 3, which one should I get next? So far I have 1 and 3 is on the way.

Funnily enough, for the German dub, the same guy who routinely voices C3PO, Joachim Tennstedt, is also Abe's voice actor.

In the trash. Sadly, it will most likely never see the light of day.

Can we replace Liz with Alice? Selma Blair is too old now.

i really liked the first one. they did the better Cavendish incident and i think the hellboy's liason made the movie.

hell fucking yeah!

Traditionally 4 comes after 3.

Here you go.
Of course if you don't have 2 yet, get that rather than 4.

god I love this scene. I can't wait to see him in Star Trek Discovery, which is seeming to come together amazingly.

Perlman would be based though

also Baldwin, something tells me he's not far from it

white aliens are so fucking hot

Thanks

I don't see any HP Lovecraft weirder stories working. If anything it would have to be Shadow of Innsomoth or something more grounded and less dream hoping.

So why would you skip over 2 to begin with?

Wake the Devil and Conqueror Worm are my favorite Mignola stories, art wise. Bram Stoker's Dracula and Fahrd and the Gray Mouser aside.

I see. You go get that Edition 2 now, y'hear?

anyone know a good place for BPRD collected on the web. haven't caught up in long time

Buy it.

gettin there user, dont have enough disposable income to buy everything all at once, but I take your point

I got the softcover Plague of Frogs omnibuses for something like 80 euros, don't despair.

Killed by fucking Prometheus.

They should've introduced Kate, if anything

Source?

It might predate his coming out

They could face off in 2020.

I can only answer for cousins, hot as fuck and a bit confusing when we figured out we were related.
Fortunately we're both guys so no harm, no banjo playing inbreds.
It was seriously weird, it was mainly his wife trying to get me into the sack for a threesome.

Is he fucking retarded? Comics and movies are two separate mediums. They're not in direct fucking competition. People going to see HB3 will not take money away from Mignola--if anything it will GIB money to him because muh movie rights and muh character copyrights. Del Toro excels at HB cinema, Mignola excels at HB in his original element. It's not a pissing contest.

I respect his art but I never knew he was such an insecure fuck like this. That's kind of sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=VwDs8j3ZS-M&t=0m15s

True story, he came up with Joe Golem around the time of the first film in case it fucked up so bad he never wanted to look at Hellboy again.

Clearly that wasn't an issue, since we wouldn't see Joe for, what, 12 more years?

I'll fight you.

He still prolly has reserved rights or some form of executive decision.
At the very least they'd want his blessing.

He's saying that the media will sum up his whole life with an image from the ADAPTATION of his work rather than his work itself. Doesn't that sound a little annoying?

It's just because TV loves to suck Hollywood dick, though.