Alien Covenant

How does it stack up to the other Alien films?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A>A2>Prom>AC>A3>AR

Havent seen AC but its worse than Prome? that doesnt sound great... why watch aliens when you can watch apes...

Horseshit fanfiction by senile old man only marginally less retarded than Prometheus.

pure shit

It's incredibly bad. No matter what you might have heard, it will be worse than that.

The only good Alien films are the first two.

Having said that:

A>A2>Prometheus>AR>AC>A3>>>>>AVP

Covenant takes everything Prometheus did wrong and cranks it up to 11.

very good, interesting and orginal. but i don't watch capeshit

Scott and / or the studio gave ground to the plebs who wanted Aliens directly to their faces in every minute AND gave up most of Prome's achievements / features.

To a certain point, I enjoyed it. Then the cheap action shots combined with the painfully obvious "twists" spoiled it. Ironically, it made me appreciate Prome more.

>let's make an aliens film
>except aliens aren't the threat of the film
Not a bad take on the old aliens formula, if you ask me. The execution was off, though. The spores bullshit was excrutiatingly bad.

At least the story is somewhat coherent. Prometheus starts feeling like a fever dream at some point.

Shoving Xenos to the face of the viewers is simply cheap and counter-productive. Remember, the main reason behind the horror in the first Alien movie(s) was their more subtle, indirect and mysterious portrayal.

I watched Prometheus NOT knowing it was an Aliens movie, and though it's flaws were apparent it was enjoyable. Same goes for Covenant until a point too, but after it's cheapness and super obvious plot kills it.

Better than all of them but the first two.

I think the best way to describe it is that it's half pretty decent alien movie half really dumb bullshit that ruins the entire thing. Just like prometheus.

it's mindblowing how good the sets can look, how decent the filmmaking and score can be, yet how utterly retarded every single character except the android are.

>Prometheus starts feeling like a fever dream at some point.

It's possibly even worse than Resurrection. Definitely the worst or second-worst Alien film.

Alien > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Aliens > Alien: Resurrection = Alien: Covenant.

No.

A > A2 > A3 > AC > AR

Prometheus is just garbage.

>what if there's this magnetic wave that kills some crew members to start off the movie
>doesn't sound dumb enough
>well what if they abandon their mission to settle a habitable planet to check out a different planet in the other direction because there's a distress signal on a planet they know nothing about?
>now you're talking
>what if this hysterical woman with a shotgun blows up the entire landing ship
>yes!
>and like, there are little white skinned aliens that no one seems to be able to overpower
>yeah man!
>and what if like, the guy from hot rod is a cowboy and pilots the ship
>i dont know about that
>and he flies the entire colony through a hurricane to save 5 people, overriding protocol and endangering over 200 people
>YEAH
>and for good measure lets have an android fight

>Prometheus > Aliens

Please, have yourself aborted.

Alien =/= Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Covenant

--------POWER GAP-------
Prometheus
----------POWER GAP-------
Alien Resurrection

kekd

That idea, directed by Sam Raimi, comedy gold.

>what if like, the guy from hot rod is a cowboy and pilots the ship

Scott is a hack

it doesn't, because it's not an alien film.
covenant is a sequel to prometheus.

It doesn't.

it's so bad i've forgotten almost everything about it

It's not canon because it's bad
Only alien 1&2 are real alien movies, others are just trash

A3>A1>A2>AC>AvP>Prom>AR>>>>>AvPr

Lmao I'm watching this right now, took a piss break and saw a thread on it haha what a coincidence!

Naw, fuck you stop observing me. I'm tired of it. Mind your own fucking business not mine

I wish the actionfags like yourself were the ones prematurely removed from the womb. You stupid cameronshitters ruined the entire damn thing with your "muh shooty shooty space marines" and "muh dysfunctional alien busting family".

Why does Fassbender always accept the jobs of the shittiest type of films? He has been in literally 3 good movies in his entire career. 300, Shame, and Centurion. I want to see him in a good film god damn it

Still, as much as I hated, and still hate GUTS prometheus and all its stupidity, they tried an "at the mountain of madness" feel instead of the "dude, ayy lmaos everywhere" of Covenant.
Just imagine a timeline without the intervention of Damon Lindelof. It's such a shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
it doesn't

Convenant is the worst without a doubt.

Prometheus and Alien: Covenant would be fine if they were Alien movies and were original science fiction movies instead. Being tied to the Alien franchise is probably the only reason why they got made in the first place.

*weren't Alien movies

A2 was a generic cookie cutter james cameron action film garbage that is non canon

Kino,don't let the Ridley Scott hating R*dditors tell you otherwise.

>davids lab is filled with concept art from the alien franchise

Watched it 2 nights ago. Held off because of all the shit talk from wankers on here. It's not great, but it's good. Story is solid and explains the storyline better, but there is some lazy/stupid character decisions. 6.5 or 7/10