>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #27 (January 25th)

>Rebels 3.13: " Trials of the Darksaber
mega.nz/#!ZIlFXRgY!OqC3-RV8vZ1pcD8k-mkn4IvTeGp23PyrY13gbyj5xsE

>Rebels Recon: Trials of the Darksaber
youtube.com/watch?v=netG0u3D2F0

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth _____

Post your Jedi designs anons.

MAGA

Jogan

FOR THE MANDALORE!

Schlemiel

Oglaf, in honor of OP.

Cylon

Is it dishonorable to tie the new mandalore up?

Only if she objects to it, and it looks like she isn't objecting.

Part of the coronation.

Honestly, what are the chances that the red font on the Episode 8 logo is actually signalling the return of Maul?
It's the sort of thing I know I shouldn't get my hopes up for, but I will be dreadfully disappointed if it doesn't happen

It was her idea to start with

Slim. Besides, if people got blasted over Saw being in Rogue One, I can only imagine how the uninformed would react to seeing Maul alive and well in the ST era.

I highly doubt it.

I imagine its because of the Knights of Ren.

Who /pessimistic/ here?

I have a terrible feeling that Episode 8 is going to be really bad, rather than merely disappointing like TFA was.

I think it'll be fine, but leave fans a little disappointed in terms of certain reveals if you will, which will bring down the film. Such as Rey's parents, how Maz got the lightsaber, and who Snoke is.

Otherwise outside of those, I think it'll be better than TFA.

He won't ever reappear in the movies. Too much required watching to make that happen.

I'm not hopeful at all. Just no interest. I hope to see more anthology movies though.

>Such as Rey's parents
I might be in the minority that still wants her to be a Skywalker. I'll be disappointed if she isn't.

Just have him explain it, it really isn't difficult to understand what happened.

>if people got blasted over Saw being in Rogue One
People didn't like him in the movie?

Eh, I'm always expecting disappointment, just so I'll be surprised if the movie was actually good. After TFA though, I just have no real interest in the "Main" movies that much anymore.

> You will never tie Sabine up and tickle her tummy until she begs for mercy

I'd honestly hate if she was a Skywalker, it just feels so...expected, ya know? I much prefer the Obi-Wan Granddaughter thing or the Sabine connection, but as long as she isn't Leia or Luke's I don't particularly care.

I'm fully expecting her to be Luke or Snoke's though.

you are now picturing Sheev doing that to Maul

The title isn't exactly inspiring optimism. I really don't want it to end with Luke dying. Not because of how I feel about the character. But because if he dies, it'd be outrageously absurd for Rey to somehow be able to carry on the legacy of the Jedi Order and rebuild it. It was already pushing it with Luke considering how very, VERY, little training he had. But Rey after ONE movie that picks up right immediately after where the previous left off? Nah. Unless the title is referring to Luke, I've got a bad feeling about this.

I really want her to be connected to Palpatine somehow.

>or Snoke's though.

Snoke isn't human.

I don't know, I just don't want the Skywalker name to die out. Ben's a Solo. His parents are a central part of his character. It just doesn't feel right.

Grown up Rotta the Hutt when

Fucking faggots at Disney and Lucasfilm not using the numbering

You know it's funny. If it was just Johnson himself talking then I'd be on board, since he has the right attitude(this is about character struggle, and story), whereas everyone else just talks about how mature and different this Star Wars is. Johnson was dealt a REALLY bad hand but he's clearly trying to work with it as best he can.

I think the big problem is that fundamentally Force Awakens wasn't really as much to build on as people thought. It's got nothing really unique to differentiate it from previous trilogy era's aesthetically except like two alien designs and a slightly different pilot suit. They're playing so tight with Jedi and a bunch of other elements you can't really introduce this big sexy new character or any cool original spinoffs.

Too late, wells already poisoned. Luke ONLY goes as far as the OT, then all his pupils die when he tries to go any further. Yoda's line about him being the first of the new jedi is totally irrelevant now because he never starts the new jedi. They all die and then Rey comes along due to unrelated means.

That'd be interesting, assuming its not something silly from the old post-RotJ EU.
I don't trust Star Wars on how interspecies work.

I just want luke to survive, carrie fisher is gone, and harrison ford wanted out, mark hamil is all thats left of the OTs legacy

Well its going to die out whether she's a Skywalker or not. Either she gets married and takes a different name or never has any kids.

>People didn't like him in the movie?

Not really that. Just all the shitposting and trolling that came as a result of having the movie referencing alternate material (books, cartoons, and whatnot). Obvious trolling, I know, but I can see it happening again if someone not familiar with TCW/Rebels were to see Maul alive and well in TLJ.

Admittedly, I have a bad habit of trying to predict normie reactions to various things.

I really hope they don't kill off Luke. That would just feel awful to lose all three characters.
I still think they were setting up a Finn x Rey romance. And he has no last name, leaving hers to be passed on.

>gets married to finn
>finn has no last name
>"i will just take your last name instead"

I've always held out hope that Rey would be a Palpatine. It would explain her being so powerful without her being a Skywalker, and it's the only twist I can think of that could top "I am your father." If they want to have their own mega-twist, that seems like the best one to me.

I don't think they're gonna go that route honestly. Probably have her be a weird Hermit like Luke, or if they truly want to pander, have her be a lesbian who adopts a kid and uses her last name.

Mark my words, they're going to pull something like Luke telling Rey "I am not your father." If Rey is actually Luke's daughter, it will be the most obvious and least satisfying plot twist in the history of cinema, so they HAVE to subvert that expectation, right?
right?

A ruined legacy. You could believably have some vestage of the old republic survive as Leia's character's legacy. Han can have some smuggler protege's. But Luke has no jedi. He has no legacy. He's just a sad old man with nothing left. If that's all that's left, it's not saying much.

>Rey is a Skywalker
>Finn marries Rey
>nonstop shitposting about how the Skywalker line is now BLACKED

they should fix that, luke deserves a happy ending

>Johnson was dealt a REALLY bad hand but he's clearly trying to work with it as best he can.
How bad did JJ hamper the trilogy with the first movie? He doesn't have anymore control over it does he? Are some of his ideas for the characters going to bleed into the rest of the trilogy?

>adopts a kid
>She doesn't pass on her exceptional midichlorian count
It would actually be pretty interesting to see an adopted Skywalker kid alongside a natural born Skywalker in the Legacy Trilogy. The jealousy that would arise from that situation, especially if they're not Force sensitive and can't necessarily fall to the Dark Side like Ben and Vader, so their arc goes a bit differently.

only Sup Forums

I can see it now.

>This is too hard Luke, why do I have to do this?!
>You're angry, the dark side surrounds you, you need to do as your told and follow my instructions.
>YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!
>No Rey, I am not your father.
>AARRRRGHHHH

Well, The Last Jedi is a shitty title indeed.
But then again, all SW movie titles are except III and VI.

I definitely think they're going to have a reference to the line like that. Have Rey figure it out and tell Luke "You're my father", or have her not be his kid and do as you say.

Don't you know? NOBODY deserves hope or joy unconnected to Rey. Rey is the real true heir to the jedi legacy. Rey is the one who will stop the dark side once and for all. Rey is the one who will resurrect the old republic to it's former glory unmired by stupid partisian politics. Rey is the one who'll take the Falcon down to eleven parsecs.

The entire legacy of Star Wars now rests on a stick thin british girl. Finn exists only to slavishly adore her and Poe may as well be irrelevant compared to the REAL best pilot.

You kidding? That shit would be everywhere on Sup Forums.

>The Last Jedi
I'm guessing Kanan and Ezra are not long for this world, are they? Either they could just quit the mantle of being Jedi, or they die off.

Come on, she wasn't that big of a blackhole Sue.

The Force Awakens The Last Jedi Revealed at the End

>Either they could just quit the mantle of being Jedi
That seems like the path they're taking. Wouldn't be surprised if they take on the title of Bendu as a reference to the original 'Jedi-Bendu'.

How will /swco/ react if ST ends with no more Jedi, Sith or trained Force users left at all?

Well Luke was the Last Jedi back in RotJ, Kanan and Ezra were never long for this world anyways. Especially Kanan.

The ideas are already set in stone. The jedi are dead again. The republic is dead again. Chinese knockoff Palpatine has an army of ipod stormtroopers and despite slowly working in secret was unconcerned with the loss of an entire planet despite lacking a cosmic empire(and that's how the other material is playing it. That they somehow built super star destroyers and have millions upon millions of kidnapped children the republic was too stupid to notice).

The original trilogy accomplished nothing. Everything is exactly back to square one.

There's no more Sith left but I doubt they leave the Jedi extinct, they're too iconic.

kanan was probably re-knighted by luke, and became the first official teacher of the new jedi temple

Like Disney would royally screw themselves in the ass so hard that it'd be ridiculous in terms of the Future of Star Wars, especially for normies.

Are the Ewoks live action tv movies canon? Can someine ask Pablo and update the Wook?

>Disney doesn't let Rey start her own super special "VaJediā„¢" order.

Ezra, maybe. Kanan doubtful. Kanan is either dead or will not only by Katarn/Kota but also Qui-Gon. He'll join the Bendu and be part of the Gray.

>star wars with no jedi
at that point you might as well remove blasters and starfighters

>Not going for the armpits

Pretty sure the only canon works left after the wipe were episodes and TCW.

As a person that always liked non-force users and wanted stories about the "average joe" in the SW universe, I'd be saddened by their loss. It would be like losing something really fucking amazing and the universe would be just as boring as any other sci-fi/space opera series.

If Luke was going to do something, he'd have actually left his stupid space ruins to save Han or the fleet or stop Kylo Ren, instead of leaving an obtuse fucking treasuremap with 90% missing until R2 shows up.

isnt this what the original ROTJ ending was though, they galaxy still shit, only a little less so cause the emperor is dead

what could he do?
he literally lost everything, the fact he didnt just eat his lightsaber out of depression is amazing in itself

We don't know what he was doing on Ahch-To exactly. Plus according to filming leaks he does take out the Knights of Ren on his own.

the RotJ ending has everyone celebrating, while people around the galaxy tear down edifices of the empire and partying, it is pretty clear that the empires days are numbered, even if they continue resistance

>what could he do?
>what could he, the most powerful being currently in the universe, do?

The emperor is dead, vader is dead, the executor is crashed, balance is restored to the force, and Luke has the promise of actually saving the galaxy.

The old EU was super retarded with holding onto the status quo but eventually they at lest let Luke do a new jedi order and ended the war.

Luke is fucking older than Obi Wan was when he died and the galaxy is worse off.

even luke, as powerful as he is, cant simply make the first order go away, or make the new republic start listening

I kind of feel like if the Sith are gone the Jedi should be gone too. Let's have new orders of Force users who use the Force in new ways.

Too little, too late. The jedi are still dead. The republic is still exploded. If you say "well he did it NOW." that still means Luke still failed on a fundamental level.

why would you remove something so iconic to the franchise?

Darth Yfitzwilliam

the republic has a good excuse to go to war, and without a senate, the military is free to operate on a blank check without red tape, and initiate martial law

if anything the problem is that they will become the empire 2.0

Darth Vader was iconic to the franchise too.

>the RotJ ending has everyone celebrating
Yeah, they celebrated, then they realized that they now had to make a functioning government, as well as deal with Imperial loyalists. The Galaxy maybe had a handful of years of actual peace, but from what we know about the New Republic, it got just as bad as the Old one in less time and became a mired government that was apparently full of First Order spies that rotted it from the inside out.

>I kind of feel like if the Sith are gone the Jedi should be gone too
But the Jedi don't exist solely to fight Sith.

Thanks, I assume TCW includes the movie right? I wish theyd retcon that and just include the show not the movie.

Which is still a failure for Luke.

Luke's job as a jedi is to guard the jedi order and the republic it protects. The jedi are dead, the senate exploded on his watch as grandmaster, and if it turns into something worse it's still fundamentally bad on his watch.

the prequels more or less functioned as his backstory, and even now he drives the plot forward a bit

Isn't it implied that "restoring balance to the Force" basically means no organized groups of force users like the Jedi or the Sith?

The movie is just an arc stitched together, but yes it is canon

>Luke, Tarkin, Kylo, Jyn, and Lando are all childless
All the great characters have dead family trees.

His sister, Leia who intrinsically trusts him and his judgement, has an entire army effectively under her command.

The First Order is not that big, seeing as how Leia's small army continuously beats them, now imagine what they can do if they had a Jedi?

George always intended it to mean removing the Dark Side or the Sith.

>the prequels more or less functioned as his backstory, and even now he drives the plot forward a bit
And nothing stops them from making Old Republic era prequels with Jedi, or have their legacy drive the plot of future Jedi-less movies in some way.

>tfw no episode of the clone wars during Order 66
Imagine
A random jedi and his clones winning a hard fought battle, and the episode ends with a celebration
When suddenly, right before the episode ends
Execute Order 66

>Kylo
>Great
Replace that with Sheev and you are correct though.

That's the problem you fucking idiot.

People don't want to see their victory completely undone by the next movie. It got that way to justify the shitty film concept.

I like it. Can I get some rule 34?