What went wrong, Sup Forums?

What went wrong, Sup Forums?

Why did they tease us with such good trailers if it was going to be so shit?

The trailers were the movie's downfall basically. They were so well-received that Warner had the company who cut them edit the whole movie and they turned it into a fucking mess.

I can't remember the trailer being good neither.

It's really something when you compare the first trailer with the last one. 2 completely different tones. Film is shit in my book, can't defend it for wasting Boomerang and casting Smith who phones it in the entire time

They needed to cut out a lot of the beginning so they could get more team bonding in

They cut it like it was a nineties music video. And not a good one. A Limp Bizkit music video. Well, that and they made it looks like filled the entire contents of a Hot Topic into an air cannon then fired it into a wall.

Focused too hard on Harley.

I read that a lot of the good ideas for the movie were scrapped due to the backlash of BvS. so it had re-shoots, and was edited like 3 times by 2 different companies or something. blame WB's meddling.

I only got about halfway through it before I had to turn it off.

I found the trailers pretty shit tot begin with.
Harley's not funny.
Will Smith is Will Smith.
Hurr dee durr music is off from action of the scene.
Joker was a man child or something, I don't know what to categorize that nasally laugh as.

Why was Margot Robbie so consistently praised? I thought she was the worst part of the fucking movie.

Half her ass was hanging out throughout?
Did she have any memorable lines or even decent jokes?

Why the fuck is Harley even there. Yes I know she's popular but there's no in universe justification reasonable enough for her to be there.

Not only is she to much of a loose cannon, she's also a completely useless no power having sack of dead weight.

That's because you're a contraction memer.

The thing about SS is that the actual movie that Ayer shot doesn't start until like halfway in. All of the intros and stuff at the beginning were supposed to be flashbacks.

Apparently it was structured like Deadpool in that there was one plot that cut back to everybody's backstories, but unlike Deadpool the studio recut the movie to be chronological.

You know, in every thread some contrarian faggot who had decided he hates Harley because she's popular has to ask this, and every time it's explained to you, you refuse to acknowledge the in-universe facts.

There is no point in explaining it to you because you won't listen. You're just here to posture. Please hang yourself.

That's kind of the point of a film trailer--to sell you on the film, shit or not.

Good trailers?

Half her ass hanging out, and she didn't have much ass to begin with.

Test audiences made studio nervous.
Studio ordered extensive cuts, re-shoots and edits to please test audiences.
Turned into a complete mess.

>They went with a supernatural antagonist and the portal opening in the city cliche

>They made Deadshot a sympathetic character which is why I hated Will Smith being casted in the role

>The villains don't really feel like villains

>Rick Flag's exposition scenes

>Jai Courtney being the best member and being cut short not even a rivalry with Deadshot on whose has the best accuracy

>Literally turning on a pop radio station and putting the first few songs they heard as the soundtrack

>Majority of the squad are Batman villains

>More batwanking

>Joker/Harley relationship

But the one thing that is worst than everything I listed is they didn't stick with the original cut. They tried to copy Marvel and they failed hard.

It must be so bad to be an oscar nominated movie with a critic score that low

did you see here in the movie user she was saving everyone's ass

Oh shit suicide squad got nominated?
Did Deadpool get a nom?

>What Went Wrong

>wrong universe
>wrong director
>wrong studio
>wrong cast
>wrong story
>wrong music
>wrong approach
>just plain wrong

you know they cg'd her ass in a lot of shots to look better. because as hot as she is, she barely has one.

I dunno, I liked it. Definitely popcorn tier, but very enjoyable.
Also I had just finished Morrison's Bat-Epic at the time and Leto's Joker hit the spot for me.

This.

WB executives insecurity fucked them over again.

The second trailer... wasn't good. At all. I could tell even then that this movie was going to be a mess.

The giveaway was the fact that the trailer was cut to be energetic and dynamic and doing everything it could to convince you that this was a quirky comedy... but there were no jokes. Ballroom blitz was playing, so there was that dissonance in the trailer itself, but but the individual scenes they were rapidly firing at you didn't have any humor in them, just potentially humorous contrasts between individual scenes and lines that clearly didn't go together outside of the editing room floor.

Right then, anyone paying attention could have told you that this was a movie that was lying to you about what it was. It was trying desperately to rebrand itself and convince you that it was a genre that none of the scenes actually supported.

Given that sort of decisionmaking, it would be a miracle if the movie wasn't a complete mess.

I doubt that the oroginal was good to begin with.

Most problems would still be there: shit vilain, shit motivations, cgi mooks for kids, shit action....

Using editing as an execuse really doesn't solve all the problems.

>shit vilain
Joker or Cara?
Because Cara was sexy and Joker was the best live action Joker yet.

A shorter list might be what went right?

Waller

She turned to a laughable CGI shit show and Joker, just wasn't Joker. His henchmen had more personality.

Simple.

The action was weak. The villains were weak (and Joker was a glorified cameo).

The master manipulator comes across as an idiot, because she picks Enchantress in the first place.

>Because Cara was sexy and Joker was the best live action Joker yet.

How much they are paying you shill?

>and Joker, just wasn't Joker. His henchmen had more personality.
Memeing fag detected.

I do it for free because I like the films.

Katana's costume

hell, Karen's acting for the sword talk scene

Katana's delicious midriff

Retard with low standards detected

imagine if you will a mission in which batman is shown to be out of commission, joker is on the loose, and the suicide squad get tapped to take him down a la zero dark thirty. harley is initially on board due to some being scorned business, but ultimately she is brought on to use as possible leverage against the joker. everyone on the squad wants to kill him, but then start questioning everyone's motivations. why do they have to kill another bad guy for the government? yada yada yada.

this movie would have had a decent shot if it kind of kept it grounded away from the fantastical and super natural shit they ultimately went with. like fuck, it would be cool to see how anti-hero espionage would have worked out. maybe a montage on how the gang got together or something.

look. if you are going to have the joker in it, have the joker in it. flagg was weird as fuck in the movie and as bad ass as viola davis was in that role, i had not a fucking clue what the fuck she was doing or why she was even doing anything.

no u desu

I think its funny how Rogue One featured a cast of characters that acted more like villains than Suicide Squad.

Based Disney

they tried an ensemble movie with a bunch of characters most normies didn't know and consequently didn't care about.
Then didn't have enough time to change that during the film.
Plus the villain was uber dull, And it was edited very poorly. Just like SvB

i constantly hear "they ripped off guardians of the galaxy"

shit i was they ripped off guardians, at least there would have been a chance this was anything but an incoherent mess.

>Rogue
You know the funny thing is that they acted more like The Rogues than the Suicide Squad

It was in part why they were the "rogue one" they were the people who made the dirty work for the rebels.

Smith was the only one who seemed to be trying in my opinion.
Sure he wasn't doing his best, but he was still trying.

harley should have gotten slimed in the movie

To me, he did what he always does and just plays himself. Which in some roles is perfectly fine, because Smith is a likable actor. However it was still a major miscast for Deadshot. About the only time I thought he gave a damn about his performance was during the target practice scene

My first thought when I heard that they were doing a suicide squad movie was 'Good god, why? This is only their third movie! Its TOO DAMN SOON.'

The whole point of suicide squad is that its a bunch of B and C list villain forced to work for the government, most of which you already knew because they were taken from various ongoing parts of the world.

Introducing all of these characters for the first time in suicide squad is just a baffling example of putting the cart before the horse. You can kinda get away with that for big name heroes, because everyone already knows who Batman is. You can drop him right into an ensemble and everyone can just remember what a Batman does. But nobody knows who Captain Boomerang is, and they have no reason to care about him. The fact that they had to spend half the movie giving you little snippets of the much more interesting looking movies that these characters look like they came from is like a perfect example of why this was a terrible idea.

>they tried an ensemble movie with a bunch of characters most normies didn't know and consequently didn't care about.
That's dumb, you could say the same about GotG and yet that one was a success.

They made the plot revolve around a world ending threat instead of keeping it espionage-ish in nature

The very presence of Harley caused shit tone of issues. SS is made in a connected universe, so if they introduce Harley, they have to introduce the joker and if they introduce the joker they have to introduce batman

The movie was shot like a really long trailer

>what went wrong

they killed off the best character :^)

This, where the fuck was flash, batman or fucking ww, she goes to fight a fucking cave troll but not a ancient witch destroying things around the world.

>HEY GUISE, LOOK, A MOVIE ABOUT VILLAINS
>literally your average superhero movie, but with some ''heroes'' wackier than usual

lol this whiteknight

plus they pussied out and didn't kill off enough of the team. Movie is suppose to be about a suicide squad, have most of the team actually die. Rogue One is a better "Suicide Squad" movie than SS was

Six weeks is not enough time to write a script.

The trailers for SS were garbage

>Did Deadpool get a nom?
No.

this, i fucking hate will smith so fucking much.

shit editing too

Ah, here comes Slipknot, the man who can climb anything!

THAT'S KATANA HER SWORD'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL JUST CUTCHA DOWN LIKE MOWIN' A LAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

Still can't get over deadshot

It's like taking the black green lantern but making him white and keeping the same name instead of him being Guy or Kyle

They butchered it in editing