Best Animated Feature of 2016

So this is going to win the Oscar, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope it won't, just for the rivers of salt.

No. It won the Golden Globe, so probably won't win Oscar.

you are everything wrong with the internet

It deserves it more than Moana, which means Sausage Party is going to win.

It will win because it's Leftist/Democrat/Liberal propaganda incarnate. Hollyweird loves that crap.

Jesus, I hope not.

Probably. People are really into the message against stereotypes.

Whatever gets the sequel approved.

Golden globes were cringe, how bad Oscars are going to be?

The sequel better have out boy Eddie voicing a character.

No love for Kubo and The Two Strings?..

Oh, never mind, it'll probably get snubbed like Lego Movie and Book of Life

Probably?

It's between this, Kubo and Your Name.

I like all 3 about equally but Zootopia is the only one that really has any kind of social message so it'll probably win.

I loved Kubo, but being pretty isn't enough for it to earn an Oscar.

Best scene that wasn't in the move:
(warning: it's very touching)

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

>wanting a sequel to a movie that was going to be the most depressing feature since Dumbo

you want garbage

what else are you excepting?

It was made by such people, it's extreme circlejerking.

Same here, it'd be hilarious, ironic and cruel. After years of Disney getting undeserving rewards to be snubbed because suddenly Hollywood decided to be apolitical because of.. Hmmm, Trump.

Sorry, but Zootopia had its chance and it blew it, How does it feel that our Lion King equivalent is actually __Frozen__ ?

As sure as the smugness on the fox's face.

You dumb bunny, academy members don't watch "cartoons", their children do, since Sing is a more recent movie that appeals to every kid it's gonna get the statue.

I've disconnected myself from watching animated movies for years but about a month ago I started trying to watch all of them that I missed. I've watched like 10 of them from the most popular list on a site and now I don't see anything else that looks interested.
Any suggestions on good ones in the past like 5 years? I'd prefer to just jump right to the gold instead of digging through all the shit

Ernest & Celestine
Song of the Sea
The Wind Rises
Leafie, a Hen Into the Wild (Original Korean version only)

Disney and Pixar movies are right now formulatic garbage, DreamWorks is on its last legs.
Only good recent thing I saw was Lego movie and Ernest and Celestine.

Everything else is not even worth mentioning.

Watch some French stuff.

Only if it has English dubs.
I'm not going to watch a movie where half the dialogue is people going "wee wee".

Fuck off Trump, go back to school.

I want Judy to sit on my face

I want Judy to sit on your keyboard.

I want you to sit on my hands

It got nominated.

That wasn't even nominated.

The Oscar will go to either Zootopia or Moana, the two Disney movies. The other three are freaking chinese fucking things and will be completely ignored.
And chances are it will go to Zootopia, seeing Moana didn't really resonate with children.

Should be it or Kubo.

I'd prefer Kubo, but I enjoyed both of them and thing they both deserve the little golden man.

yes Disney will win the Disney award

The biggest problem is they don't have to watch them to vote, so zootopia will win, biggest name, more parents took kids too it.

>Well my kid liked it, so I'll vote for that.

I'd love for Kubo to win but it won't.

The Golden Globe winner wins the Oscar like 80% of the time. Odds say it will win.

What the hell is wrong with mainstream news nowadays?

Who are the other three?

awesome, this movie have a potential to be a franchise starter.

despite being leftist propaganda

See

In terms of animation and story, it's better than Moana, but we'll see. Moana would benefit more from the Oscar from a marketing perspective so maybe it'll win.

who gives about brown people singing about coconuts?

If anything the film was anti-SJW. The most violent and ignorant character was the female sheep.

it was made by SJWs.
guy behind this feel, went to women's march.

What's your deal, man?

No.

Having the Disney brandname, however, is enough.

Wait... Byron and Rich went to the Women's March?

nah, just Jaques whatshisname.

Sure why not. Every Hollywood garbage gets an Oscar nowadays so this trash shouldn't be an exception.

>Your Name

no, it'll only be a battle of disney movies.. they nominate plenty of shit but they never give the awards to any one but disney.