Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Tommy DeVito, obviously. Little shit completely spaced on his shinebox.

Fucking millennials need to learn responsibility.

billy got out of order and insulted him a little bit

Tommy, Batts was just breaking his balls since he's been away for a long time.

Nah nah nah, he insulted him a little bit. He got a little outta order hisself.

He didn't insult nobody

He insulted him a little bit.

Let's do an in-depth analysis of the situation
Now they're at a party, everybody's havin a good time right. Tommy comes strollin in like an alpha male pygmy chimpanzee and Billy just wanted to have a little hug and kiss, good natured stuff, he's got seniority anyway, gotta respect your elders. Tommy's gotten a bit big for his britches and wants to be strong independent woman who don't need no mob boss. That being said, Billy took it a bit too far with the shinebox bit. He intentionally brought that up to humiliate him, and them basically told him to go fuck himself afterwards. In the end, everybody was in the wrong here. Sad situation really.

The oversensitive little man

Tommy. Disrespected a made guy.

i love these threads

I'm sorry. You insulted him a little bit.

i like this one

nah nah, he didn't insult nobody

Trips of truth

Manlets are easy to trigger

Do Americans really wear collars like that?

Before anyone answers I want you to consider a few liberties the film took with the actors.

The real Tommy Desimone was born in 1950 and was actually physically the opposite of Tommy, instead of being an angry little man he was actually a large hulking enforcer; the only thing they got right was his short-fuse violent temper.

The Bats murder occurred in 1970 and went down a lot like in the film, but this means that Tommy wasn't a hardened experienced 40 year old man getting his balls busted, he was a 20 year old, who, 6 years earlier when Bats had been put away had only been a punk 14 year old kid who shined shoes.

When you put the real life events into this perspective it makes a lot more sense that Bats, having last seen Tommy as a 14 year old shoe-shiner, would bust his balls.
The point is that in the movie it doesn't make as much sense because that Tommy is in his 40's so it looks like Bats is bringing back shit from 30 years ago or some shit and that makes him look like a real douchebag.
With that being said I would say that Tommy was in the wrong. Bats was a seasoned veteran who had done hard time and never ratted anyone out, while tommy was still an up and coming little bastard, he had to take a few lumps like a man before he earned all the respect he wanted.
Tommy, being a psychopath, was a little bitch that couldn't take a little banter so of course he ended up getting dealt with, and rumors say that John Gotti himself was the one that shot him in the head.

>disrespected
>pistol whipped and beat him while someone held him down then stabbed him and put him in a shallow grave

That's your idea of disrespecting someone?

Twenty years without a shinebox. Not a fuckin' peep

Are you fucking stupid? They're in their 20s when the shinebox event happened.

Thomas Desimone was born in 1950 and the shinebox event happened in 1970

Suffering from Fuckfaceitis

And your point is...?

Anyone else think Jimmy was the most scary guy in the room and not tommy?

He was the quiet, silent killer type

I hate to repeat myself but the last time Bats saw Tommy was 6 years earlier before he got put away so Tommy might have still been a shoeshiner/errand boy when he last saw him.
That night was the first night he saw Tommy since then meaning his busting his balls was more justified.

Yes, that's all true. You did say a retarded thing about the movie being untrue to the book because Tommy is in his 40s. He is not. Both Tommy and and Henry are in their 20s in the movie in that scene. Cunt.

I do feel Jimmy should've done a better job holding Tommy back. Sure this guy insulted you but we can get him later after he's forgotten about it when nobody suspected it was you that did it.

And yes Jimmy is way scarier, if Tommy's pissed at you you know he's coming for you and you can take care of it if you can.
If you piss Jimmy off he'll still smile and even bullshit with you have a couple of drinks and you never know when he'll take you down or if he's going to at all.

>Joe Pesci: Born 1943
>Goodfellas: Made in 1989

>Joe Pesci was in his 20's in this movie

Jimmy kept him there.
Joined in kicking him.
Delivered the killing shot.
Trolled Tommy into killing that mumbling stuttering prick Spider.
Whacked everyone after the heist.
Maybe tried to whack that Jew broad.

He should have been whacked too.

Yeah but unlike hothead Tommy that just tunnelvisioned and went straight for anyone who pissed him off Jimmy was actually smart about taking out people who pissed him off and that's why he survived.

Are you mentally challenged? You can't tell the difference between an actor and a character? You said TOMMY was in his 40s. Tommy was in his 20s in that scene, don't care if Pesci was 40 or 80 when playing him. You stupid fuck.

HEY OP...
WHAT'S RIGHT IS RIGHT

He didn't look 20 and nothing in the film points to him being 20

OH WHAT OP YOU THINK YOU'RE FRANKIE VALLI OR SOME KINDA BIG SHOT??

>favorite movies: every high school flick cast with 30 year olds

They talk about Henry's age (and Tommy since they've grown up together) more than once prior to that scene my dude, have you been paying attention to the film?

John Gotti had him killed but it was for something else. Tommy was banging a wiseguy's sister, and the guy knocked on the door and Tommy answered, and the guy freaked out and Tommy killed him. That guy was Gotti's close friend.

IRL Tommy was a 3rd generation mobster from a prominent Mafia family so he acted like a cocky prince everywhere he went and everyone hated him.

Kek

who was in the wrong here?

THAT WAS ALL THE MONEY WE HAD, KAREN!

Shit straight from the movie, just from the top of my head, they do mention their age some other time too:

>He looks around 10 years old in 1955, he seduces Karen a couple of years before the Lufthansa robbery and she calls him "a twenty year old". The Lufthansa robbery was in 1967, so he's around 20 on 1965 when he meets Karen, makes sense with the fact that he looked around 10 around 1955. The Billy Batts incident happens June 1970, henceforth he's 25 years old. Tommy is of very similar age, so he could be 23-28. So cutting you some slack and pushing him to being 3 years older than Henry when its stated when they meet that they're the same age, he's still more than a decade away from being 40.

Now fuck off.

one dogs looking one way, the others looking the other way and this guys looking like whattaya want from me?

Hey, what's right is right

The bosses. Fuckin' bosses. I mean, they're smokin' their Di Nobilis and they're eatin' trippa and fuckin' suffritt', you know, fried pigs guts? While, if I wanna talk private, I gotta go to a fuckin' bus stop.

TOUGH GUY
YOU AND YOUR FUCKING SHINEBOX

top zoz

I'M GOING TO TELL EVERYBODY THAT WALKS IN THIS BUILDING THAT IN 2R, ROSSI, YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A WHORE!

Pesci. Batts was a made man. You gotta get permission to kill a made guy. Pesci couldn't handle the banter and lost his shit.

Hendry

I GOTTA BE HONEST IT KINDA TURNED ME ON

had a blast dubbing this scene
good times
RIP shinebox

But billy bats wasnt killed by the shoeshine thing, jimmy killed him over not wanting to give his business.

YOU JEW MUDDAFUCKA YOU

Was he breaking balls or just being fresh?

The manlet is always wrong

Shine my fucking shoes!

the disrespect was acting cold towards Billy Batts. Tommy was still a kid in the eyes of made guys like Billy but he wanted to look like a big boy

the long shot with the restaurant scene mentions Henry being 21 even though he looks 35