Ok once and for all

Ok once and for all,
What the FUCK is this guys problem?

He literally did nothing but talk nonsense and have really shitty acting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wrong

He's supposed to appear inhuman despite being human. That's literally it. Replicants are humans, sometimes humans are humans, sometimes humans are inhumane.

THOT BE GONE

I actually thought Leto was fine and liked the idea of Wallace.

AMEN brother.

He was an autistic shut in with a god complex (maybe well deserved)

If you watch this short that takes place 13 years before the movie, his performance is a lot more subtle

youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ

>his performance is a lot more subtle
that short is a condensed and over the top version of what he does in the film
awful

Superiority Complex

why does he kill the replicant?

i can not make enough replicants but i am gonna kill this perfectly fine one for no real reason

>eyes are the window to the soul
he had no soul and was blind to the fact that replicants are like us
he considers them appliances, like machines
and that is mirrored by the implants that allow him to see which in a way makes him more of a machine than replicants
replicants are considered soulless and unable to empathize, but we as the viewer know thats not true
the very same could be said about wallace
his motivations seem benevolant; he wants to populate more planets
but at what cost?

fuck i wrote all this thinking this was a thread abut the character and not the actor

He wanted to breed a slave race.

Humans ruined the environment. All the animals died out, and humans slowly did as well. But they slowly replaced both animals and people with robot copies. The entire premise of the book and movies is just that all the characters are robots that people made to replace them, and they're either coming to grips with that idea themselves, or they're still struggling with their false human memories and identities. The book is called 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep', if that tells you anything about the tone. It's meant to be a joke.

I don't know why people keep hiring him.
Also that role was terrible regardless, original had the nuance of villains and heroes both being somewhat likable / justified in their actions. This character was just evil mustache twirling bad guy the character.

He fed the world and made compliant workers.

He is much more important than some pud asking what the FUCK is this guys problem on future Sup Forums.

this. dude did good.

SEEETHING

He did fine, stop whining.

He couldn't figure out how to make humans capable of breeding.
Wouldn't you be pissed?

Because he sees them as machines until he can create them with the ability to produce life. They are literally appliances to him until they can do this, and he can be hailed as their god.

It's pretty apparent

you obviously never read the book, stop writing bad PKD fanfic

I can't stand his awkward meter

Worst part is his character is pointless too.

>Everything has to have a point
Hi Chekov/Slackjaw!

Don't sweat, excellent breakdown. I've been lurking these shit threads to gather deeper understanding before my second viewing.

They could have treated this character a bit better, but you have to admit they evolved Tyrell very well. He's an industrialist so magnified by the future world's insane technology that his god complex is practically justified.

his scenes were so obviously added in re-shoots

Tyrell managed to make replicants able to procreate before dying. He bought Tyrell, and several generations later he still wasn't able to do this, despite numerous other advancements resulting in colonization of 9 other worlds.

It's not really nonsense, the frustration is understandable, it's the only thing he still can't figure out.

he's the disappointed God of their worlds; haunted by the fact his predecessor was the better creator

>robots

My only gripe with him is that he seems a bit young for everything that he has accomplished.