Okay, I have been under a rock. Why is this a thing?

Okay, I have been under a rock. Why is this a thing?

>tumblr's declared it their new fandom on the level of Homosuck
>animefags love it because muh GoLion roots

Is it actually any good or just overhyped trash?

It's solid.
Stay clear of threads if you're not into gay stuff though.

>>animefags love it because muh GoLion roots

Speak for yourself. I thought it was shit.

Its a solid action toon with interesting alien civilizations to explore, fun character designs and an emphasis on teamwork. It has mech battles, non-mech action scenes, humor and a well defined cast where everyone has a distinct personality and is useful. The episodes are episodic in the sense that the given conflict is resolved but you do need to watch it in order because it has a long-term storyline.

I like it but it isn't everyones cup of tea. I say give it 3 episodes (the first two episodes are a bit rushed).

>>tumblr's declared it their new fandom on the level of Homosuck
Is this a serious concern for people? I can't imagine dropping a show because I found out Tumblr liked it.

I can imagine not starting a series because tumblr liked it. Doctor Who, Supernatural, modern Marvel Comics, etc.

It's not for me since I've never been into space opera shows. But what's there is technically good, and that should be obvious to most. It looks crisp, although slightly barren. The voice actors do solid jobs. The action sequences are tough to beat, as far as 2D shows go.

It's sort of like a more competent version of Thundercats, and like that show, it doesn't feel particularly fresh or clever. I look for ingenuity in plots and concepts, and another big robot show was never going to do it for me. But for the fandom, the balance of humor, drama, and action, good visuals, and a few shipper-friendly elements here and there make for an impressive combination.

I'm okay with that. We need more traditionally animated shows to find success, even if we have to go the Asian route.

>The episodes are episodic in the sense that the given conflict is resolved but you do need to watch it in order because it has a long-term storyline.

Yeah, thats not what episodic means. Episodes are literally unconnected in episodic tv, whereas in voltron each episode ends by setting up the next.

>Voltron
>on the level of Homestuck
That's funny, user. The online fandoms aren't even as big as Steven Universe or Gravity Falls.

Can't you just watch some of it and form an opinion for yourself?

It's okay. It'd be 10x better without the uptight English brown elf girl.

tumblr has a plethora of shitty fanart, roleplayers, and other garbage. doesn't help that pidge is the tranny/genderfluids representation

tumblr bothers people way more than it should.

>tumblr has a plethora of shitty fanart, roleplayers, and other garbage

just about every social media site does. I'm not sure what makes tumblr so special here

>tumblr has a plethora of shitty fanart, roleplayers, and other garbage.
Yeah, but still not as big as Homestuck levels or Steven Universe and Gravity Falls.

>Supernatural
Kripke-led SN is absolutely fantastic tho

No other genre show did season arcs better imo

Solid and fun in fact.

The problem is that the Voltron threads are dominated with homoerotics.

It would've been completely unbearable if it wasn't for the fact that there were discussions in these threads.

the show itself is decent, something to fill the void in western animation left by Korra
the fandom though is fucking putrid cancer

In both cases what they think should really be irrelevant and chances are you wouldn't even know they liked something unless it is brought up here by the people who for some reason love being up to date with that sites fads and new interests. It never effects you unless you know those people personally, not like starting a show they like means you have to chat them up about it suddenly.

She really pissed me off the second half of the latest episodes. I get that a group killed your people so the hate is justified to a point but when a guy literally dies to protect you at least give one or two of them the benefit of the doubt instead of yelling "It's a trick!" more often than Hercule.

>animefags love it because muh GoLion roots
There are people who give a shit about GoLion?

Season 1 was pretty good except for being a bit stagnant before the finale. (If I hear the word "Balmera" one more time, I'm gonna shit).

Haven't watched season 2, but it's possible that it is just as good, or better. Or it could be worse, if the creators became aware of their fandom and decided to pander to them.

I swear, the internet is the worst thing to happen to creative media. Creators should NOT be able to so openly hear feedback from their fanbase.

The problem is that Tumblr liking a show is often a red flag. It usually means that the show values meme-level humor, shipping and pandering over actually being any good.

You are tumbler.

Fujo garbage made only for fujos.
No.

Dreamworks has a big library of old properties they've got and want to do more with.
So, Voltron and Trolls.
They also want to reboot Felix the Cat.

Voltron was never good.
Plebbiest mechashit since Mazinger.

I never watched the original, so I tried it (2 chapters) but I found it boring and bland.

anyway, try it for 2-3 chapters and drop it if you find it boring.

>The problem is that Tumblr liking a show is often a red flag. It usually means that the show values meme-level humor, shipping and pandering over actually being any good.
And yet the likes of Sup Forums are completely innocent of any of this, right?

Blind ignorance is a funny thing. It really doesn't matter if a bunch of people on Tumblr like a thing, because you can pretty much ignore Tumblr as a whole without any issue.

its a good show with a fanbase thats 89% shipping.
then again,if you only watch a show based on the fandom...you wouldnt watch any animated show ever.

>>animefags love it because muh GoLion roots
GoLion under-preformed and was forgotten when it 1st aired in nipland.

>And yet the likes of Sup Forums are completely innocent of any of this, right?
All of tumblr is guilty of this, while only a portion of Sup Forums is, and usually that shit gets sequestered to its own thread (see: the Frozen and Zootopia shitstorms). A show's popularity on tumblr is based completely on whether or not you can make funny/emotional gifs out of it to post on your page and get reblogs.

Ignoring Tumblr has nothing to do with it. It's just the fact that if a show is widely regarded as being "OMG SO AMAZING" by tumblr, then it's probably mediocre to shit. Nobody here is getting their nickers in a twist over what Tumblr says or does, we're just noticing a pretty obvious correlation.

Go back to watching Steven Universe.

Not even a weaboo, but why the fuck should I watch this when I've already seen the original Golion? Golion is batshit crazy with its violence and dark storyline like finding out Sincline (Lotor) was a rape baby (his mom was a human slave) that has an Oedipal complex. I've seen a few episodes of this series and they combined elements from Golion with the Lion Voltron series.

FYI, Vehicle Voltron was way better of a series. And the original Japanese anime, Dairugger XV was top-notch.

Why don't you watch it and find out, faggot?

>Golion is batshit crazy with its violence and dark storyline
It's also fucking shit. Being edgy doesn't change anything

It's pretty good in my opinion Voltron doesn't appear very much in the first season, but unlike all the other shows were the component mechs are useless when they are not fused.
The lions are actually really good on their own which I liked.
There is nothing gay in the show, I don't know why people make so much gay stuff for this.
The only tumblr like thing is that there is this girl who is pretending to be her brother for plot reasons.
Even then she still identifies herself as a girl so it is not even like she is really a tranny or some shit.
I would definitely give it a watch if I were you.

>It's also fucking shit.

So is this show, so given the choice between the two I'd take the one with more interesting writing.

>interesting

Yeah if you're watched only one anime. There's a reason why Japs don't give a shit about GoLion compared to how much Americans wank off Voltron. Ironically it just so happens that Lotor is the most interesting aspect of both versions.

Its the best thing to happen in this shit franchise which is faint praise for sure given that everything up to this point has been garbage but its still and overall solid show. There's a lot more focus on individuality between the pilots and their lions this time around so they're more than just dead weight until Voltron gets formed (in fact Voltron hardly appears in the first season) which makes it all the more satisfying when they do. Characters are well-defined if not a tad generic with Keith and Hunk being the only weak links if only because they're just bland. The world setting is a tad uninspired though basically ripping off every American sci-fi trope. Animation is great which is to be expected from Mir with nice 3D to 2D transitions that works seamlessly with one another. So overall its a great show for kids (bear that in mind that this is very much for younger audiences so if you're expecting anything eschewed towards young adults like Young Justice and Korra you're going to be let down) and a solid show on its own right.

>Nobody here is getting their nickers in a twist over what Tumblr says or does
The last 4000 threads, including those posted immediately after and even during the release of the new episodes, suggest otherwise.

>tumblr's declared it their new fandom on the level of Homosuck
I haven't seen a single Voltron cosplayer that wasn't just someone doing the 80's version, whereas Homestuck trolls literally invaded every comic convention to the point of where a nearby university had to shut down its art gallery for several weeks following its annual convention because someone smeared gray fingerprints over all the artwork.

So no, it's nowhere near the same level

It's alright. Nothing special like 7/10

Maybe stop going to tumblr so much

It's okay. Very predictable, but it's okay. Tumblr likes it because of gay shipping and I would wager a significant number of them don't even watch it.