Paranatural Thread

>my name is flipflip and i have to defeat the evil dragon hooktail to avenge my father

That's the end of this scene! Thanks for reading!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_graphics
patreon.com/paranatural
npr.org/programs/morning/features/patc/breakdancing/article.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>specifically draws attention to the background
>background is just a color gradient
>worse, the subway background was just shown ONCE in a single panel
>...and it was partly concealed by another panel

Will Zack ever go back and fix this mess of a comic?

>Comic starts as a kid fighting ghosts with his friends
>The art is good
>Cast is fun and memorable
>Fast forward
>No backgrounds
>Side stories keep interrupting the main plot
>All the characters who used to have their own thing are now all being written the same

I should have seen it coming from when people kept saying Paranatural was Bleach but done right, the signs were there but I didn't listen.

Has a single thing been accomplished in the past 3 or 4 pages? I just keep seeing this fucking turtle running his yap.

Even with the art lacking, i still count this as a good page. Eventually we would have to meet this spirit anyway so it's hardly an issue with the story, and it ended up being kinda fun.

We met Isabel's new spirit, granted once we go for scene shift (TM) we'll probably not see him again until the mid 2030s but... yay mild plot progress?

You'd expect drowning each page with soft pastel gradient fills to have a calming effect, but instead it's becoming strangely aggravating.

Zack's gonna introduce a new character again. I wouldn't have much doubt if their appearance had been alluded to in previous chapters (e.g those other Consortium agents in the 'Dream Center')...

Yeah, the only valid criticism I see for this scene is the lack of backgrounds.

And I guess here he reused two jokes in the same page:
>"Haha! I pretend that characters who will never appear in the comic are relevant!" just like with Cody and the third highschool faction.
>"You're not thematically coherent". That already happened with BL and Max (Sports? Magnets?).

And the composition is a complete mess.

But hey, I'm happy to see that Isabel is back to being darker. I didn't like her lighter skin/hair, it just looked wrong on her. I hope it's not just because of the "lighting" (lighting? does having that in mind even make sense when there are no backgrounds, just pastel gradients?). But I don't think so, considering that Flipflop's colors look pretty light.

The teacher investigation has been super underwhelming so far. One would think it would be a major plotline given the cover page of this chapter, but it's being treated just as background stuff while other things happen. And if Zack doesn't pull a shitty twist it's obvious Hijack is inside Mr Garcia.

But Zack managed to make us not care about anything going on right now in the comic.

Flipflop is pretty cute.

>thinks Hijack is in Garcia
>when it's blatantly obvious that Garcia is a red herring and what Isaac will actually discover is the reason why Garcia was floating in the creek

+1 for the reference, -20 for the continued lazy backgrounds

>why Garcia was floating in the creek
He's suicidal and can't take being a Middle School teacher anymore?

Hijack never left Jeff. They've been working together since the start of school.

Speaking of which, what are the current theories on what Garcia is?

>Thousand Year Door reference

Dammit Zack stop making me like this

A guy who's so lazy, he goes to school downstream. Duh.

Panels 2-6 look like they're just flats

I don't give two shits about theses characters and the foreshadowing conflict that their going to get into.

Fucking useless pages

>flipflip
Ya flopped it

Hijack is in the Principal.

>working together
>Hijacked people have no memories of the times that Hijack is in them and show visible confusion as soon as he exits

At best Hijack is going to try and have Jeff's bullies expelled once he's in Principal Pleezdoo.

He was, however, still in Jeff the last time we saw him, looking back at the Activity Club as he's finally led into the principal's office alone.

Just as planned.

Can he flip body parts?

is she gonna fuck the turtle?

Yup, I called it. Fucking called it and nobody cares.

When he flipped the box, was it then upside down or inside out? Is the flip a rotation or like pulling a sock inside-out?

is this brown thing a girl?

>yfw he keeps flip-flopping between ass and pussy

Well he looks suspiciously similar to a cousinhood agent we saw, but it seems to obvious to be that.

Good job user you missed the joke he's a turtle.

he's a beat boxing, break dancing turtle who lives in a beat-up box

its a cardboard box

OK, I already like this character more.

I haven't followed this since the end of ball hell and zack blocking people for mentioning his wrist.

Has it gotten better? worse?

Worse.
After ball hell it went into lesbian hell, and now we're in purgatory with a breakdancing turtle.

Nice. Why do good things have to always turn to shit? The comic was amazing in 2014 and it was growing like it too, but now it's just nothing.

Rotates 180 degrees pretty sure.

>he's a turtle.

Suddenly I remember this archaism.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtle_graphics

Reminder that Max, our main character, was told to sit this one out.

But no way is the MC gonna actually do nothing and all things go according to plan.

Max is going to meet Jeff with Cody and will find out that Jeff doesn't remember coming to in the teacher's lounge at all and that his earliest memories after gym are of talking to the principal.

sjw

Author put his dick in tumblr, it happens every time.

I don't know, but objective numbers actually reflect it a little.
patreon.com/paranatural

He started his patreon in February 2016, and his income has actually gone down since March 2016, when he had 432 patrons / $1,937 per month.

Now he has 422 patrons / $1,624 per month. Which is still admirable for just inscribing "I must not draw backgrounds" on his wrist with a punishment quill every night.

>inscribing "I must not draw backgrounds" on his wrist with a punishment quill every night.
Now THERE'S a reference I never thought I'd see again.

>end of this scene
Isaac/Garcia hour?

>his baggy pants are a trash bag
I really should've noticed that earlier.

And I guess his undershell area is like a wifebeater.

GOD DAMN IT WHO GIVES A SHIT GET ON WITH IT

He still got bitches to meet, no? the one that sent the message.

I forgot how terrible the colours were here, damn.

Also whi woulda thought we'd get to a stage in the comic where this is a decent amount of background?

Say what you want about his ability to competently run a comic, but Zack has proven himself to be great at designing spirits.

Yes but we probably won't find out who until later when Cody finally denies sending that girly-ass handwriting.

Everybody keeps talking about references I'm not getting and lots of people thought it was very obvious he was going to breakdance, but I'm not getting it.

Why was it so obvious, other than his ability being flipping things?

There are not many performances you do on a public urban environment like a subway platform. Playing music didn't fit Flipflop.

But breakdancing would, due to the 80s stereotype of breakdancing on cardboard.

And his backwards cap and baggy pants (actually a trashbag) clearly indicated his urban radical 'tude.

And a turtle spinning on its shell is comically close enough.

facebook com/notes/r16-korea/top-10-misconceptions-about-break-dancing/770225393014657/
>Another major misconception about Break Dancing is that we still dance on cardboard boxes. While this was true back in the 80’s, the surface which is danced on has evolved since. In the 90’s, the preferred floor to break on was linoleum and in the 2000’s, during the competition era it slowly evolved to hardwood panels.
>Some competitions are called “concrete battles” because they take place on concrete, paying homage to where the dance started. Despite the many various types of floors which are danced on, it’s been a long time since the culture officially danced on cardboard boxes.

The guy is a legitimately good artist (when he tries) and writes well, but really needs somebody to tell him to stop going overboard with the pointless bullshit.

Or this article from 1984.

npr.org/programs/morning/features/patc/breakdancing/article.html
>Last October, the members of Dance System #10 were performing on Friday and Saturday nights on street corners in Greenwich Village, breaking and boogieing on flattened cardboard refrigerator boxes, making $20-$50 a performance.

This spirit is the most adorable thing.