I'm totally disconnected from this; how's the Wonder Woman movie looking up?

I'm totally disconnected from this; how's the Wonder Woman movie looking up?

bad

how so

its in the dceu

The whole world's counting on her.

She's Jesus.

Should have given her a WW1 uniform desu

Honestly this, every dceu movie has been worse than the last. And SS broke me.
I cant get hype for DC movies.

Set in world war one, princess diana, a character who's whole jib is supposed to fight to bring love and justice to a world in conflict will be so disheartened by the events in the film she says "fuck it I'm out" and quits on the world of man.

Assuming the movie is well shot, well edited, well scripted and well acted (hahahahahahaha!) it will at the very least miss the whole fucking concept of Wonder Woman. And they're going to kill steve trevor.

TL;DR Being a WW fan is suffering.

Now I can't get the image of her crucified Wolverine style out of my head.

At least spend 20$ on the bluray. They promise to fix any problems in the film with the dvd after you buy it

>it will at the very least miss the whole fucking concept of Wonder Woman

What else is new?

Why do people who write her and want to "fix" her hate her so much? What it is about WW that it attracts this kind of people?

>They promise to fix any problems.....after you buy it

Just like the DLC in my videogames.
Fuck capitalism.

>And they're going to kill steve trevor.

When aren't they trying to kill the poor bastard? Just be grateful for the heroic death he will receive and the fact that will remain one of the most important people in Wonder Woman's till modern times.

>will be so disheartened by the events in the film she says "fuck it I'm out" and quits on the world of man.
Haven't they learned anything from the first two superman... Oh wait. They've already made this mistake twice, so obviously they don't care, and probably take a certain sadistic satisfaction in turning children's heroes into depressing wet blankets, while making oddly specific jabs at christianity but not religion in general.

It's almost llke a strategic attempt to dishearten children via a campaign of media subversion, but of course, that's crazy talk; Hollywood would have to have something in common across the board to unite like that, and as we know they are all colourful and quirky individuals with coincidentally similar surnames.

Hey, Wonder Woman quitting the world isn't so uncommon. Just be glad she isn't doing it this time because Superman broke her heart or impregnated her.

>while making oddly specific jabs at christianity but not religion in general.

DCEU's pure Christianity wank, bro.

Did you know that MoS came out Warner Brothers was paying priests and preachers to do sermons using Superman as an example and asking the church goers to go watch the movie?

Bad.

>Why do people who write her and want to "fix" her hate her so much?

She's too much like Superman superficially so they want to change her to set them apart. It's like turning Green Arrow into a communist and a bigger asshole to make him distinct from Batman, but in GA's case it worked.

>DCEU's pure Christianity wank, bro.
Christfag here.
I'm not happy about it, no other christfags I know are happy about it.
"He uses a SPEAR! lol so deep!"
It's not christwank, it's christbait.

>And SS broke me.
Man, fuck that movie with a rake.

I wasn't very hyped for BvS because I didn't particularly care for MoS, so I wasn't that disappointed with it like other fans were. SS though? I was really excited to see it after the trailers and knowing Ayer would direct it. I can't remember the last time a movie let me down that much.

Everything about SS spoke of a failure. The ancedotes about Leto acting like the Joker. Margot Robbie "lol das not what they said" in the trailer. The blatant sex appeal. Will Smith.
How any was surprised it was bad is beyond me.

The spear thing was more an Excalibur thing, but i guess it counts as Christbait also due to that.

user. 250 million isn't enough to make a good movie anymore. Buy the bluray and our investors will know it's worth it to invest in our next venture

>The blatant sex appeal.

There's nothing wrong with that unless you're an unfunny fag.

90% of the time sex appeal means the product is shit and they're desperately trying to sell it by sticking a pair of boobs on it

It's not even sexy though. Margot Robbie makes my dick explode and seeing her in that just made me want to take a shower.

You can do slutty and hot without it being nasty. She's a Shadman redesign brought to life.

Nah.

it's fantastic

I liked her as a skank. She's a nasty girl, after all. What with being with the Joker and all.

But then again i like my girls at crackwhore levels. I'm a very trashy person.

>Why do people who write her and want to "fix" her hate her so much? What it is about WW that it attracts this kind of people?

see
>She's too much like Superman

This is the prevalent opinion of the "higher ups". DC keeps giving WW to people who pitch "taking her in a 'new direction'". Thats why we get constant origin re-telling and retcons out the ass. The 'new direction' has almost nothing in common with what makes the character great or popular and when the tittle flops the suits say "see, you can't sell WW in modern comics, we need to take her in A NEW DIRECTION."

If this animated movie was a live action one the critics would have completely lost their shit. It would be one of the most hated movies of the year.

>I liked her as a skank

I don't mind her being the Joker's puppet, but I don't like her being his BITCH. It takes the light touch out of it.

It personally exceeded my expectations of awfulness, I knew it was gonna be bad but god damn I couldn't even imagine it was gonna be that bad.

There are studios that try and make movies that bad and dont come close to the level of awful that was SS.

She's his bitch, though. There's no light touch. Well, there was, but only because it was a kid cartoon. Look at the recent stuffs with her.

>The 'new direction' has almost nothing in common with what makes the character great or popular and when the tittle flops the suits say "see, you can't sell WW in modern comics, we need to take her in A NEW DIRECTION."

It's an ouroboros of stupid.

What I would love to understand is why she ATTRACTS this kind of people.

There are more people who want to "fix" her than actual WW fans.

What is it about her?

>She's his bitch, though. There's no light touch. Well, there was, but only because it was a kid cartoon. Look at the recent stuffs with her.
SS was so popular with the general audience (normies) that DC and WB are split on which direction to take Harley and how to handle her relationship with Mr.J
In the comics the push is to make HQ a Deadpool style anti-hero and having the Joker show up to smack her around and slip her the D will only work if she tells him to fuck off. But in SS the Joker was shown to have genuine feelings for her and after extensive test screenings WB decided to play the 'romance' straight to measurable success. Hot topic 15 year olds shelled out their dad's money for a HQ Halloween costume and WB doesn't want to give that up.

Shit could go either way.

Because Wonder Woman is only important by virtue of being Da Strong Woman of the JL and DC in general. She's never been as popular as Supes or Batman, but they want her to be because she's iconic and stuff, so they keep throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

It's WW1. Of course Steve's gonna be dead.

>What I would love to understand is why she ATTRACTS this kind of people.

Because of Superman. Superman's DC poster boy. He must be protected at all costs. So because Superman and Wonder Woman share a lot in common, and Superman can't be changed, then she must, specially since DC has been trying since the 86' reboot to set her up as one of his love interests. So she can't really be like him at all. She must contrast with him.

That's when the question pop in: "How can we make Wonder Woman different from Superman?"

The ideas are always to turn her into Superman's Akuma (or Gouki). If Superman's humble, she's haughty, if Superman's responsible, she's brash, if Superman's compassionate, she's cold, if Superman's calm, she's violent, if Superman avoids killing, she will kill as a first response... and so on. They've tried to turn her into a female Kratos since the 90's. It seems to have finally stuck. Look at the movies, the recent cartoons, the games.

That's reasonable if you're an executive or a writer, but that doesn't explain the "fans" (or un-fans) who want to fix her.

Why not just ignore her? They obviously don't like her, so why try to fix her?

It's not her. Every time an author says 'Im a huge WW fan' or 'I've been a WW fan forever' I call instant bullshit. A WW fan wouldn't have to preface his run like that. All a WW fan would say is "hold onto to your nuts, shits about to get real". It's people who ARN'T attracted to the character that keep getting the job.

Shit, I think the last real WW fan to get a run was Azz and you know how fast his shit got retconned.

There were rumours that it was going really badly because Patty Jenkins was impossible to work with or something. But the rumours just sounded like a boilerplate sexist rant so I don't know that they were true.

>make godawful WW movie
>blame failure at misogynists and patriarchy
>???
>profit
Let's hope the reboot after 10-20 years will be better.

Those fans are either shippers trying to make her into a better trophy wife or feminists trying to make the iconic super-heroine "better".

Dude, if you think feminists will side with this movie you've another coming.

Yeah, I imagine all the half dressed women will be a fair turn off for a lot of them.

you have no idea what ww1 was like if you think it wouldn't put anyone (ANYONE) off ever being involved with humanity ever again

Things "feminists" been already complaining about:

Wonder Woman's costume being too revealing.
Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor romance.
Steve Trevor being sexist.
Possible chance of a sex scene (or implied sex) with Wonder Woman.
The amazons being created by Zeus to serve him.
Too much violence.

B-but feminist are the enemy!

>But the rumours just sounded like a boilerplate sexist rant so I don't know that they were true.
WB wanted a woman to direct but couldn't find anyone with big budget experience. The fear was Jenkins wouldn't be able to handle the budget and the reality was so much worse. When the producer suggested bringing in a fixer to fire people so Patty wouldn't have to get her hands dirty she immediately pulled the sexist patriarchy card because she thought the studio was trying to stealth a shadow director in (not an unfounded fear, from what I understand). The long and short of it is the actual filming is a mess and no one really knows who's going to have final authority to bring it all together.
No matter what happens WB is going to make sure that since Jenkins went to the media and complained about responsibility then if the movie flops the responsibility will fall right in her lap.

Either way, THE PATRIARCHY!

So feminists are a tool used by Disney like puppets, turning the facts in the way they want, for satisfy their rat company bosses, and promote their crap.

They kind of have to but at the same time I already see how they're going to complain about it. And the sad thing is they're right.

The feminist superhero, like, the one with the strongest argument for being called a feminist superhero, is probably going to quit because her boyfriend died, then start giving a shit about being a hero again because ANOTHER man died and a third man asked her to. That's not a good look

But if they don't support her, nobody will. So they're screwed. I'm looking forward to the reactions to the movie. They're going to be more entertaining than the movie itself.

After all that shit about one scene in A:AoU, I can't even imagine what a whole movie with a female character will be like.

Yeah that's what I meant. Sounds like it was written by a comic nerd who seethes about women. Doesn't mean it's not true though.

Oh, and here's a funny one: some are worried if Wonder Woman will bone both Steve Trevor and Batman, for some reason, in the same movie, with there being this weird mathematics going on about how many men a female character can bone in a movie without looking like a slut.

From what i gathered boning a dude is fine and romantic if a bit old-fashioned and sexist, boning two dudes can make the character look slutty and thus bad specially if there's a love triangle, boning three or more dudes though is empowering and feminist as fuck.

Yeah, i didn't understood it either.

I am well aware of the Lost Generation. My point is WW1 was specifically chosen because they wanted to tell the 'Wonder Woman gets disillusioned' story. Which is a shit story. WW was designed to be the one person who would go through WW1 and fight for humanity anyway. Thats your WW story, that's being true to the character.

>implying most feminists aren't dykes

t. cuck

Also how did I hint that feminists were to blame? Although they probably are. If you try to write a normal woman with normal female feelings they raise a stink about how this is chauvinistic and enforcing stereotypes. So now we're left with "Cardboard Cut-out Woman: is the actress completely devoid of talent or is the character written that way? We might never know! But she kicks male ass left and right so please see our movie!"

Can't have that. In the DCEU all the heroes will be delusioned or misanthropic fucks that are inspired to be better people by Superman.

Because he's Jesus Christ.

Man, if they actually do a implied sex scene in the movie where Steve fucks Wonder Woman in some trench or something the response will be hilarious.

Anything less than WW kicking Steve in the balls, tying him down and pegging him with a trenchclub will be met with hordes of screaming turbodykes. WB can't win.

They could also do a repeat of Age of Ultron and make it so that Wonder Woman will lose her powers if she get intimate with a man, thus explaining the reason why she can't get physical with Steve.

Now that would set people off.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think that the reason she leave is because Ares or an oracle or something will tell her about WWII and Diana will lose hope because despite the devastation that happens, humanity does it all again 30 years later.

That or Steve will become the God of War at the end of this movie, and Diana will leave because she doesn't want to fight him.

Either way I'm sure there'll be some kind of montage at the end of the film about Diana trying to get involved in WWII, then slowly withdrawing herself because of wars with no good guys like Vietnam, Balkan, Turkey, etc.

Wonder Woman will save young Adolf Hitler in the movie, who she'll befriend, and later she'll blame herself for WWII;

In terms of rumors? Everyone is saying it's shit.

In actual facts, we don't know. The trailers look okay, it seems visually interesting, and if you're into period/war pieces, it looks fun, but I think it's a wild card. Could be good, could be awful, it all depends on the script, in my opinion.

I thought Wonder Woman was suppose to be thick and swole, not a musclewoman, but look like someone who spend her entire life wrestling in a tunic and putting in time in the yard with a sword.

At least part of it has to do with the fact that Diana can't keep anything past a single run. Hell look at Rebirth. Instead of telling a story most of it has just been Rucka throwing a big "FUCK AZZARELLO NOT MUH WONDY' tantrum. And that's not to defend Azzarello either. His Wonder Woman was a huge departure from the one before it, which was JMS, which was bullshit too. Diana doesn't have much by way of concrete characterization or plot or anything because everyone wants to do their version before the paint can dry on the last one.

Another part of it is because Diana's got the anchor of feminism around her neck. She's gotta represent this kind of heroic ideal *for women* and that changes every 20 years or so. Is she sex positive or sex negative? Is she peaceful or violent? Is she an ambassador that focuses on the big picture or does she rant about mansplaining? That answer varies from person to person depending on what their gender identity politics are. This turns her into a cipher for people to project their values on and, when combined with the earlier point of her not having a lot of concrete stuff, means that she's this kind of amorphous mass of ideas without meaning.

So when people say they want to fix Wonder Woman it's because there's no value assigned to what came before and too much on their personal tastes and ideas.

The thing is, everything you said is true. However, IF DCEU managed to make a popular Wonder-woman, it is very easy to suddenly make her the official template for the character going forward. But that requires that the film be a success. This just might be the one chance DC had in pinning WW down and give her a fixed backstory. But I am not holding up much hope.

>And they're going to kill steve trevor.
Seriously? In the first movie

If that's true, I'm completely turned off from this whole thing

>Why do people who write her and want to "fix" her hate her so much
Because nobody actually knows anything about WW, general populace-wise at least. It's less that they want to "fix" her and more like they think they know what is best to make her actually "exist" in whatever time the character is coming out.

I doubt anybody even knows more than like 5 people in her rogues gallery or the full scope of her powers.

>Seriously? In the first movie
>If that's true, I'm completely turned off from this whole thing
Most people can't agree on what kind of Wonderwoman they want, but most also agree they don't know what to do with Trevor. Trevor is meant to be a male Lois Lane, but Diana really doesn't have much of a secret identity in her history.

He's an adult during WW1 man. Even if they don't kill him to give Diana a tragic backstory (and they probably will) he's going to be dead of old age by the time BvS takes place.

They're not gonna keep him alive. He;d be 140 years old.

Having him die of old age is one thing. Just straight up killing him because "War sucks" isn't as bad as Jimmy Olsen's unimportant death but it's pretty up there.

JUST

Ask yourself what would be consistent with the DCEU as we've seen it thus far.
Steve is dead.

The only way Steve survives the movie is if WB is full Sony retarded and wants to give him a spin-off movie. That is also likely because let's face it, Chris Pine probably has to carry this movie.

They would probably fade to black, but I'm hoping they show some toplessness from the back as she rides him. (can't have Wonder Woman on her back now)

>Man, if they actually do a implied sex scene in the movie where Steve fucks Wonder Woman in some trench or something the response will be hilarious.
>They would probably fade to black, but I'm hoping they show some toplessness from the back as she rides him. (can't have Wonder Woman on her back now)

Do they REALLY need to fuck?

I mean, narratively, does the plot require it? One can't forget that MCU Steve Rogers never fucked Peggy Carter, and in fact they never officially dated. But she still was important to Steve.

If having Diana giving her virginity to the first man she ever met is a problem, then why even bother doing that at all? She can love someone without needing to prove it by opening her legs. If he was always going to die, then the relationship was always going to be cut short. And if that is the case then is it really needed that Diana gets busy in her film?

> implying steve won't end up on paradise island and not age until present day when he can return in modern dceu movies

i almost guarantee this will happen

It can serve as an important part of her growth as a character. For a young woman, coming of age can mean taking charge of her own sexuality, and that can be empowering. Whether DC has the chops to pull it off instead of making it a cheap thrill is anyone's guess.

WW only exist on the DCEU to suck Batman's cock.

I'm calling it right now.
The ending will be happy and joyful and Wondy will go back to Themyscira or be occupied for a while. She comes back to a see that Nazi Germany has been killing off Jews (which proves whatever point Ares was making during the movie) and she loses faith in mankind and her efforts to stop WWI just make way for Hitler who is somehow worse than Ares.

Gurantee this shit is the end. Somebody screen cap this.

I'm hoping she jumps on Superman's dick when he's revived. Just to make it a running gag.

Nah fuck it. I'm not gonna spend money for a "fixed" version of a shitty film. More so when the only thing they change is by adding more scenes that doesn't changes the movie besides padding it up.

>It can serve as an important part of her growth as a character. For a young woman, coming of age can mean taking charge of her own sexuality, and that can be empowering.
But is that relevant for Diana?
Diana isn't meant to be some teenager. What you describe just feels like a rather big stretch that is only used to push a certain element of women that don't really apply for superheroes.

I just have trouble seeing your interpretation being helpful to the film. That just seems way too off from Diana's own story and might distract from the film itself.

Unless it's about bondage games and loving summission, I don't much care.

What IS Diana's story? To save the world of man? Then she has to understand what it means to be with men. To have a connection with them. And sex is a strong part of that, especially when it comes to how men relate with women. That doesn't necessarily need a sex scene, but it would make for a stronger story.

Wonder Woman's understanding has never actually required interaction but rather has been framed as guidance from on high. What you propose is far too progressive for the property to withstand because then you beg the question of what business Diana has preaching to anybody considering how naive and myopic her worldview is.

DCEU Wonder Woman is already at least a few centuries old so trying to frame her story as anything approaching coming of age doesn't really come off as feasible. Just make her a lesbian already. Everyone thinks it as is.

Otherwise you will get. "Why isn't she saving the world before Superman" for the umpteth time

>Hey, Wonder Woman quitting the world isn't so uncommon

Yes it is

when test audiences respond better to Steve than to WW they will find a way to bring him back yes

Indeed, but that question will be there regardless, and if they don't confront it then it will give credence to the Mary-Sue accusations, more than Rey with Star Wars. Sure, it's Wonder Woman, but the name can only carry her so far since so many different people have different ideas of what that means. Abilities aside, its her attitude that will come under fire the most. Skew too feminist and they alienate the comic book crowd. Not feminist enough and they lose the .mainstream viewers.

And look at the trailers, stretching in front of the mirror in period clothing. She's already a naive fish out of water, and her later disillusionment is dependent on her being myopic.

>Wonder Woman's understanding has never actually required interaction but rather has been framed as guidance from on high. What you propose is far too progressive for the property to withstand because then you beg the question of what business Diana has preaching to anybody considering how naive and myopic her worldview is.
You nailed it. Wonder woman isn't meant to be an everywoman. She isn't meant to be "just like anyone else". She is supose to be as much of an ideal as Superman.

I guess if DCEU decided they want Diana to become an insecure human the same way they treated Snyder Superman, then they might go there. But it is a massive stretch consider that Diana in DCEU is an ancient immortal who was NOT raised by humans. And further, she got the Female Jesus role on top when her Father created humanity in the DCEU.

A few centuries living a life in a literal paradise. Without knowing anything of the world. Coming of age is a perfect story tread for her.

>Indeed, but that question will be there regardless, and if they don't confront it then it will give credence to the Mary-Sue accusations
What? Why the hell do you think a demigod should need to "confront" going through puberty?

Diana is a superhero, and technically a god. Anyone trying to accuse her of being a Mary Sue is missing the point. If you want a mortal female as role model maybe you should pick a mortal superhero to idolise.

>A few centuries living a life in a literal paradise. Without knowing anything of the world. Coming of age is a perfect story tread for her.
Then you just removed any right she has to lecturing humanity on right or wrong. The second you make her an ignorant child is the second she just become useless as a role model.

She is better when she is grounded.
Superman is an ideal but he's still grounded.
It's not entirely mutually exclusive.

>She is better when she is grounded.
>Superman is an ideal but he's still grounded.
>It's not entirely mutually exclusive.
Grounded in WHAT? She is a god in DCEU. You want her to have superpowers but incapable of acting like an adult? You want her to be as childish as Snyder Superman?