What do you think was the "forbidded subject" that got censored out of the Self-Medication DVD commentary...

What do you think was the "forbidded subject" that got censored out of the Self-Medication DVD commentary? Was it a reference to pedophilia? Or was it bashing on other Hanna-Barbera characters?

Haven't listened to it but I'd guess the former. Especially since Rusty is technically guilty of it even though she lied about her age.

I believe it was something copyrighted

>it's his fault for not carding every woman he sleeps with
>gets treated as the villain after he was forcibly removed from the life of the girl and child with threats of prison
That's what was really fucked up. It's not like he was a predator taking advantage of an inexperienced girl. Rusty had little to no sex to that point, so of course he jumped at the opportunity.

He was balding by then; I'm pretty sure he did it after Hank and Dean were born. The issue is that he's so damn old.

I would, however, agree it's bullshit that they blame him for the mom's mom not letting him see her.

also Hatred and they made tons of jokes with Captain Sunshine
I don't think they blamed him, the mother did. They just showed a fucked situation the mother understandably got pissed at the 40 year old man who knocked up her dumb teenage daughter who idolized him.

the show has referenced pedophilia several times

>he did it after hank and dean were born
>somehow the kid is older than hank and dean

Cloning, user. Lots and lots of cloning.

they ARE missing roughly a cumulative three years of their life due to cloning or bad paperwork . Maybe Rusty did this in one of the periods they were dead too. Also it was presumably in a time period where Brock was brought on as a body guard since she knew of Brock. Also maybe Dermott is just bigger than the boys

a) He mentioned losing his virginity at 20-something, I think 24.

b) He mentioned going bald very young.

c) Dermot is at least a year older than the boys, and don't give me the "herp-derp clones" excuse: it was stated that the bed records their memories every night, so the lifetime lost due to cloning is minimal, months and not years.

TL;DR: Rusty was in his late 20s, tops. And even if he was older, that shit was still fucked up. The overprotective mother basically blackmailed him to abandon a 17yo girl who loved him and his son.

>Was it a reference to pedophilia?
You have 2 major characters that are full-blown pederasts and one recurring character that is a pederast as well.

No, Myra said the boys should be 19 yet they claimed they were 16.

And in the episode after they got cloned they celebrated their sixteen birthday AGAIN.

Sgt Hated, but who are the other two?

>blackmailed him to abandon a 17yo girl who loved him and his son.
You mean saved her daughter from god only knows what would happen if she stayed with Rusty.

I would've assumed the Sean Connery character.

Who died under Rusty's watch besides the boys?

You think she wouldve ended up crazy like that Milf agent/ bodyguard?

Captain Sunshine.

I'm guessing it was eitheror they were discussing spoilers.

What is the copyright situation on "Action Johnny" and "Dr. Z" ?

That little kid at his camp.
You can't update the memory when there's no memory to update.
The time probably added up especially since Rusty would run away for months on end and was implied to do so most the times the boy died. So that's a month or so, almost 13 times.
They can't use actual Johnny Quest characters anymore. So Johnny Quest and Dr. Zin are knock offs.

He shouldve stayed with the group!

I mean, I don't know I hardly remember that episode. I just remember Brock trying to get Dean to fight Derment.

What would Dermott have would up like if raised as a Venture brother?

He'd probably become a supervillain.

He'd be on clone number 1X.

>They can't use actual Johnny Quest characters anymore
Does anyone know how they originally got permission and how they lost it?

The N word.

IIRC they were clear to use it initially because, being on Adult Swim and by extension Cartoon Network, they had access to Hanna-Barbera properties
However, there were internal talks of rebooting Jonny Quest proper, so they had to retcon him into Action Johnny to distance their image of Quest from the actual property, for obvious reasons.

>entertainment industry censoring pedophilia
What alternate reality do you come from?

Captain Sunshine was not

>Captain Sunshine

Dude, the whole joke was that he seemed like a pedophile but actually the problem was just that the Wonderboys kept dying.

Poor Captain Sunshine.

You deserve so much better.

>However, there were internal talks of rebooting Jonny Quest proper, so they had to retcon him into Action Johnny to distance their image of Quest from the actual property, for obvious reasons.

No, it's just that the execs got uncomfortable with how the characters were being used. That's why Sealab and Harvey Birdman were cancelled.

this is some quality english