I watched Saw and it was pretty good. Are the sequels worth watching? I've heard they don't live up to the first one

I watched Saw and it was pretty good. Are the sequels worth watching? I've heard they don't live up to the first one.

only for creative torturing/traps methods

What are your thoughts on Saw 2

bump

The sequels just kind of devolved into ridiculous and often over the top torture sequences stitched together by a plot that felt mostly like the writers were just trying to come up with the wackiest tangled string of continuity possible.

is it entertaining at least

yeah

If you really liked the trap sequences in the first movie then yeah.

>first one as a standalone is amazing
>second one is a decent followup but becomes tired
>third one is DUDE TORTURE LMAO
I assume the rest are like 3

Correct assumption

cant recall which one was that, but i think it had needle pit and glass armtrap in it

Saw 2 is good.

Then it goes downhill, don't think I finished the last one.

all of them were great except the last one that was 3D

they literally threw out (what was left of) the continuing arc and just had a bunch of contrived traps that resulted in something coming towards teh screen

also all the blood was a very bright almost pink color cause of the 3D bullshit if you watched in 2D

1>6>2>>>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1st is a modern classic, rest are trash

they're all varying degrees of trash after the first one. A waste of your time really, just watch a compilation of all the ridiculous gag kills because that's all they have to offer after the original.

If it wasn't for a few creative deaths and increasingly dumb studio mandated twists at the end of every sequel I don't think I'd remember even seeing them at all. They're not offensively bad just boring and stupid.

>saw is a modern classic :)

I don't understand the appeal to these movies.

After 3 you can basically skip to the end for the plot points. I marathoned them all over the weekend.

As much as Hoffman was a douche for making such brutal unfair traps only to relish in the anguish of his victims. I can't help but feel a little bad for him at the end. he was put in a headtrap with no key and only a 60 second timer and he still found a way out, then he came up with a convoluted plan to make it past an entire police station just to kill the roastie that thought she was untouchable because of her autistic husband. and after all this he gets locked to a pipe without even the dull saw to cut his leg off with. I hope he mashed his foot to get out like Eric did and he comes back to fuck Gordon and those survivors in the ass.

If you live to be 60 you'll see. I doubt it though, you'll probably kys sometime in your 30s

>saw fanboy is an edgy lil 12 year old

surprises literally nobody

Saw V is the best sequel and the only Saw movie where all the shit outside of the main game is interesting.