/trek/

Two cakes Frakes and a >tailor edition

Garak's a small guy

ELIM IS CUTE! CUTE!

>I'm gonna go to Trek Core and find some random behind the scenes picture that people haven't likely seen and then I'll bitch if someone posts a regular picture of a character that's beautiful and high res
I need a palette cleanser after that last thread.

We all agree that Elim Garak was sexually attracted to males but due to his occupation, he chose to be aromantic?

What would be the ideal Trek after Enterprise?

Don't just say post-Voyager with Borg intraquadrental drive.

No Riker is huge in more ways then one

there's a new trekfu in town

Daily reminder Dukat did nothing wrong.

Return to ds9

Leave it outside

Which one is Riker?

He's bisexual, like everybody is.

wow, rude

What?

go back to /STD/

Post Post Voyager
It's like the 2600s
The Federation has become flaccid and boring.
All the major powers are at peace and aren't going to change that.

So there's a new ship, that's going to go all the way to Andromeda with an experimental drive.
They're going to relight the spark of exploration in a galaxy that's already been conquered.

no, they suck

Sorry friendo this thread is for Star Trek, you appear to have posted an image from Hellraiser

>wow, rude
Yes, it's intended to be, you've got your containment boards here

Do the "Michael Burnham" thing even better. Follow a single character through seven seasons, rising the ranks from ensign to captain, with an semi-rotating cast.

He is omnisexual and doesn't form emotional attachments to people due to being taught that setenmentailtiy leads to compromise.

Reminder that bullying fat Riker is not allowed here

>So there's a new ship, that's going to go all the way to Andromeda with an experimental drive.
>They're going to relight the spark of exploration in a galaxy that's already been conquered.
Of all the ideas posited for a post-Nemesis/Voyager Trek I think this is the best but writers probably wouldn't want to touch it given how advanced they'd probably be by then.

>using "What?" as a punchline
This isn't an Orville thread

Documentary style show were each week focuses on a different species, a war or a important event.

It works because Trek has rarely ever been about tech limitations.
Good Trek is about difficult decisions

You asshole, he's only fat by TATV
riker's bulkfit

I think this is as close to canon as we can get.

Garak was attracted to Bashir. And a little bit to Ziyal.
But he doesn't "do" relationships.

I'm almost 100% that Andy Robinson said in an interview that Garak was "pansexual" and not curtailed by gender or something crazy like that.

Isn't that kinda the premise of Mass Effect Andromeda?

*blocks your timeline*

Yeah, but I thought up this bit of fanfiction years ago.
Mass Effect Andromeda cucked the idea, but I think if STD was about an Andromeda mission, it could have succeeded anyways.
If MEA was good, then it's synergy.
If it is bad (as it turned out to be) then Andromeda STD is fulfilling what MEA couldn't

I'm only going to talk about Discovery in this thread now.

I think pitching them the story would be bad because they might actually run with good fan stuff given how badly panned the show has been.

And since the casting, the acting, and the way it looks is hard to get by, I'd rather not see it, but after what CBS did with Axanar and the way they've locked down the entire franchise, I doubt we'll get anything worth watching after STD.

Flabby

Amerifats are usually a lot bigger than Riker

Cadet Tilly to be confirmed related to Riker next episode

I wasn't joking. I didn't understand the post.

I don't think they should actually say what his sexual orientation is. It's more fun to imagine that it's just another aspect of his life that he enjoys misleading people about.

>That episode where Garak sent a video of himself balls deep in Ziyal to Dukat.

Tiny Doctor was cute! CUTE!!!!

ABSOLUTELY PROMENADE

do cardassian dicks have a spoon on them

Garak would never be that blatant
He'd seed the idea in Dukat's mind over a dozen conversations
Drop hints about it
Then wait until Dukat breaks and denies it wholesale
Only then does Garak drop the video

Ours do, so why not their's?

They have a knot that binds you to them for six hours.

Daddy...if a man cums in your spoon only after you break into a Starfleet doctors private quarters and roll around in said doctors clothes becuase he tells you 'its not enough Ziyal you need to smell like him too its not the same' that means he loves you, right?

Who was the Weinstein of Trek?

Gene Roddenberry

BERRIED

Give 'er the ROD

YOU CAN'T FRAUD THE ROD

Why no fatkirk?

Put my ROD and BERRY so deep King Arthur wouldn't be able to pull it out.

Becuase Kirk isn't cute.

how did he do it, lads? He was banging both Majel and Nichols (and probably 50 other women per month) at the same time and didn't even hide it and Majel still wanted to tie the knot with him.

Kirk is handsome but Riker is cute and handsome. And fat.

Gene seemed like the type of dumbass who found his one smug line in life and just repeated it over and over until he found a group of people who would jump through his hoops.

Not to mention the wanton sex and drugs. In a way, he was anti Federation person IRL. In a lot of ways.

He was charismatic and smart.

A toast to the finest promenade in the quadrant.

>He was charismatic and smart.
Please, he was a stoned loser who happened across one decent idea inspired by a previously established sci-fi film and struck gold. He only ever said the same two things ever: god's a real idiot and diversity is super cool.
I never found him smart, the show was made great by all the writers and producers. He only wrote 5-6 scripts in the original series as well and I think 3 of them were about some godlike entity acting in a spiteful manner.

People don't want to hear this, but the new Klingon designs are cooler and more creative than 90% of Star Trek alien designs.

Jus' sayin'.

Cult of Personality. It's how we had an out of control narcissist as President.
Fortunately, Obama is now out of office

>cooler
>creative
You're Rod Roddenberry.

Not an argument. Not an insult.

IT'S OVER SISKO, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND

Are you that same retard from the last thread?

You didn't have an argument, you just said they were cooler and creative which is subjective, and without expanding upon that.

>He only ever said the same two things ever: god's a real idiot and diversity is super cool.
Which is...bad?

"""Executive Producer"""

He made it a deeply personal point about both. And, in my experience, when someone does that they aren't objective thinkers. They have a bias against the topic so they want to force it into every nook and cranny of their work, which shows in bounds with Gene Roddenberry's hands on work in Star Trek.

And I assume you are guy who went on a name throwing rampage in the last thread?
And still using one of the same five pictures in your new "chon" folder, very interesting.
Now say something worthwhile or leave us be.

Sounds like you really have to nitpick to be bothered by him wanting diversity in a decade of very little diversity that he lived in.

>he stuck around to shit up another thread
Kek, oh boy. Tell me more about the black hat sites, how I'm a paid shill and how all my old memes I got from rebbit.

>Sounds like you really have to nitpick to be bothered by him wanting diversity in a decade of very little diversity that he lived in.
No, it's not a nitpick. Nearly all of the quotes ascribed to him show a personal vendetta towards religion and traditional conservatism. Never cared really about his opinions on god and religion but he did make most of his work some crude allegory about a vengeful god that was broad.

I never found him all that creative and he was greatly supported by some of the greatest science fiction writers of all time.

>chon

>Kek, oh boy. Tell me more about the black hat sites, how I'm a paid shill and how all my old memes I got from rebbit.
Right after you get past fourth grade reading and learn to engage people in an active debate instead of using circular logic and stale images to feel self-important about a non-opinion.

>Nearly all of the quotes ascribed to him show a personal vendetta towards religion and traditional conservatism
And? In context of the 60s, the autistic American Right Wing groups, the Goldwater nuts, he was absolutely justified.

>he thinks he is having a "debate"

>And? In context of the 60s, the autistic American Right Wing groups, the Goldwater nuts, he was absolutely justified.
Not at all. The 60s were filled with movements that largely proved subversive to the core of the United States and the Vietnam war wasn't a conservatively inspired war. McCarthyism proved valuable when they declassified the Verona papers.

Gene fell for the propaganda but because he was articulate, his point of view seems mildly precient in hindsight.

I keep pulling out the carpet for you take the first step but you keep stepping back.

Try not to shit up another thread will ya'?

>the 60s wasn't filled with extremist conservative violence against blacks due to the Civil Rights Movement
>blacks weren't being hosed, attacked by dogs and killed by Klansmen!
>McCarthy witchunts and imprisoning Americans due to commie boogeywoogeys was okay!
>Sup Forums told me about the Verona Papers meme
You are absolutely fucking retarded to the point of disgusting. Goldwater lobbied througy backchannels to silence Civil Rights movements across the country, even organizing political clout to fight the Civil Rights Act once it was passed. Read a book or kill yourself, the 60s was shit.

>the Vietnam war wasn't a conservatively inspired war

>Try not to shit up another thread will ya'?
After you.

>The 60s were filled with movements that largely proved subversive to the core of the United States
This has a name, cultural attitude shifts over time, faggot.

Could've been a nice late night trek thread but you fucks are at it again. Just trek it up, not that hard.

I've said it a million times. A descent into civil war in the federation after the borg and dominion war.

People are sick of being so unprepared for long wars with foes who will never negotiate and want the federation to change, this is kicked off by the existence of section 31 being leaked to the galaxy. People realise that they support what 31 was and what it did.

These people want to change the core ideals of the federation and starfleet, others don't. Thus you have a great foundation for a new star trek series that isn't canon destroying or completely retarded like STD.

I'll take my money now please.

>You are absolutely fucking retarded to the point of disgusting.
>kill yourself
Go calm the fuck down when you can speak like an adult, you understand me?
What started with the hippy movement proved to be an effective method of introducing and normalising a drug culture in the greater American culture. This was successful and carried all the way through an entire generation of new Americans. Seem my post below about Vietnam. You've ascribed an entire movement to one man's tactics that were never backed up by his own party. A few southern dixiecrats at best. And you calling the Venona papers a meme doesn't make it's significance any the less salient.

LBJ signed off on the war, a Democratic president. His house was Democratic. Your move.

Oh F off.

It wasn't

This idea of "Right is Hawkish" and "Left is Dovish" is a modern thing.

>What started with the hippy movement proved to be an effective method of introducing and normalising a drug culture in the greater American culture.
You're being autistic as fuck. All you are doing is retroactively painting a big brush over counterculture movements and labeling them a conspiracy. It's a tired tactic.
>This was successful and carried all the way through an entire generation of new Americans.
What in the shit does this even mean?
>You've ascribed an entire movement to one man's tactics that were never backed up by his own party.
You're baiting me now, right? The GOP almost unilaterally worked to undermine the Civil Rights Movement. This is well documented, were you homeschooled or did I fall for bait?
>A few southern dixiecrats at best.
No lad, sorry.
>And you calling the Venona papers a meme doesn't make it's significance any the less salient.
It is a meme. You're just too stupid to figure that out.
>LBJ signed off on the war, a Democratic president. His house was Democratic.
Vietnam War was literally perpetuated by Nixon and continued under the advice of Republican talking heads.

>This has a name, cultural attitude shifts over time, faggot.
I love all the name calling. You have to use hyperbole and the minority tactics of a small group of politicians to make Gene's excessive opinions on diversity seem like the right thing.

Not to mention, the concepts of diversity have completely shifted then from equal rights to outright full race-mixing and racism towards European-Americans.I'll even give Gene the benefit of the doubt, but it was the only thing he ever talked about in Trek. For him, it was like a vehicle for his version of left leaning politics and his angst towards a Judao-Christian god.

>This idea of "Right is Hawkish" and "Left is Dovish" is a modern thing.
Except It's not, kid. Take your neocon revisionism somewhere else.

dang that girls dilithium crystals are showing

Yeah this is the opposite of comfy. Disappointing.

Tell me again what party was Abraham "Peace pls" Lincoln was

>small group of politicians
Jesus, lad. This is a Google search away...the GOP was in organized opposition to the Civil Rights Movement and no amount of revising history for your own feefees will change that.
>outright full race-mixing
Oh, abloo abloo. Literally nothing wrong with that.
>and racism towards European-Americans
Is it, dare I say, a white genocide?

Go back to your retard board, Sup Forums.

dog bless