ITT: we post the WORST seasons in TV history

ITT: we post the WORST seasons in TV history

starting with an obvious one.

>starts with something that nobody recognizes as part of the series
>literally easy mode

it's still canon whether you liked it or not

Eighth season of That 70's Show.

God Randy sucked.

Apparently everyone knew this was complete shit but the Scrubs creator just did it because it was during the WGA strikes and it kept the crew employed.

This is pretty bad

Wasn't AWFUL but it wasn't great. Definitely the worst of the series though.

I'd say How I Met Your Mothers last season was pretty bad. I think most shows like that tend to have pretty bad last seasons because they can't seem to let go.

Heroes season 2. Worst drop in quality in TV history too

Don't remind me of the strikes, it ruined tons of good shows

they should've just ended it when Eric left, worst mistake of a season

The last two seasons of Seinfeld
Its Always Sunny peaked around season 8 and has more bad-to-shit episodes in recent seasons.
Cheers stopped being as funny when Dianne left.
The Big Bang Theory when Penny got the dyke haircut.

>hey i want to do a scrubs like show but with med school now that i'm done with scrubs
>no and you have another season

Creator did nothing wrong

It doesn't exist. I refuse to acknowledge it.

> last two seasons of Seinfeld

Nah. Big Bang went to shit way before that too. I'd say once Sheldon/Howard got girlfriends

anything involving a meyers is garbage

this was the inflection point for GoT

Woody pretty much carried the later seasons of Cheers. While Rebbecca was kinda bland and only there for sex appeal, Cheers was still a great show up until the end. the Frasier/Woody dynamic was kino in the later seasons.

What about the last 2 seasons of Seinfeld make them the worst in tv history? I mean, sure the show had ups and downs but it was pretty fucking consistent.

Season 8 of Dexter and season 6 of Oz.

>Its Always Sunny peaked around season 3 and has more bad-to-shit episodes than good episodes
ftfy

It's when Larry David left the show, but he did comeback from the finale
It's definitely worse than the others (maybe not season 1) bit I do agree it's far from being one of the worst seasons of tv

It really wasn’t that bad.
I like to think of it as a season that I didn’t necessarily want but I’m happy it exists because more scrubs is better than none at all.

They honestly didn't need another character. They would have been fine with the main group.

>WGA strikes
>Heroes
Honestly that one was probably one of the worst hit.

Season 7 of Scrubs was the strike, I think, which is why it's short as fuck and out of order. Season 9 was supposed to be a spinoff but ABC was paranoid it would fail so they shoved it on as s9 instead.

JD is annoying and weak, Turk and Cox too. The women are cunty and stupid. Generally, the women act like tough men and the guys act like pansified pussies. The show is disgusting and the humor is very light and mild. *insert le random daydram cutaway after someone just died dramatically xDD* It's a gay ass show and I fucking hate it. Don't waste your time watching this atrocious show.

And as always, you're welcome.

It boggles my mind to think why anyone would stick around after aaron left.

didn't the last season of this air on some weird streaming service

It feels like they realized that a few episodes in

Can someone explain in layman's terms what the WGA strike was about?

t. not burger

Same, there's literally nothing good about season 4.
Why did they fucking drop Aaron?

If I remember correctly the studios kept fucking over writers on a lot of their payments and didn't want to negotiate, which led to an industry-wide strike that affected every facet of television.
Only good thing to come out of it was Conan's comfy beard episodes.

Quite simple really, the Writers Guild of America wanted more monies, feeling they were not getting enough money for their work. Studios didn't agree, and the writers went on a strike. We were the ones who lost from all that shit

t.Non-Burger too, just remember stuff from that time

the big bad theory peaked before they got girl freinds, it changed the whole dynamic

I think it was yahoo, but I was too disappointed with S4 and S5 that I didn't even bother.

>We will protest and shut down hollywood for more shekels, but that open secret of rapisits and paedophiles can slide

Season 6 of 24. What a major clusterfuck. i read somewhere that writers wore a shirt with "remember season 6" on it in S7, to remind themselves to never make the same mistakes again. really, who thought making Jack's brother and father antagonists was a smart move?

The media market was changing as DVDs, BluRays, and Streaming were starting to take over. The Guild wanted to get better deals before shit really took off as studios were already making 5x as much money as they were box office sales.

Gotta love unions

Whiny leftists demanding more money for subpar work as usual. You gotta remember that Hollywood is in California and it’s filled with the type of leftists who demand $20 an hour wages for burger flippers.

Writers are in on that. Not like actors, where most have to keep their mouth shut or they will get blacklisted.

I agree, but also 99% of Community episodes are shit. Harmon is alright as a consultant but his actual writing is horrendous. Leans on meta shit too much, lines are too wordy, and overall he just is not a funny man. His "style" is basically the TV version of those "How Every _____ Song Is Written" videos and the cynicism gets old really fast.

All of the worst parts of Rick & Morty season 3 are basically just Harmon at his worst. Especially Pickle Rick, ABCs of Beth, and the finale. Absolutely riddled with his shitty monologues.

Fuck anyone who defends this fucking travesty. Especially the finale. Never been so insulted before or since.

Season 2 of Trek
>That one episode where Troi has an alien's rapebaby
>WHAT DID YOU DO TO MUH CRUSHER
>That one episode where Riker got Poisoned and it resuted in a cringy clip show

Bazinga Theory was shit from season 1 episode 1

*TNG

Shades of Grey is worst Trek episode ever, but season 1 of TNG is worse than season 2

South Park season 20.
1-5 were goat
6-10 were entertaining
11-15 were okay
16-20 were atrocious especially the latter one
Season 21 started the same way 16-20 is but is not as terrible as the previous one.

>Watching South Park after S6
Or more like, why are you watching S21 if you didn't like the previous 5 ones??

Unfortunately, the WGA spawned a lot of reality TV dogshit.

I want to witness how low it can get, and also probably desilusion that keeps me hoping for a change when it won't come

I dunno man. Tweek x Craig was 1-10 tier good.

Heroes was a quality show with the First Season.

Truth be told, those last three Community seasons were bad, but I still felt that the series finale left innna good place.

Season 3 of TOS. Slashed budgets and a shitty timeslot meant certain cancelation

the current season of Curb Your Enthusiasm

Breaking Bad season 5. Come at me.
Being Human Series 4. (5 was cheesy as fuck but comfy)

Name a show that didn't go to shit after the 3rd season

Bullshit

First season was one of the kinoest thing to ever grace TV. Damn strikes, mang

The Simpsons

ftfy

Supernatural

I would say this is when people realized it wasn't going to get any better and weren't prepared for it to get so much worse. Joss Whedon was always bad but this sixth season really hammered that in.

God those Oscars were so fucking sad. Just two old white fucks reading off names for an hour and it just ends.

What were they thinking?
>That Roseambo episode tho

There's not even one screenwriter in Hollywood who is in a position of power comparable to producer. They're on the same level as techies and animators.

Heroes season 2 was alright if I remember rightly, that's when Hiro goes back to medieval Japan right?

Everything after that was total shite, though

They really should've ended it after the kino that was You're Getting Old

There is literally nothing worse than the final season of Dexter

Posting the final season as the worst season is low hanging fruit. Most shows get progressively worse as they go on.

ITT: edgy 12-22 year old eurofags

Maybe you wouldn't be so depressed if your country wasn't shit

Really? I think old south park was comfy, then it got stale in the middle, before starting to get good again. Last few seasons are at least as good as s7-11.

Kelso and the janitor together in the photo?

Did they ever even interact? Should've been

I can't stand Donald Glover's smug faggot face and want to punch it every time I see it.

Huddy was a mistake.

I thought it did initially, though I'd say from season 5 onwards. Have to say though, I've watched the latest episodes and absolutely loved them. Really comfy to watch and dean and Sam are just utterly in sync now. Great show that does fan service in a really good way, unlike for example Sherlock.

Which leads me to my suggestion. Season 4 of Sherlock, anyone?

Seinfeld

season 8 of seinfeld is still top tier, compared to other shows. i agree, it does not live up to 2-6, but it still has some great episodes, like "the bizarro jerry".

god forbid the writers get a cut of the profits instead of mr kikeberg and his cronies keeping it for themselves

Arrow season 4

Literally all the time. The janitor fucked with Kelso all the time but tried to pretend he didn't.

If I remember correctly he tried to make Kelso think he was senile by moving his car and keys around when he wasn't looking and in a separate episode Kelso went on vacation and the janitor pretended to be the new chief of medicine until he got back

>buffy constantly whines
>willow turns into a bitch and a drug addict
>xander and anya break up
>Dawn still exists
>Giles is in England half the season

The musical episode is literally the only redeeming factor for this season and I didn't even like it that much

I liked Battlestar because Enterprise was too short.

Don't forget Tabula Rasa. But yeah, season 6 is pretty bad.

But O'brein

Season 8 Scrubs was also really bad.

Is that the one where Felicity nukes a city or something?

Stop watching when the obnoxious poo in loo arrived

Yes. Also the one where she is paralyzed but gets a microchip implant in her spine that lets her walk again at the exact moment she is breaking up with Oliver for not consulting her in decisions about his son and then gets up out of her wheelchair and gingerly hobbles away.

If that sounds stupid it's because it was. Fuck Arrow.

Didn't have a problem with what I saw of it desu, didn't feel the same but it definitely wasn't bad.

S2 of TNG has that episode where Picard defends Data in court which is really good

>all that character assassination
Especially Andy, holy shit.

This. I've been watching re-runs and I didn't even know this guy was a character. He feels kinda like someone threw Eric and Michael in a blender.
That said, his hair is glorious.

The Office writers have done some stupid shit, but most reprehensible thing they did was having all of Andy's friends and co-workers sit by idly and obey Nellie when she was pushing Andy around and shitting him after he stood up for them to Robert California in that same season. That episode where Andy returns from Florida with Erin to the office only to be ambushed by Nellie and backstabbed by all his friends is probably my most hated episode of all time. That and Buffy being blamed by everyone except Spike in that one episode in season 7.

remember the episode where Janitor and kelso were fighting over who got to read the announcements over the intercom

Only the Freedom Riders episode was good.