Why does reddit love this movie so much?

why does reddit love this movie so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/movies/search?q=12 angry men&sort=top&restrict_sr=on&t=all
letterboxd.com/les_vampires/list/reddit-top-250-2017-edition/
reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5wk63y/the_votes_have_been_counted_and_the_2017_reddit/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine a thread where the first 12 posters have to decide whether OP should be banned for faggotry.

Ban him

>Everything I don't like is obviously liked by Reddit
If they only like shit, why are you even browsing there to see what they like?

who else /Jack Klugman/ here?

BANISH OP

Independence day.

Well now, jurors number 2 and 5, we've only just started deliberations.

As foreman, I think it's our duty to make a solid case, working with the facts. Like what juror number 3 does in t. juror number 1

Ban OP for the public good.

I don't know, fellas - he's got a family

ban the fag

Permaban him!

I see 12 angry white boiz ITT

Get outta here wise guy, Jury is in adjudicating

HE'S GUILTY!

I would like to request access to the OP's posting history to confirm my sneaking suspicions of posting blacked and race mixing posts on Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

It's a classic movie, real slow burn of suspense

The part I like about it is that you never see the defendant until the end, and in fact I feel as though it could be improved if you never did. Let the audience draw all their assumptions. The defendant isn't important

Another change that might make the film better is if, in the end, the jury couldn't come to a decision at all and it hangs.

In any case, good slow burner suspense drama.

What are you basing that on, juror number 8?

you see him at the very start. fucking dope.

On account of him shitposting on TV. It must mean he's living with mommy and daddy

This. And he's clearly black/Italian, therefore guilty.

They could've just rendered the verdict and nobody would've missed their ballgame or nothing.

The exercise is to let OP and his sympathizers feel the benefit of a jury trial and hence the vital role of social cohesion supported by such a film.

And yet I somehow feel that the likes of OP only understand the language of dire extremes and stark outcomes.

So I feel we must create swift consequences for OP such as a hypothetical banishment in the strongest terms.

guilty

Well then I suppose we can put it to a vote and mass report OP for faggotry.

Near as I can tell, these are our 12 jury members. I suppose we can all adopt trips and vote.
Yours truly.
Juror 2 (guilty)
Juror 3
Juror 4
Juror 5 (guilty)
Juror 6
Juror 7 (guilty)
Juror 8 (not guilty)
Juror 9 (guilty)
Juror 10 (guilty)
Juror 11
Juror 12 (or the bailiff)
Alternate juror

That's 5 guilty, 1 not guilty. As for me, I'll make it 6 guilty.

Sentenced to Voat

it's a great movie to watch all comfied up in ur chair

watch it every couple of weeks

hurry up and decide my tostinos are just about ready

How long will OP get away with it, bros? I'm terrified

I'm I vote not guilty

Is that even legal in this state?

You need to watch the movie. You'll end up eating the most delicious cold tostinos ever.

Very well. 6 guilty, 2...not guilty.

HE'S INNOCENT

Because it's a great movie.

>why does reddit love this movie so much?
It asks big boy questions in a very straightforward, unsubtle way.
The characters are strawmen, thus simple to understand.
It answers the straightforward big boy questions without falling into grey areas, which appeases the redditor's infantile, incipient morality.
It has the room gimmick.

It's a 6-7/10 movie that hits all the right notes for the IMD/v/eddit "movie buff" crowd, thus its undeserved classic status

Are you even one of the jurors?

In any case, OP is still guilty for thinking reddit would do anything but scorn a bunch of pale stale males upholding American civic virtue in a time of ebil sexism and segregation.

There's no case not to report his dumb ass.

/thread

Except you run a search and there's maybe 1 post a year that's actually about it in /r/movies: reddit.com/r/movies/search?q=12 angry men&sort=top&restrict_sr=on&t=all

They clearly don't love it, so your reasons are bunk.

im klugmanposter
if you ever try to impersonate me again ill have you shot

letterboxd.com/les_vampires/list/reddit-top-250-2017-edition/

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5wk63y/the_votes_have_been_counted_and_the_2017_reddit/

Oops!

Yeah, they took a standard movie ranking and mashed a bunch of shit into it.

Fuck's sake, 12 Angry Men is right next to The Godfather. You mean to tell me it wouldn't be spamming up this board if you asked "why does reddit think this is the Rick and Morty of Brando movies?"

Don't pretend there wouldn't be a big overlap in Sup Forums and reddit's top 250 movies. Many good films can be acclaimed universally.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like it because I'm a sucker for people-in-a-room-talking-core.

H8ful Eight was Tarantino's best.

u a casual bro? i get a daily dose of 12 angry men

>I like it because I'm a sucker for people-in-a-room-talking-core.

Damn, has anyone done a people-in-a-room-talking-core compilation list? I've seen 12 angry men, the thing, and H8ful 8, but I'm sure there's a few other good ones.

11 Cloverfield Lane fits the bill, and was surprisingly great except for the ending.

But yeah, more suggestions are always welcome. Someone should make an infographic.

if you like those kinds of movies check out My Dinner with Andre

probably comes off a little haughty and pretentious but it's such a comfy movie either way, grab a drink or something and enjoy

>people-in-a-room-talking-core.

There's a proper term for that, it's called a "Huis clos".

Watch Polanski's Carnage, it's a perfect example of it.

Try dis

Sounds awesome, and the cast seems great. Downloading it now, thanks for the rec.

The Man from Earth is very good

>Dark Knight
>Inception
>TESB
>SPR
>Back to the Future
>Hot Fuzz
>Shaun of the Dead
>TFA
And they still wonder why nobody takes them seriously.

>expecting a crowdsourcing website to celebrate anything except popular movies

>kid's knife is the murder weapon
>people have seen the kid in possession of THAT knife
>kid has no alibi
>kid literally shouted "IM GONNA KILL YOU"
>witness identified the kid at the scene of the crime within a short time of the murder
>kid is crying to fuck with a guilty conscience in the courtroom

Let's let the boy go.
Who really knows amirite?
You can do any sorts of things with CGI these days.
I bet somebody has it out for him and photoshopped him into the surveillance footage murdering his own father.

If nobody saw the explicit crime happen it could all just be a huge collection of coincidences, and even if they did see they were probably lying.

>eyewitness accounts
LEL

Now THIS is a reddit movie.
Sup Forums doesn't have the word count to allow me to tell you just how fundamentally horrible that shitstain of a movie is.

Yeah.

That's the ONLY reason the kid might be guilty.

this was the reddit movie of its time.
>DUDE BASED ITALIANS LMAO
fuck this shit

>when you become so obsessed with reddit and start to hate a genuinely good movie just because they like it
You guys are pathetic.

Eyewitness testimonies are notorious for being shit. The problem with them is that it is very easy for people to "remember" something that didn't actually happen. If your family, as a prank, says "hey remember that time you [did something that didn't actually happen]" there is a very high probability that the person will "remember" the event and construct a false memory. While I'm at it, the "repressed" memories of traumatic childhood events are also almost always fictional.

I mean, I get your point as well. But I think the jurors did a pretty good job of deconstructing the prosecution's arguments. We're not talking about whether the kid did it, but whether there's a reasonable doubt.

The OP is guilty of faggotry, no two ways about it.

Np man

Glad to hear a recommendation went through.

Enjoy the movie.

Juror 1 was such a bro

The simple answer is because it's easily accessible Americana that manages to appeal to conservatives by lauding the American justice system and manages to appeal to liberals by emphasising how it places the burden of proof on the state to give the marginalized a fighting chance. Basically, it's the movie equivalent of the kinds books you're forced to read in high school.

It's not as dumb as something like John Grisham shit, and not as smart as something like Anatomy of a Murder. It's right in the middle.

I don't know, why are you so familiar with what Reddit likes?