What about this skit resonates so strongly with people?

What about this skit resonates so strongly with people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNSan5v3PYw
youtube.com/watch?v=Av5Jb52yFBo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Hyde
youtube.com/watch?v=UFREzbYnwpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's well paced, interesting to watch, ends in a music video, has a nice occult vibe and some behind the scenes trivia.

Feels like life is just passing by and I'm just indifferent to everything, complete alienation

Well you know how you fix that?

It's how it feels when you trust the system and then realize at the end it wasn't just a mistake it wasn't designed to help you at all.

I can't imagine how Sup Forums would think of it if Chuck were black.

charles is an artist not a comedian. nick is the comedian, and sam is a tragic poet

It is Sam's odus, he took the kino meme and made it real. Honestly thought it was the most powerful thing I've watched in 10 years

he was cocky and confident, and ready to take on the world , but in the end he was overcome by the system

Fuck in retarded odus doesnt mean shit

sam is a meme/frontman. charls is an artist, nick is a comedian

Chuck is a hilarious artist.

The other guys in the Moms sketch are much more like regular comedians.

ya sam was just the energy and drive

I still say Toss It is smarter. If they wanted they could have made that a real phenomenon before anyone realized what they were doing.

it defines a generation

Because there is a large demographic of young white men who are entirely alienated and alone, so you can understand why when the first slither of mainstream recognition of this appears, people here hold dear to it.

>TO GO TO BED FOREVER

there's a lot of young men and women of all races exactly like that you'll find online. modernity sucks. it's only going to get worse. roll with it.

I dunno if anyone else has mentioned this before but I really like the way it was laid out with each of the sets in one black void surrounding the bed at the end. It looked like it was deliberately meant to be a play that just happened to be filmed. Gave the whole thing a cool vibe also I would pay fucking YUGE money to see the MDE gang perform a Tennessee Williams style play with Charls as the main character

the theme of the skit is consciousness and unconsciousness. Unfortunately it takes an entire lifetime's worth of experiences and shit to wake Charls' character up, but this need not be the case for future generations. It may take decades but once we're aware of the problem we can prevent it.

Doesnt meant shit? It's sad that your comedic senses are so dull that you cannot grasp his genius. All the best comedians have some inner struggle they use to channel their material. In Sam's case, it's his repressed homosexuality.

Tell me, would a straight comedian come up with a hilarious bit like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=FNSan5v3PYw

And have so much inner turmoil that he uses transsexuals as an outlet to deal with his gay demons?

If only you could comprehend how much he suffers for his art, just to make people laugh. It's the least you could do you ungrateful cunt.

>there's a lot of young men and women of all races exactly like that

You missed my point entirely, WP entirely relates to the isolation of young white men, because the world they inherited is flawed beyond recognition. Although others are also alone and isolated, in the vast majority of cases it still doesn't compare to the grief of being ethnically replaced and having to pay for it.

but that won't fit in his extremely limited worldview

nothing these guys are like autistic 12 year olds who think theyre deep. literally no mde fans are functional people

Yes that's exactly what I meant you Redditor scum

youre triggered and stupid. nothing about that anons comment was limited, its true as shit. this fucking webiste is a testament to the hordes of isolated, aliented autistic turbo virgin white males that cling desperately to any recognition or validation. its true for other groups as well, but obviously mde isnt going to resonate with them the same way.

>My race is done, you’re inheriting the Earth, along with some other undesirables, and that’s cool, bro. High-five. But check it out — just remember who built this place, all right! Remember to pay homage to the white man. Thank you, whitey!
yes, there were no specifically white racial overtones in any of the episodes

Bullet to the head?

Wish I hadn't ever watched it, led alone watched it whacked out of my face on mushrooms. There's too much truth to it. It's a fucking awful feeling to see the trap ahead of you, but not soon enough to avoid it. Just long enough to erode whatever dumb, ignorant pleasure I could find before I arrived at these realizations myself.

I don't know what to do.

Because it's about making all the wrong chocies in life until you find yourself feeling like you wasted your entire existence. You pretend like everything is fine but sometimes when youre laying in bed at night it all becomes too much to bear. I think thats pretty much a universal

It sucked.

>mom i posted it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Moon was a more fitting track than Cop Killer

its a fantastic piece of TV-cinema

youtube.com/watch?v=Av5Jb52yFBo

cop killer was better

your wrong

"Nick..." something croaks from behind him. He turns around in time to see the figure step forward, his dull features cutting through the dark. The light does not fall on him the way it should, Nick thought. Not anymore. It was like some cosmic butcher had stitched him together out of rotten meat.

"Sam?" Nick breathes, his hand slinking towards the Self Defence Situation Safety Device™ tucked into his waistline. "Wh-What's going on, big guy?"

"I'm...I'm not well, Nick."

"I know, Sam. I know." He chokes back tears as he draws the gun and presses it squarely against Sam's revolting, bulbous temple. Sam shivers as the barrel touches his skin.

"It's cold, Nick," Sam says, smiling at something.

"Soon you'll never have to feel cold again. Just close your eyes, Sam," Nick says, closing his own, the welled tears blinding him.

"MDE never dies," he heard Sam say. In defiance or for comfort, he was not sure.
"Yes it does," Nick says, sobbing as he pulls back the hammer. "Yes it does."

A few moments of silence.

"I know."

Bang.

your wrong

i smoked a blunt with john maus and ariel pink after a show ten years ago
you fags are jealous

The first time I watched it, I didn't get much out of it. Same with the second. The third time I kind of got the feeling that there was more to it, but I thought it was more of positive, spiritual thing, like sure his body is in jail, but he isn't. But then the ending didn't make sense so I still didn't feel anything.

But then I finally watched it again sometime later. Its not about spirituality at all. Its about the cold reality of this existence. I personally have grown to believe that we can rise above it, but I know exactly the feeling that one cannot, how trapped and utterly depressing it is, and its that feeling that is bundled up so tightly in the skit

now that the dust has settled

The skit feels really sincere. Fucking no one is sincere these days, everything is ironic.
I liked the skit because it was just it. It was completely sincere in the feelings involved.

no we're not

an examination of a man falling into deep depression at the hand of the world around him, by extension a transcendental meditation on the collapse of civilisations, a political allegory of the anglo saxon

Thankyou whitey!

Haha le xd

He's not.

Was it supposed to be funny? Because i just thought it was sad
Also could someone explain the part when they were rolling dice? Snake eyes? Nickel and dime?

>White people love a skit about a white guy who "dindu nuffin"

lmao

Snake eyes is when both dice show a one.
Nickel = 5 cents, meaning 5 years
Dime =10 cents, meaning 10 years

it's a really bold statement about how comedy can still resonate even if it fails at the one thing it's supposed to do.

>youre triggered
>*writes paragraph of bullshit*

mde on adult swim wasn't so much comedy as it was unsanitized art, something dangerously uncharacteristic for the channel. they had to shut it down.

kek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Hyde

A lot of the better sketches were straight forward in a similar regard like the CEO and Teacher ones

Will they ever get another show?

Hes the average american man. Does his job, despite being blamed for everything and never being shown appreciation he keeps working and never complains. With all the shit thats thrown at him refuses to give in to self pity for decades. In the end he finally gives in to all his anger and rage and lets it all out.

why didnt she just watch her leg? clumsy slut

That fucking Talk Page.

*throws you through a wall*

nothing personal boomer

What's Charls doing?

>Tim Roth

i cant find the roastie gameshow anymore on youtube wtf do i search

It represents the feeling of detachment from the world, of alienation, and of refusal to see things for what they are.
Charls' character is made a victim by outside forces. He's just mowing his lawn and going about his work when he's arrested. We never know why. His effort at self-preservation, instead of whining and acting like a victim, or facing the music, is to pretend it isn't real.
Even as he's in prison he doesn't grasp the extent to which he is fucked by no act of his own. He gambles away tremendous chunks of his life with no attachment to them, he doesn't face his failures but lives as if in a dream ("snake eyes" -- instead of what he really rolled). When he gets out, instead of feeling relief, he just shrugs and says bye like he was leaving a supermarket.
But then the dream shatters and the realizations come flooding in, overwhelming, as those things tend to be. Anger, injustice, depression, self-hatred, a feeling of having wasted your life, or rather of someone having wasted your life for you, a desire to sleep forever. You keep moving is a hellish circle of bad thoughts. You don't see an end. You made your bed, now lie in it. Cop Killer and Hey Moon offer two different avenues after that.

It's like Minor Threat's Guilty of Being White mixed with the scene in Kaiji about the men who think they're living a dream as they gamble their life away, and only realize, on their deathbed, that they wasted their only shot at life.

tl;dr it's the perfect skit for alienated depressives who see a system working against them, and too big for them to take it on.

This so fucking much.

ya mum

Also, this sketch is deeply emblematic of a generation of fucked up people for who the MDE boys act as a mouthpiece. In my experience, sons raised by single mothers get the same cyclic depressive thoughts when they realize that their alienation and social shortcomings come from their incomplete upbringing. One moment you're playing with Bionicles like everything is ok, the next you're a 20 year-old friendless virgin and the party is crashed hard when you start trying to understand why.
Then there's the moment when you start going to Sup Forums (especially pre-election; 2013-2014-2015 were really harsh) and all kinds of problems with the world are being shoved down your throat and it all seems so fucked up. You feel like you're finding hidden truths, yet you're powerless against the gargantuan system. That's where the white displacement references and tongue-in-cheek jew jokes come from.
Sam, Charls, and Nick have enough insight to get at the root of these feelings because they know them deeply. Sam's said multiple times that he thinks people who haven't lived trauma in their lives and who are well-adjusted are bad people. They just live in a bubble; MDE is for people whose bubble has popped.

what did he mean by this?

>One moment you're playing with Bionicles like everything is ok, the next you're a 20 year-old friendless virgin and the party is crashed hard when you start trying to understand why.
Too close to home, too close.

All we need now is Reviewbruh in that pic

>Sam's said multiple times that he thinks people who haven't lived trauma in their lives and who are well-adjusted are bad people.

Iktfb. I used to think it, but now I just think they're lucky, and unrelatable.

They enjoy the just-world fallacy and their concerns, ambitions, thoughts, they're so estranged from mine.

t. gammon favreau

>In the end....I really was... The Man Who Would Never Be, What They Made Him To Be

Wow wff were they thinking, no wonder World Peace got cancelled!!

Also, the gambling his life away under the guise of "oh well, fuck it, it doesn't matter anyway, cant even tell the difference" is 100% gambling addict.

>"I was gonna waste it anyway"

I like both versions with both songs equally. Hey moon really gives the feeling that you are sedated and your life passing you by, while cop killer expresses anger against the system

We don't know if he dindu nuffin or not, that wasn't really the point

I didn't think it was that great. I get it but there are better "generation defining" sketches in the show. This one hits harder for me: youtube.com/watch?v=UFREzbYnwpQ

If that show where they prank the people on Craigslist claiming to be government insiders couldn't get greenlit there is no hope, that shit was hilarious

10 YEARS 40 YEARS 200 YEARS HOW BOUT IM DOIN NONE OF EM

Contemporary America has more prisoners or prisoners per capita than any other measured country in history, correct? I think that's right.

That is huge. That's a statistic that they'll be trotting out 2000 years from now when they speak about 2000A.D. in 4000 A.D.

An analysis of some of the men in that system, how some deal. I'd argue most would be in denial somewhat of their experience. And then the behaviour when they're freed, that's typical. The guys I knew who went away all come out weird.

>bluray release never
Genuinely upsets me. Adult Swim could be making mad off of merch but instead they let their million dollar investment rot in the attic. Fucking ya huida.

SHE FELL

>That is huge. That's a statistic that they'll be trotting out 2000 years from now when they speak about 2000A.D. in 4000 A.D.
Lol wow that is really delusional to believe

Lol yeah something that's an anomaly of an empire won't at all be analysed or considered in the future :^)

The historians of 4000AD will just be like "lol that's weird and unique, I bet that's not significant or worth analysing at extreme length"

I mean just from a purely mathematical standpoint that is retarded to believe and show you have no concept of numbers on even a simple level

Thats a great point man thanks for posting

I think you're right.

:)

>In October 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners.

What purely mathematical standpoint are you disputing?

COP KILLER
LET'S KILL THE COPS TONIGHT
COP KILLER
LET'S KILL EVERY COP IN SIGHT
COP KILLER
LAW
AGAINST THE LAW

It literally wasn't.
1. It was designed to be cop killer
2. You can tell John is singing cop killer in the footage
3. It was just way more fitting to the theme of the system etc. and the overall sense of dread

why do you autists take this show so seriously? a legitimate question.

They don't have anything else

Because Charls, Nick and Sam got a slot for a show and spent it on artistic satisfaction instead of trying to appeal to the broadest possible demo.

literally who/what

So what? That happens more often than you think. Do you think Wondershowzen was trying to appeal to a broad demo? Make giant threads about that already.

>SLAVES ROCK

Wonder Showzen had its time and its cult following, WP aired last year and it also has a cult following.

Make you one, since not having it bothers you so much

>Wonder Showzen had its time and its cult following,
and ten more episodes, burn.