Why couldn't they have just made Wakanda a small isolationist East African nation with realistically modern tech...

Why couldn't they have just made Wakanda a small isolationist East African nation with realistically modern tech because they make uber dollars selling Vibranium? The flying cars and hover crafts destroy my suspension of belief. It's so out of place with the world MCU has established so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WAoNhacojmM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that mudbrick skyscraper

go back to Sup Forums

WE WUZ GODS
And ofc this nigger civilization doesn't share with other niggers

HOL UP

SO YOU SAYIN

WE FINNA

WUZ

they literally build a wall and watch africa rot.

Go back to

It is stupid, but you must remember these are movies for children.

how progressive

Does africa even have written language yet?

So they are /our niggers/?

>It's so out of place with the world MCU has established so far.
Thats the point. Wakanda is supposed to be a super science advanced society.

I know. I just hate the decision. Save it for space.

>Why couldn't they have just made Wakanda a small isolationist East African nation with realistically modern tech because they make uber dollars selling Vibranium?

This is ironically what Wakanda used to be until Hudlin got his hands on the series and made Wakanda essentially a gary stu nation on par with Atlantis.

IIRC originally, Wakanda was a wealthy isolationist nation with a reasonably high standard of living it had maintained by keeping strict control of it's natural resources and keeping invaders - both European and African - out. It was essentially a stand in for Ethiopia. T'Challah was a Haile Selassie trying to force them to modernize and engage the wider world. Because of their stranglehold on vibranium and age old tribal secrets, Wakanda had pretty advanced technology, but it wasn't jetsons tier.

Meanwhile these people cheered as ACTUALLY WEALTHY African countries were destroyed, in Rhodesia or South Africa
Slaughter all leftists

>IIRC originally, Wakanda was a wealthy isolationist nation with a reasonably high standard of living it had maintained by keeping strict control of it's natural resources and keeping invaders - both European and African - out. It was essentially a stand in for Ethiopia. T'Challah was a Haile Selassie trying to force them to modernize and engage the wider world. Because of their stranglehold on vibranium and age old tribal secrets, Wakanda had pretty advanced technology, but it wasn't jetsons tier.
this = interesting setting.
What MCU did = lame setting

not since 1863

see id actually want to see that but this just looks silly
all those skyscrapers in the middle of the damn jungle and flying cars and shit
like theyre fuckin atlantis or something

Rhodesia was a bad situation all over. It's hard to say who was in the right because no one exactly was. The UN tried to do what seemed moral and just, but it turned out to be horrible for the Rhodesian people and the country. Conversely, what the Rhodesian government wanted to do seemed wrong - at least in the black and white narrative pushed by the global media - but it was better for the country.

Ultimately there probably could have been no 'good' solution imposed by an outside force. Time and time again history has shown us outside powers should put up or shut up - either conquer and annex a place and take responsibility for it's people, or stay out of their business and defend your own interests. Halfway measures just lead to political bullying and gamesmanship

youtube.com/watch?v=WAoNhacojmM

If you dont want to sit through the whole video, he describes when he went to some part of Africa and the native Africans were confused with the reason why he carried an English dictionary. They asked him why he would need a book of words from his own language, and the white dude realized they had to memorize every single word of their own African language because nobody had actually written them down. Their vocabulary in their language was not only not on paper but so small that they could/would know every word in their language, hence no need for a dictionary. Pretty interesting.

Oh and here's proof straight from marvels wiki. Doesn't exactly look like a super metropolis does it? Granted it's abstract and almost certainly just an overview of the royal compound (Wakanda has several cities)

>The UN tried to do what seemed moral and just,
Thats literally totally untrue in every regard
Rhodesia had a democratic vote, and a black won it, the UN/Western governments didn't accept it because the communists weren't on the ballot

That was the whole point, they wanted to destroy it because our governments were run by commie sympathizers

my suspension of belief. in the MCU\

DO IT

More like as not it was part of the cold war brinksmanship between NATO and the Soviet Union

>The setting of our black Marvel movie has to show Africa as a perfect scifi utopia, if it had realistic flaws then that would be racist of us as jewish hollywood writers to write

If that was so, why did the western governments back the Soviet armed communist rebels?

>12 year old Sup Forumstards don't realize Wakanda exists just like this in the comics

if wakanda is so powerful how come they didn't dominate and enslave the neighboring countries? That'd be like Americans stopping at the 13 colonies and just saying "nahhh, we're gonna let the native americans keep the rest"

>just because something is in the comics means it's good
also see ,

>capeshit is good when it's black people capeshit and only altright says otherwise

I actually like the hidden future city thing, my problem is that Wakanda is portrayed as not only advanced, but also morally upright and progressive, when actually it's pretty horrible. They're xenophobic in the extreme, hate and distrust all outsiders, and refuse to share important medical technology with the world out of arrogance.

And I'd be totally cool with this if the comics didn't go to great lengths trying to pretend Wakanda was actually the good guys. T'Challa fighting against this trend in his nations society and policies would be interesting.

>can't criticize capeshit without being called a Sup Forumstard because characters are black

>YOU WANT CLEAN WATER? YOU WANT CURE FOR CANCER? HAHAHAH NO

why isn't this retard freeing his country when he could literally 1v100. Nice storytelling

out of place my ass. you mean to tell me that this is out of place in a universe where a psychotic robot lifted an entire country into the upper atmosphere with just a few giant thrusters? or y'know, where motherfuckers shrink on command, or airplanes with perfect cloaking tech exist, or that weird TAHITI bullshit from Agents of SHIELD.
or the fact that South Korea in the MCU developed a piece of technology to grow entire artificial bodies out of fucking NOTHING.
but sure, suspension destroyed when El Dorado basically exists in Africa.
I'm not gonna call Sup Forums, Im just saying you're fucking stupid.

Which, ironically, was the last time black unemployment was under 5%.