Planetary Pt. 1

Going to do as the title says and start storytiming Warren Ellis' Planetary. Having to start a little early because I have a morning class tomorrow and need to get to bed at a resonable time.

Prior Authority Threads Here

Other urls found in this thread:

komiks.gildia.pl/komiksy/planetary/2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Heading home meow. Bumps would be greatly appreciated.

John Cassaday knocked it out of the park with this series. I'm not normally a fan of the realistic look but Cassaday manages to portray these fantastic characters in a larger than life world. One of the most visually unique comics I've read.

Bumping

Schweet deal

Do I need o read the previous storytimes to understand Planetary or can I read this first and then read the previous storytimes?

Secret lairs are so fucking sweet.

You can read this on its own, it only ties into the Authority loosely.

Thanks for doing this one, OP. I've grown less fond of it as I got more into comics, but I loved this on first read.

Interesting...

What is it with Ellis and living computers?

Fantastic first issue.

They're independent series, but I do think they both read very well together though. Both involve secret groups of superheroes, but take entirely different approaches to characterization and story.

>a literal meme magic computer
Kek

Technically in the same universe, but barely, barely, ever interact, kind of like the old Vertigo Universe of Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, and Sandman/Lucifer

Sweet, I've meant to check this out for a while. Thanks Storybro

Wish I was more talkative but I'm having to work on this lecture for tomorrow morning at it suuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkks

If you like this, Global Frequency might be up your alley too.

I can actually storytime that after this. =D

Nice! I might not be able to stick around for all of it but that is another fun one.

I have all of the issues that came in my country of it, which is a whole 5 or 6 (in trades). Sucks I can't buy the rest in my language :(
komiks.gildia.pl/komiksy/planetary/2
Appreciate the fact that you can buy the whole series in your native language, folks.