Trying to make money and be selfish is bad goy

>Trying to make money and be selfish is bad goy.

Legitimately as a kid I thought Scrooge McDuck was a piece of shit. As an adult it's obvious he did literally nothing wrong. He even takes care of 3 random dipshit kids who some spaced out bitch sister left on his doorstep.

imagine being so vapid that the pursuit of money for its own sake is seen as the apogee of human striving

>imagine being so vapid that the pursuit of _____ for its own sake is seen as the apogee of human striving

I can play this game too where I judge your goals as vapid using my own subjective morality

insecure

fuck everyone in this thread

right? and Donald trying to snatch a coin or two frequently, yet Scrooge still helps his family. A literal saint.

you are but you'll be ok

hoarding wealth is immoral

Try to read life and times by don rosa

It's called "financial security," dipshit. Understanding financial security is what separates poor people from rich people.

I'm glad glomgold is relatively intact, even if he's slightly flanderized

I hope their rivaly becomes a little more sincere as the show goes on

when you were a kid you didn't think diving in a large pool of gold looked like tremendous fun. top pleb op.

'the love of money is the root of all evil' one of the most commonly misquoted bible quotes

scrooge does NOT love money, this is the entire span and plot of the show, he loves danger and adventure and taking risks and doing things no one else does

but I think he does love being the richest in the world, that prestige is more important to him than the shekels

No I did, that looked great, still looks amazing. Fiat needs to become some form of bendable metal so I can do this.

But I was raised catholic, and greed is evil was instilled in me, and that was hammered in either at church or catholic school or by my family, except for a single spinster who I ignored for being a single spinster.

It depends on the particular story and writer but the most popular version of Scrooge put forth by Carl Barks and Don Rosa is that he loves his money for what they represent rather than money itself. He could sell all his old, super rare coins and get even more money out of it, but he doesn't.

reminder scrooge mcduck is a poorfag.

The Vatican archives hordes information and knowledge from all around the planet.

Withholding certain information that can help humanity is more greedy than hording money.

The irony isn't lost with me. I'm no longer Catholic. I'm just a guy who wants to make as much money as I can so I can create a trust deed that ensures my children, grand children, great grand children, etc. can be provided for - so long as they satisfy the conditions of the trust deed.

For example, being a degenerate loser junkie won't be rewarded financially. Only the strong who survive will be rewarded.

I want a fucking dynasty, I hate everyone, I just wanna make my people good and strong. That comes from controlled wealth.

I don't know what Scrooges motivation was but the act itself is fine. Only some bullshit Dante Inferno or Saint Augustine psy-ops would make slaves and serfs believe they were better than their richer owners and lords.

Bunch of bullshit submission rhetoric.

It's true that I didn't think highly of him as a kid. But when push comes to shove he looks out for his family. He just doesn't spoil them and wants them to find a purpose and make their own money. Otherwise the three little faggots would turn out to be spoiled scum.
Also I'm pretty sure that some comics show that he actually deserves all the money he has.

What show?

This guy gets it.

Unrelated but Don Rosa's The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck is highly overrated

maybe because you were retarded as a kid OP

he just like donald have some flaw qualities but neither of them are inherent bad people

>saving is bad
no wonder millennials still live with their parents

You have no idea how bad it really is

but he was portraited as good guy in cartoon, only retards and communists would think otherwise

in comics though, he was bit of an asshole, when he left Donald take care of his nephews while living near poverty himself

>support capitalism
>complain when others don't have much money.
woah really activates the insert stupid shit here.

That series was fantastic.

This. In the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, he said it himself that the money bin is full of memories. With each coin represents important memory of his.
Old Disney comic had good story and morale, and they're timeless.

Was Scrooge McDuck a libertarian?

I have no idea what your point was.

thats nice.

Is Walt Disney that innocent? Why are there no parents in his comic books? How come the natives and savages always give up their riches to the duck invaders? What are Huey, Dewey, and Louie doing in Vietnam?

Disney comics are not only a reflection of the prevailing ideology of capitalism, but that they are also aware of this, and are active agents in spreading the ideology. To do so, Disney comics use images of the everyday world.

And here lies Disney's inventive genius, rejecting the crude and explicit scheme of adventure strips, that came up at the same time. The ideological background is without any doubt the same: but Disney, not showing any open repressive force, is much more dangerous. The division between Bruce Wayne and Batman is the projection of fantasy outside the ordinary world to save it. Disney colonizes the everyday world, at hand of ordinary man and his common problems, with the analgesic of a child's imagination.

I never thought Scroogie was a piece of shit.
An asshole sure, but I didn't realize how hard trying to coordinate in several different areas with different taxation laws could be while trying to entertain your nephews and niece and drop out nephew for the ride along.

I've always liked him because his stories are the best, always.

No it actually says a lot about your inability to share your thoughts coherently.

Perhaps you're a NEET or on drugs, but if you speak you (generally) want to be understood.

I hope you enjoy being looked at with derision.

oh im sorry.

o i am laffin

I have this book, found it second-hand somewhere. It's fucking hilarious, it searches for giant conspiracy theories behind every single thing in Duck comics.

Also, you fucks: read Only A Poor Old Man.

the only bad character in walt disney franchise is mickey mouse, he is a stone cold serial killer

also don't tell the mouse i said this

Trying to snatch a coin?
Donald literally comes with Scrooge on insane life-threatening expeditions for much mess than a dollar per hour.

I find it curious that Barks, in his later stories, used Scrooge as the antagonist.

life is like a hurricane
here in duckburg
racecars, lasers, aeroplanes
it's a duck blur

>Blabbering Blatherscyte

iirc there was a story when donald had to do those dives for pearl you only ever saw on discovery or bbc that happened in 3rd world country (the setting in the story was also some third world country) because it is so fucking dangerous for not so much gain

basically there is a rope tight around his waist, and he has to dive deep underwater holding a rock without diving equipment to find pearl, IN THE BODY WATER THAT HAS FUCKING SHARKS

donald beat the shark though with his mad energy

The Vatican archives are open to scholars.

sure they are bud

>He even takes care of 3 random dipshit kids who some spaced out bitch sister left on his doorstep.
You mean Donald.

Not in the cartoon and perhaps the other versions. I mean Scrooge.

>Scrooge's sister left Huey Dewey and Louie

no

Yanks only know the cartoon.

Its a tv board you arrogant fuckwit.

Donald left the nephews with Scrooge. In the cartoon.

>Scrooge's sister's kids

but that's wrong in both the cartoon AND the comic

>Tougher than the toughies
>Smarter than the smarties
>Made it square

Scrooge is the GOAT.

>Trying to make money and be selfish is bad goy

>you were retarded as a kid
>you are retarded as an adult

I always skipped mickey mouse comics when i was collecting donald duck comics, he is a fucking hypocritical moralfag, I hate him with a passion.

you were unpopular as a child
you're still unpopular but you force people to interact with you on tv now

>The Vatican archives
Remember that time when two kids hacked into it and made Lou Reed a saint?