Alright it's official, tomorrow I will be viewing Blade Runner 2049 for the 10th time...

Alright it's official, tomorrow I will be viewing Blade Runner 2049 for the 10th time. It's been a long haul trying to make time for this every couple of days since it has been released, but I think I'm finally coming to the end of my viewing session.

Anyone else similarly in for the long haul? I know one user said he saw it 7 times, and another said he saw it 13 times, very hefty numbers. But we need to pump them up, they are rookie numbers

I'm right there with you. I saw it once last weekend and I'm going to buy it on blu-ray the day it comes out.

Is this film really that good or am I being memed

it's touched a nerve

good goy keep coming to the cinema and watch Bladerunner 2049 ™! Don't forget to enjoy the cinemas refreshments too!

Holy shit. It's a good movie but it's not some fucking masterpiece.
I guess the JOI shit really got you you lonely homos

I think seeing it 3 times is the best amount. I noticed new details every time I watched it.

>affected by Joi
>you're all homos
Pick one

is this uridon?

69th viewing tomorrow here

I wish I will find the time to watch it for the 2nd time.

We've been waiting on a new Abatap.

Who will be our Runnertap?

It's Sup Forums Kino like Drive.

So if you're from reddit or NeoGaf or new, you will still probably like it (well, maybe not if you're from NeoGaf) but it won't affect you the same way.

Saw it 4 times, I'd really like to see it a few times more but I'm not sure if a standard showing will diminish my experience.

I wish it was still showing in Imax. Is it still worth watching?

Drive is far better than 2049.

>tfw haven't even seen it the third time yet

Work and classes are sucking the life out of me

incorrect

I saw it for the first time tonight because shitty week and I needed something. I'm definitely going to try and catch it a few more times. After it was over I just walked out of the theater and looked around at all these places I used to go with my ex. This movie has really got me in a weird place Sup Forums

this is equuivalent to ghostbusters shilling
>I SAW IT 20 TIMES
>DO YER PART, GOY, WE ARENT IN THE BLACK YET

post your ticket stubs to prove it.

>it's not some fucking masterpiece

Oh but it is user, it is.

you son of a bitch, im barely on 8 and tomorrow is my ninth. im probably the guy thats been announcing i was on 7.

>Holy shit. It's a good movie but it's not some fucking masterpiece

It is actually,if you like sci-fi I can't think of a better movie in the last 20 years

yes. every scene is still beautiful to look at and absorb.

this, i don't get why people like it so much

>if you like sci-fi I can't think of a better movie in the last 20 years

A good point, I can't think of any that are better now that you brin it up. I'll have to go see it again. The only sci-fi I can honestly compare to BR2049 in terms of quality is "Moon" and that's a totally different style of movie so they don't compare directly

>We're all just looking out for something real
>Real memories should be a mist
>I know it's real. I know it's real. GOD DAMNIT
>A real boy now
>She's real. I want to be real for you
>Like a real girl
>Is it real?
>I know what's real

Sapper tries to strangle K, K strangles Luv
Wallace stabs and kisses a replicant, Luv stabs and kisses K
Luv refers to K as a good boy, Luv calls K a bad dog
Rachel and Luv are opposites, Priss and Mariette are opposites, K and Luv are opposites
Everyone is touching rain, snow, wooden horses, faces, and bees
Deckard asked if an owl was real, K asks if dog is real
Deckard rejects Rachel 2.0, K maybe rejects Joi ad but not really cus Joi was real
K takes a nap in snow at the end, Estelline is playing in fake snow
JOI dies a real girl, JOE dies a real boy

watching it 8 times and obsessing on here daily has its perks. what else did i miss?

requesting the luv green text please

>Sapper tries to strangle K, K strangles Luv
>Wallace stabs and kisses a replicant, Luv stabs and kisses K
>Luv refers to K as a good boy, Luv calls K a bad dog
>Rachel and Luv are opposites, Priss and Mariette are opposites, K and Luv are opposites
>Everyone is touching rain, snow, wooden horses, faces, and bees
>Deckard asked if an owl was real, K asks if dog is real
>Deckard rejects Rachel 2.0, K maybe rejects Joi ad but not really cus Joi was real
>K takes a nap in snow at the end, Estelline is playing in fake snow
>JOI dies a real girl, JOE dies a real boy
Is this supposed to be deep or something? A bunch of mirror events in the movie impresses you?

Sunshine, District 9, Dredd, etc.lots of good sci fi movies, but BR2049 is on another level

just listing mirrors ive noticed or other people have pointed out.
why dont you yank that cactus out your ass and get off the computer if you gon get so mad when other people wana talk about a movie they like on a fuckin movie board.

Literally a meme. Don't get jewed by anybody here.

>d-don't criticize me for "discussing" meaningless shit in an endless circlejerk because i'm a pleb

Well the book "Pale Fire" is connected to the main theme of the movie. You can say the "tall white fountain" was the wooden horse memory.
When he finds out that he's born, outside the laboratory he feels the snow on his hand. Then when he dies he does it again, like he gained a soul by his act of humanity.
There are a few more Pinocchio references, like you can say Vegas was pleasure Island, and that car he saved Deckard from was the whale.

>im soooo maaaaad waaaah
k baby

I bet you think people who call you a faggot here are also mad

What is
>The Matrix
>The Fifth Element
>Minority Report
>Children of Men
>A.I. Artificial Intelligence
>Cube
>Signs
>Gattaca
>Paprika
>Inception
>Her
>Starship Troopers
>District 9
>Snowpiercer
>Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
>Contact
>Sunshine
>Avatar
>Pi
>Primer
>eXistenz
>Dark City
>Dredd
>Under the Skin
>Galaxy Quest
>A Scanner Darkly
>Moon

The fucking gall on you kids, honestly.

i bet you even look like comic book guy, cactus up your butt troll guy

hahaha
Did you just list every single mainsream movie you can think off, some clearly older than 20 years.

>Snowpiercer
>Eternal Sunshine
>Cube

HAHAHAHAH

>A Scanner Darkly
Ok, this is the only one I will give you the benefit of the doubt about

BR2049 is better than all of those. And a few of those are total shit, pleb.

The desire to be a contrarian makes you say really embarassing things

Lmao at your life.

you are just cringy as fuck. its embarrassing, man.

Most of these really aren't comparable beyond being under the "sci-fi" umbrella, but that doesn't make any less of a faggot. There were some GREAT sci-fi movies in the last 20 years.

>he doesn't name some
Scared of being memed at for your tastes?

>There were some GREAT sci-fi movies in the last 20 years.

Sure, but this one is better

The last 20 years actually managed to come up with some original ideas and styles.

There's a whole bunch in the list that other user posted.
>Starship Troopers
>Gattaca
>Sunshine
>Moon
>Children of Men
>The Matrix
These are all great. BR2049 is also great. None of them will be classics in 50 years however, while Blade Runner (not 2049) will be.

>We need to pump them up, they are rookie numbers
Can we just admit that viewing BR multiple time is a meme created by the marketing team desperate to make a substantial profit off the film?

Believe it or not, people actually like this film enough to go multiple times.

why did i like her so much

Moon, Sunshine and both BR films actually will be.

I don't even really like The Matrix, but it's the only one from your list that people will recognize 50 years from now unless they are a film buff.

Sunshine's third act was like someone else taking a dump on the table when youre still waiting on dessert

You realize you're in a 2049 thread right?

I can't believe that tv actually loves a movie this much, but also that I love a movie this much. what happened

some leaf frog made a real good movie. meaning the constellations aligned, and in billions of years of time, in all the empty space in the universe, on this tiny rock, you and the movie existed at the same pinprick moment and space in time, that will soon be forgotten like tears in rain.

Yeah, you're right on that. I'm OK with the Matrix, it's a fun flick, but normies will remember it eternally because it's so deep bruh and has cool action and leather pants.

What is it about this film that makes Reddit numales and feminists so upset that they can't understand it that they have to come and shit up these threads?

There's nothing not to understand faggot. I understood the film perfectly and many of its themes resonated with me. That doesn't mean I'm going to suck its fucking cock like you fags are when it's clearly not the masterpiece you wank it off as.

Probably the lack of originality leading to a general feeling of being unimpressed.

Genuinely saw it for the third time tonight and got kinda bored. I guess it's how normies felt on the first view.

thanks for not denying that you're Redditors, you can go back now.

Good call, dunno how I forgot those movies, I love all 3 of them

Eh, it's late

Sup Forums has always been a dumping ground for SRS. This is their latest cause I suppose, they can't let young white Sup Forums posters enjoy a movie with all white cast, no forced diversity, that connects with them

>Avatar

That's exactly what my problem with the movie. For all its competent execution it does nothing NEW, nothing INTERESTING. It's just very competently executed but that's not enough to elevate a movie.
What I keep saying is that it's a fantastic audio-visual experience, meant to be watched in theaters and definitely not on a PC monitor, but it's really not profound and doesn't give anything more than the original movie did. The few people I recommended it to on that angle who then went to see it pretty much agreed with me.

i could go to see it this evening, if im being memed i'll be upset.

i do like the young gosling so maybe;

See it, if you love it you'll have a great time, if you hate it you can meme about it on Sup Forums and have a great time.

If you haven't seen it then go see it.
It's long as fuck, bit over 2 and a half hours but it's really well done.
You aren't being memed.
Sup Forums is going crazy over hologram waifus

where the fuck is the hd stream

watching tonight for first time.

should i be worried?

For all its Pocahontas in space bullshit it actually had an original idea at its core and unique visuals besides "Roger Deakins next project"

well its out of theaters real soon so yeah you might regret only seeing it in a laptop monitor

Too early, my dude. They've shut down all the early releasers.

be worried that you might miss seeing it in threatres.

Yes, worry that you probably won't see a better film in years to come, maybe not ever. I'm not memeing.

To me at least, it darn close, combined with the fact that the other options where boo 2, Geostorm, or MLP I saw it 3 times (I go once a week)

only if youre an insufferable faggot like the troll who keeps shitposting in this thread

You're really only ripping yourself off by watching a shitty cam.
You'll miss all the beautiful visuals and stunning scenes

Only Paprika and 5th Element are better than Blade Runner 2049. Her is also better but it's hardly Sci Fi

> watching a shitty cam
hence why I asked for an hd stream and not a cam

gay

>The Matrix
>The Fifth Element
>Children of Men
>Inception
>Contact
>Moon

Those are on my list at least in the same zip code. All are very different movies then BR2049.

The only one of those that comes remotely close in impact is Matrix.
And even then it won't age as good as BR2049, nor is it really better than BR2049.

The fact that K is not special but even then evolves as individual to be able to make HIS decisions trough the movie (along with some other chars) makes BR2049 far, far, far superior do Matrix.

And I honestly like almost all those films in your list, except for Avatar. God, how I hate Avatar.

Rumored to hit BD before Christmas

>The only one of those that comes remotely close in impact is Matrix
Don't make me laugh. You can't have been more than 2 in 1999 to bring up the word "impact" comparing this film to the Matrix.
>The fact that K is not special but even then evolves as individual to be able to make HIS decisions
The prime motivation for his development is one of the most tired sci-fi tropes in 2017. Latching on to this "he's not special" theme when the protagonist is a superhuman hunk who every attractive character in the film swoons over is a joke.

Too busy to see it again, but I'm gonna buy the blu ray. I havent bought a movie since I picked up the xfiles collection dvds years ago.

The most tolerable release of BR2049 what I've found is Blade_Runner_2049_TS_720p-H4MST3R.

It's got the full movie. Picture and sound are tolerable, the colors arent as much burnt out compared to other releases.

I currently can't afford (nor have the time to) watch BR2049 for the third time so this will have to suffice.

I was born in 1982. People would non stop talk about Matrix when it came out. In my country only 2 other films did this: Jurassic Park and Titanic. Maybe a bit of LotR.

>The prime motivation for his development is one of the most tired sci-fi tropes in 2017. Latching on to this "he's not special" theme when the protagonist is a superhuman hunk who every attractive character in the film swoons over is a joke.
It's really unfortunate that the core message of the film completely went over your head.

People were shitting themselves over LotR where I live. Fellowship was something special.

Yeah, the Matrix and LotR had enough viewers to be a pop-cultural thing.

Blade Runner just doesn't have that viewership.

I am in HK and don't want any chinese cover version. Will there be a limited edition announced that can tempt my collector soul?

I am sure of it. They will be pimping out the blu-rays like mad.

>New movie comes out
>I get upset over not being able to meme about it
>Debate whether or not it's worth braving the public and the cinema as a single straight white male in today's world
>I'm still considering it by the time the movie leaves theatres, having made up memes that may or may not make sense, pretending I've seen the movie
>Tell myself I'll pirate it as soon as possible
>About a year and a half after torrent comes out I download it
>Actually watch the movie about a year after that

Every single time

>ADHD

embrace the chaos. Be the random. BE. Sup Forums

Everyone posts the screenshot of purple Gosling but I thought the blue face was way more kino

In other words can someone gib screencap pls

>For all its competent execution it does nothing NEW, nothing INTERESTING

I don't really agree.It could have been just a retread of the original but it I think it did some interesting stuff.

Like old Russian/ Soviet sci-fi motifs were everywhere, you don't see a lot of that in sci-fi.
The orphanage location looked like an old soviet factory.
Abandoned orange retro sci-fi las vegas wasn't really something I've seen.
Human/AI love relationship and sex scene also wasn't something you see everyday.

Yes the main theme just expanded on the original but it's not like the movie was completely run of the mill and didn't offer anything nwe

Don't wanna sound pretentious but

>Yes the main theme just expanded on the original
The first movie was very general about "the human condition"
The new one was about that , but also about fucked up modern society, isolation, loneliness, etc.

Sup Forums said it's good so nuposters overrate it so they can be accepted by Sup Forums.

It is pretty good though.