"Why do you watch boring movies like Blade Runner all the time, user...

>"Why do you watch boring movies like Blade Runner all the time, user? You should go see more fun and exiting stuff like Thor!"

How do you respond to this? My friend introduced me to a girl like pic related and she said that to me after I talked about how much I liked BR: 2049 and which she had just seen.

Well not exactly that, but the equivalent.

>How do you respond to this?
Take my meds to stop the voices.

>You should go see more fun and exiting stuff like Thor!"
>uh huh...
>cya

Just don't say anything. What's the point of answering a question like that? You know you're not gonna make her come around, she probably doesn't give a shit about movies. Go find a girl who is less of a pleb.

The worst part about it is that people agreed with her. Two of which were my classmates in my fucking film production class.

I fucking hated the looks people gave me after she said that. I wanted to punch her nose in.

Just say you like movies for atmosphere and slower pace and leave it at that, don't be ashamed or sorry

Honestly, you can probably insult her to her face as long as you do it in an even slightly clever way. This is something I never realized until a new girl was hired at my work, and she has almost no knowledge of anything at all. I make fun of her vocabulary and lack of general knowledge constantly and she doesn't seem to have any problem with it. My advice would be to call her a dumbass and tell her she has terrible taste. If you have even the tiniest amount of charisma (and believe me I have almost none) you can get away with it easily.

what do you want to do with this girl?
"im just not really into movies like thor, BR 2049 much more my style. i also like ____ kind of movies"
continue the conversation i suppose

>find a girl who is less of a pleb.
do you want to end up alone?
thats how you end up alone.

(not resorting to fattys or uggos)

why do you make fun of her?
doesn't sound like banter

I'd rather be alone than with a boring girl. I've already had interesting girls though, they exist but as I said they are harder work.

you tell her you watch movies that aren't aimed at literal fucking children. shame her for watching media specifically fabricated for children and just walk away from all those idiots. people who make fun of you for taste in music, tv, film, literature are 10/10 times gonna recommend some childish shit like marvel movies or Harry potter. you tell your stupid "friend" to stop introducing you to fucking idiots and to start hanging out with real woman

>consuming someone else’s work
>not brainlet
Lel.

Cool your jets bitch, Thor isn't even out yet.

If she said she prefers movies like Thor she was just expressing her opinion and you should stop being a faggot and get over the fact people have different tastes.

If you think this one example means she is dumb/superficial in general you should consider if that is a dealbreaker for you or not: does she have redeeming features? Is she sweet and sociable? Will she give you enough space to do things with friends (if you have them)? Does she like to go out and do stuff OR does she like to chill at home on the couch, and which matches your personality best? etc.

If she is hostile to different tastes, hostile to 'smart' media (in contrast to just not interested in them), and is actually telling you what to like as an order - which some girls do - you should tell her to fuck off and go be a roastie somewhere else.

>I wanted to punch her nose in.

This is the emotion the average fa/tv/irgin has at the start of a potential romantic relationship.

Sup Forums truly is a board for the mentally stable and well adjusted.

Smile and laugh. Then hatefuck her brains out later.

>How do you respond to this?
Thor is not interesting in the least to me, it's beyond boring.

Just the truth.

It's pretty fucking annoying if a person says "why do you watch that boring stuff you watch? You should watch that exciting stuff (shit) that I watch!". I wouldn't sperg out about it though, I'm used to people looking at me funny for my movie and music preferences.

>comment about what movies you watch "all the time" in first conversation after introduction
>Stacey ever talking about a capeshit movie in public

Tell us more about this "girl" OP.

This is the only right answer

OUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAARGH PLEBEIAN

PLEEEEEB PLEEEEEEEB

I'd say "sure, sounds like fun". I'm not an autist, op.

> exiting stuff
is this mean watching thor make you want to kill yourself?

you realized you had a whole in your story. too late. this is a fake story

If I find her attractive I might ask her if I can invite her to see Thor with me. If not I tell her that it doesn't seem like a movie I'd enjoy a lot.

this
tell her we can go back to my place and fuck while i put on thor 1 and 2 in the background

pretty much the same effect when watching movies with the majority of women desu

a normal person would try to convince her to see your point of view and express how your love of films shaped your taste. too bad Sup Forums is full of autistic virgins.

Don't know why Sup Forums is getting so triggered by Thor anyway, movie looks rad as fuck. It's almost as if you guys just pick whatever Marvel flick is newest and shit on it as if it's the worst thing ever.

But I'm going to watch Thor too? Can't I enjoy both?

>decided to talk to cute girl in class because thought she was so cute
>now feel even worse because ill probably never be with her
i hate myself

>It's almost as if you guys just pick whatever Marvel flick is newest and shit on it as if it's the worst thing ever.
I dunno about Sup Forums but yeah? That's pretty much what I do. Everything as commercial as marvel movies is garbage.

Your point?

well, try to hook up with her then?? what's stopping you

Call her a pleb

>what's stopping you
me

Yep

Females seem to hate all hard scifi for some reason.

>a woman would prefer one cgi shitfest over the other
Yeah, no