ITT: Obscure comic characters that exist the Marvel or DC universe

>Is a young boy in the 616 universe
>lives in a world full of superheroes
>He's met the Hulk and Wolverine
>Is distant cousins with Spiderman
>He is an adult in the ultimate universe where he hosts a mutant hunting reality show

Other urls found in this thread:

marvunapp.com/Appendix4/beezergusadv.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who the fuck even is this? I can't find anything when googling him.

Stanley and his Monster

DC probably would want to forget about this after the Jared fiasco

Everytime he went to Subway he kept trying to get into smaller and smaller pants.

marvunapp.com/Appendix4/beezergusadv.htm

Kek

he was even a member of the Justice League for a while

That's what happens when you only put 6 inches in your mouth

Does anyone remember this fucking guy? What were they think back in the day, eh?

Isn't he an alternate universe Captain Atom?

>tfw no New52/Rebirth Miss Army Knife

Johnny DC

samefagging to add that Camelot 3000 was DC and very underrated imo

I sometimes wonder how certain characters wind up with their code names and gimmicks.

>Armorer: So, you want to be a costumed mercenary, huh? Okay, what have you got to work with, Mrs.-
>MAK: Ms. And, well, I'm from Switzerland. And I was in the military. And I'm pretty good with tools and knives.
>Armorer:... The muses have taken me.

>Bolland art
>DC
>80's hair cuts
>Sexy lesbians
>English cultural references
Is this Moore or Morrison?

>I see... RED!
>Yes.
>I see... KNIVES!
>Yeeeees...
>I see... VICTORINOX!
>Yeee-wait what

Johnny DC movie when

I mean they use FANTASTIC! to describe him twice he's clearly the best DC superhero.

Mike Barr. All the Arthurian heroes get reborn, and Tristan becomes a sexy lesbian.

Holy fuck, I forgot this nigga existed

Well she doesn't exist anymore; she was blown to bloody chunks during Annihilation: Conquest.

Thats not a chin thats a tumor

Let me tell you kids about Tomahawk.

See, after World War II superheroes were getting to be old hat, and western comics were the new thing. DC decided to cash in by introducing Tom "Tomahawk" Hawk and his young pal Dan Hunter, who tweaked the Redcoats' noses during the American Revolution - combining the boy sidekick with cowboys, with a slightly offbeat (but very patriotic) setting... I'm sure you'll all agree, pretty slick on DC's part. And it worked! Tomahawk soon became the cover star on Star-Spangled Comics, seeing off captain Compass and even Robin the Boy Wonder.

Then the 50's came around, and everyone loved Davey Crockett (or rather, Fess Parker's lively, if highly inaccurate depiction). Pretty much every comic book company cashed in, often publishing Davey Crockett comics; DC would eventually get their own, but in the meantime they decided to make Tomahawk even more folksy and outdoorsy, as well as adding Tomahawk's Rangers. Star-Spangled Comics became Star-Spangled War Comics in '51, by which point Tomahawk got his own ongoing anyway, in which a young Davey Crockett would make several appearances.

Of course, when the Silver Age came around, things got kinda nutty at DC, and Tomahawk was no slouch in that department. Giant purple bow-wielding gorillas, lizard monsters, talking totem poles... you name it, Tomahawk had to deal with it. He even got his own team - Tomahawk's Rangers (possibly cashing in on the resurgence in popularity of The Texas Rangers) and his own superheroine - Miss Liberty, Liberty Belle's great-great-great-great grandmother or some shit.

As the Bronze Age rolled around, DC decided to make Tomahawk reflect the more visceral and socially-conscious western movies in cinemas at the time. In his new covers, Tomahawk would be found guilty of murder by his own Rangers, weep over accidentally killing a child, be pulled apart by wild horses... you know, the usual.

Then, as the 70's finally hoved into view, Tomahawk's ongoing changed to become Son of Tomahawk, with an even bigger shift to the socially conscious, with stories about slavery and the treatment of Native Americans (Tom's son was half-Native American) cropping up. However, this was the 1970's and nobody really gave a shit about any DC cowboy comic that wasn't about Jonah Hex - a proud tradition that comic book readers carry on today - and Tomahawk's ongoing was cancelled in 1972, after 140 issues.

Vertigo put out a Tomahawk one-shot in 1998, but nobody really cared.

Aaaaand... that's pretty much it. Nobody's really done much with him since, even though he would've been perfect for Batman: The Brave & The Bold. Shame, really.