ITT: Characters that men will never understand

ITT: Characters that men will never understand

She looks so much like me, blue hair and all

Reminder that K never believed she was real, he's just playing pretend with himself and satisfying a need for companionship.
The Goose is subtle about it so autists don't notice

Can you pull it off, though?

Joi is unironically a character women will never understand

so your a guy in drag?

Then why did he care when she got stomped to shit?.

He spent his bonus on it and it also all of his save file and Joi’s DLC.

Because she was his only source of companionship even if she was fake

If he cared, why did he reach out so slowly for it?
He was able to drown a woman just hours later.

>ITT: Characters that humans will never understand
FTFY

Most likely because at that time he believed he was the child, and by extension he believed JOI was also something special and more than just a product.

K is a character JOI will never understand

In terms of that universe where you could also just buy a replicant, and most likely one that looked like JOI, and holograms are the cheaper option that even more people would have, she is just a product.
But for us in reality, a JOI would be a mindblowing companion to have, even with a lesser intelligence than the JOI in the movie.
But also in terms of the movie, a JOI could clearly adapt and develop opinions and act independently of her owner, so she's still more than a typical product.

google also learns what I like and responds accordingly, does it mean it is more than a product and I can fall in love with it?

Google doesn't project a sexy cuban girl AI.
Did you forget that part of the movie?

yet*

Right, so your argument is based on hypotheticals.

Syri can't project my ideal woman to walk around my room and masturbate in front of me. Wallace Industries JOI can.

JOI was just a product at the start, when he tells her "you don't have to say that" during the rain scene. He was aware then that what he had was not real love, or real companionship.

The whole point is that as the movie progresses, this changes for both of them. The turning point is when he refuses to put JOI in the emanator due to the risk, he clearly cares for her personally by this stage. JOI insists for him to do it despite the risk, saying she would do it herself is she could. This is where you see JOI truly caring for him as well, and expressing her own will outside of whatever programming she has.

By the time JOI dies, and by the time K dies, they both became something special, more than just a product.

Go back to your porg thread and stay there

he was under the illusion that he was special. He pulled a veil over his own head to live in a fantasy. That's the whole point of the movie ffs. JOI only says what he wants to hear.
never reply to me again

because he was still seeing stars from being kicked in the nose multiple times one moment earlier

The point is that he thought he was special, then when he found out he wasn't, just being aware that he may have been special changed him. It allowed him to experience what it is like being "special", and that was enough for him to become special in the end. That's why he saves Deckard instead of killing him. Here,

"Screenwriter Michael Green explained that Blade Runner 2049 was about a “character’s aspiration toward ascension.” Like John Shade discovering that his near-death vision was not shared, K realizes that his memory of a wooden horse didn’t belong to him after all. It means he is not Rachael’s child, that he’s not a miracle, not special after all, but it no longer matters. The moment K thinks he is more and wants to be more, he becomes more. His perception is reality. It reprograms him."

And for JOI, she lives through him. When K realizes he may be something more, she too truly thinks he is special. She starts having her own thoughts independent of K, like when she gets Mariette to help her, and kicks her out once she's done with her. Plus the most important emanator scene that I explained in the previous post.

Literally me.

If Joi were just a product she wouldn't have hesitated to sell out K to Wallace

If you get banned from Steam, your games don't let you keep them because they love you more than they love Gaben

>If you get banned from Steam, your games don't let you keep them because they love you more than they love Gaben

I still have 'em on my HDD tho, and gaben can suck my dick

good luck playing them without a crack

and what exactly is stopping me from obtaining said crack?