What were they thinking with a name like that? Maybe not the meme it is today...

What were they thinking with a name like that? Maybe not the meme it is today, but "beta" had the same defintion back then as it does now. Why not got whith Alphamax? Apextape?

A thread dedicated to coming up with a better name for this product, so that in an alternate timeline it may be successful.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betamax

Other urls found in this thread:

powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Omegamax_Cycle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

V H S
Betamax
Probably would have done marginally better with Alphamax.

Its like Idris Elba vs Chiwetel Ejiolfor

>but "beta" had the same defintion back then as it does now
beta has always referred to siamese fighting fish until recently

how to spot an underage retard: the post.

It was supposed to be "Betta Max" because it was the better (to the maximum), but they fucked it up

Someone make a virgin betamax chad VHS meme

It's called that because it uses beta radiation to produce the image.

i have a stupidly large vhs collection, but no betamax unfortunately

beta = advanced version of alpha prototype
something at alpha stage = early prototype
beta = more advanced, developed version, still not final

That's real cool and all, but your still stuck with your product being called "betamax".

and? whats wrong with this? should be called 'omegamax' ? or maybe VST-12D-SC-3 or soemthing like that?

>should be called 'omegamax'

Nah, that would be the name reserved for you

btfo

>'omegamax
holyshit
powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Omegamax_Cycle

It looks like something an omega would own and ride.

>my knowledge of the words omega, alpha, and Beta was gained from online culture
reeks of underage

>HAHA, I AM AN OLDFAG
You and OP should throw a suicide party.

It is a tool meant to be used. Why would you want to slap the word "alpha" on everything you own like a 12 year old? There aren't alphas without betas. You can't be alpha if your cassete tape is also alpha.

you don't have to be oldfag to know popular technological terms, taken from greek
25 YO here, working in IT, alpha, beta, gamma and other terms are something common

millenial science fag here. alpha, beta and gamma are radiation terms too. Literally middle-school knowledge

and yet here you are arguing over dumb terms in a shitty betamax thread on a Vietnamese noodle lithograph sharing website.

I hope OP has spare invites to his party for you.

spreading knowledge is best thing people can do, in any form
even if at least 1 person took a lesson on this, i find it as success

This is quite possibly the most reddit thing I have read in all my life.