So among Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney, which treats a fledgling cartoon show "better"...

So among Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney, which treats a fledgling cartoon show "better", or for the lack of better word, screws the show less?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YN6K05_bO6k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is Dr. Pac-Man on Sup Forums?

Because Pacman has a cartoon, so technically he's Sup Forums related.

Well Disney and Nick will tend to boot their shows off to their secondary channels
I think Disney copyrights your characters even if their don't get greenlit
Cartoon Network might air it at a death slot or it will get buried under all that TTG

he's offering you games user, don't you want them?

does the secondary Nick channel forces mandatory "20 eps, 2 seasons" shit?

>I think Disney copyrights your characters even if their don't get greenlit
The fuck? Why would anyone agree to that? Source?

I think that's what Nicktoons does
I'm sure whatever gets booted to Nicktoons had already been given their seasons anyway

Because you want to profit off your ideas

And you can't do so if Disney doesn't greenlight your show or let you take your show to other channels. Unless I've mistaken what the original comment meant. Do they take the copyright for pilots and then not produce the show?

If Bunnicula is any indication, Boomerang seems to be slowly becoming CN's lesser network.

I guess you can't profit off reruns forever

Although with wabbit, another tom and jerry remake and scooby doo:bootleg Seth macfarlene addition, I'm gonna assume they're trying to branch out more but by still airing classic characters

w-wait

where are old reruns going?

In the archives unless Time Warner/Turner is willing to create a new channel to air those

Making fiends
Nuff said

Oh, Heisei Generations is already out?
I really need to catch up and finish Ghost.

no it isn't, not until July at the earliest

that's from Kamen Rider Genm

>Watching ghost

user I don't know what you're going through right now, but there are better things you can do than watch ghost. Like watching masked rider

Woah, let's not say things we can't take back, user.

Ghost was worse than masked rider and made wizard and kiva look good in comparison.

user, I am halfway through Ghost right now, and having followed Wizard weekly, I can honestly say that Ghost isn't even half as bad as Wizard.

The back half of Ghost is significantly better than the first half, since it gave Takeru a character.

What happened in Wizard? I'm only a few episodes in.

>What happened in Wizard? I'm only a few episodes in.
What didn't happen. After, like, 20 episodes things just... stall, there's no character development, the plot doesn't really progress, the fights are all flash and no substance. You could exchange half the cast for cardboard cutouts and it would make no difference.

just focus on Ex-Aid

Sounds like Ghost.

>Zyuohger is giving a really great endgame for a fantastic Sentai
>Kyuranger looks fascinating
>Ex-Aid is non-stop amazing

feels good

Yeah, I went into Ghost expecting it to be Wizard 2.0, but until now it's still pretty okay, maybe it's because I am binge watching it instead of following weekly like I did with Wizard.

oh you haven't seen the villain's plan

that immediately puts it beneath Wizard

I already got spoiled about some things and no, nothing can be beneath the White Wizard's shit twist.

no seriously, [spoilerGremlin being the main villain[/spoiler] is done much better compared to how Adel becomes the villain primarily because the latter's case... THEY KEEP REUSING THE WHOLE DAMN SHIT

MUH TENKUJI TAKERU IS THE KEY

>Gremlin being the main villain is done much better

you said you were only spoiled but not actually experienced it yet, right?

hahaha oh prepare for the stupidity user because I am praying for your sanity not to slip

Btw.

Onari or Shunpei?

>slowly

for a long time at the beginning, they weren't profitting off that channel at all. They didn't air commercials for the first several years

Onari > Shunpei
Rinko > Akari

so why change Boomerang's policy?

At least Wizard has Beast and Haruto can still be likeable in movies and on occasion in the show.
Takeru is likeable in NOTHING.
He's just "endless human potential" and "my life will burn bright!" man. He never evolves past this.

Onari, Shunpei can die in a fire for all that I care.
>Yuuki>Kiriko>Hana>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mayu=Akari>>>>>>>>>>>Rinko>>>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>Akiko

>tfw despair IS waiting for him in the finish line

>tfw you are NOT Terui Ryu

Did anyone here grow up with 2000-2004/5 era Nick?

Early Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents, Chalkzone, Invader Zim, My Life as a teenage robot, Danny phantom(seasons 1-2), Jimmy Neutron, Friday Night Nicktoons, U-Pick Live... man, those were the days.

Not to mention, at this time, they STILL had reruns(Rocko's Modern Life, Kablam, and Angry Beavers) or even new episodes(Rugrats, Hey Arnold, CatDog, Rocket Power) of the 90s shows, which created a perfect "equilibrium" of old and new.

yeah my grandparents had cable around late 90's up to 2005, it was a pretty good time

even CN and Disney had that mix

Please don't finish Ghost. it gets worse, somehow.

>tfw all I remember about Terui was his bulge and how he gets with the worst character in the show
I wouldn't have minded it if it was remotely in-character.

There's no way a guy like him would have interest in Akiko. Him getting with fucking Shotaro would be more in-character than that, even.

No one needs to finish Ghost, user. Not even me, and I liked it for the first 3/4ths.

I already started it, and I am gonna finish it.

Not that user but I would assume they take the copyright so you can't just go to one of their competitors with the idea and have it made there. It's not just making sure you have enough ammunition to take the enemy down, it's also making sure they get less to take you down with as well. If you pardon the shitty analogy.

youtube.com/watch?v=YN6K05_bO6k

What I'll never understand is why they bothered giving a rerun programming block it's own channel, premium I might add, but never give the late night for adult programming block it's own channel when it was actually trying to be its own thing

You're going to regret that.

>I can honestly say that Ghost isn't even half as bad as Wizard.
Wizard has good things to it. It's just a waste of potential

Ghost only had one thing going for it, it's basic concept. Everything else was bland as shit

Makoto wasn't even allowed to follow up on all the sis-con teasing they did.
Fuck Ghost.

It made sense at the time. They wanted to clear the schedule of decades-old cartoons to make room for the Cartoon Cartoons, but didn't want to let that old catalog sit in their vault collecting dust.

Of course fast forward 15 years later and that catalog has a good size layer of dust on it while Boomerang plays scraps its parent throws at it.

Sis-con teasing is a time honored Rider tradition. Almost as old as homoerotic subtext between male leads.

He actually fantasizes about his own sister in show though.
Does he even end up fucking anybody? All I know is that he might be paired off in the new movie, but I'm not about to subject myself to more Ghost.

Don't say I didn't warn you

I love surprise toku threads on co

I don't know shit about Super Sentai.
The suits in Kyuranger look cool as fuck though, might actually watch that.

Lol someone else screencapped that at a different point from me, I feel special.

Jetman and Gobusters are good places to start, good luck user

My last attempt was Zyuohger.
I'm not implying I disliked it, I actually like it a lot.
But then I forgot to keep watching it after episode.... when did Larry debut and give out his gorilla form?

BUSTERS READY GO

Don't forget, Metal Heroes shows are getting subbed at an alarming rate! We have Gavan, Juspion, Winspector, Solbrain and Byclosser all done! With Sharivan, Exceedraft and Janperson in the pipeline!

Isn't there going to be a new movie soon too? Or a mini-series? I can't remember which.

Something about Metal Heroes doesn't seem as fun as Sentai or Rider.
Or Zubat for that matter

Dekaranger vs Gavan, with villains from throughout the Metal Heroes series.

The movie between Gavan and Dekaranger.

>not as fun

When did Gackt travel back in time?

>Nossan is coming back in the Zyuohger special

Would it be retarded to watch that if the only thing I've seen that even remotely relates to Metal Heroes is the Gavan movie from about 5 years ago?
I've never even watched Dekaranger, or any Super Sentai

Man, the Metal Heroes series were just full of the silliest bullshit.

Zyuohger feels slightly above average for me, mainly because of how good of a character Misao is and the fact that they bought a camera drone so by god there are some flying scenes.

The way I hear it, Dekaranger 10 Years After spoils Dekaranger in a big way, so this new movie is probably similarly spoilerific.

Sadly Dekaranger is not yet completed by a good sub team, but Over-Time is working on it.

Eh, the Bunglay arc kinda killed the pacing and screamed "shit the budget's drying up!"

>Main translator subs Ghost
>Refuses to sub Ex-Aid
>Also refused to sub Gaim in the past
Over-Time a shit.

To be fair, Heat was up for Gaim; it's just that Magenta wanted to see if he had it in him to go solo. As for Ex-Aid, they'd gone through one meh series and one bad one in the last two years so initial impressions of this year's series raised red flags.

I fucking called Emu being patient zero.

>I really need to catch up and finish Ghost.
Believe me, you really don't.

To be fair, it was hinted at as soon as we learned that being a Rider required a specific surgery.

I really do like the ongoing theme that the rider powers are derived from the evil they fight.

Shame that's a normal opinion of most Rider shows post Double.

The only thing about Ex-Aid that disappointed me was the lack of a Decade connection.
>That name
>That color scheme
>No connection to Decade whatsoever

Nah, OOO, Fourze, Gaim and Drive are worth finishing. In fact, the later half of Drive is the only part that's good.

As long as they keep fixing Timeranger (and doing Yoshihiko), they are good in my book
Thinking about it, Bunglay's role as a main villain was a big pile of nothing. I would have liked if he didn't died like a bitch and kept with the blood game

>Kamen Rider Chronicle

The first part is good too, it just goes to shit when they keep dwelling on Chase's mind control and also when Gou pretends to be mind-controlled.

What, no. The second half of Drive was terrible. You don't just get to make the Roidmudes a bunch of irredeemable assholes only to turn around try to make them sympathetic, ESPECIALLY Medic of all people after all of the bullshit she pulled..

>we may see Decade split Double and fight with the Ex-aid brothers

*Ex Aid

Fuck you, it's Kamen Rider Genm.
Dan is best boy, it's HIS show.

They didn't really do that though. They were still assholes but they had an even bigger asshole to fight now in Banno.

>Tfw no Kamen Rider Chronicles directed by Tetsuya Takahashi

Wasn't that just a promotion for that legend rider series?

Winspector was so fucking good

>thread about children's cartoons soon becomes a thread about toku sentai/Kamen Rider.

Not that I'm complaining, some of that shit looks cool but where would I start?

Also I think it's a mix between CN and Disney (both still have flaws). Nick is the absolute worst about it. If your show aint Spongebob they dont care.

Start with /m/'s Kamen Rider general, the OP always has useful links even if the general itself is usually garbage.

Man, that guide is old.

>Start with /m/'s Kamen Rider general
Do not listen to this
/krg/ is just a den of shitposting and idiots trying to force memes

ehh Bunglay didn't last long to cause pacing problems for me and it lead to multiple plotpoints

still one of the better post-gokaiger shows along with GB and ToQ

hope Kyu is good